Tsw: Db Br 204 Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 21, 2020.

1. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Really sad fact. 2 months from release of this DLC and still no update released.
    ...and Rivet already fixed this. Where is the problem DTG?
    It looks like all the bugs will be carried over to TSW2... really bad approach by DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Ultimately the game is playable...and yes we have all completed the options...and yes an update would be nice...but hey ho

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I think I was the first who discovered the shifted bogie at the BR204 (thanks to the eagle eyes ;)) and I'm also waiting for the update since two long months now. Rivet Games already delivered an update in mid-May, on time and quickly! So the ball still lies at DTG and it's finally time to playing it out. My guess is that it will come together with the fixed MSB route and the solved problem with the too deep bridge near Lohr. The MSB route was made and can only be fixed by DTG and that can be the reason why it takes so long. TSW 2 is right at the corner and after its release TSW 1 will not get any future updates. Consequently, all problems on previous routes must be solved with the last updates...

• Like Like x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Well, that just is not true! Since I really like this particular activity, I ran it again yesterday, obeying the unusually low speed limit each of the two times that the driver encounters it and watching closely the behavior of the AI engines that couple to the consists made up by the player engine. Both AI engines stopped short of coupling until I had uncoupled from the consists. Since I have been able to complete the activity successfully twice and we're both dealing with the original, un-patched activity, something else must have caused the derailment you've described.

• Like Like x 1
  5. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Finally the patch has been released for this DLC today!

Thx to Rivet and DTG!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Great news. Thank you to the development teams :)

7. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Is the bridge height issue fixed? It wasn't specifically mentioned in the patch notes.

8. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

Finally the update! But I can't see the new timetables, I can only see the new scenario..

9. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

There is one new timetable service and one scenario replaced by new one.

10. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

No unfortunately not, the too deep bridge isn't fixed yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

RIVET patched their wonderful engine; only DTG can patch that low-slung bridge and it took them several months to apply RIVET's patch. No further comment from me.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

Ive just been playing the new scenario. 1 hour in, I decide to look at the other controls, go to the left and fell out of the train with the door closed :( 60mins into a 105min scenario... FAILED :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

What is the name of the new timetable service?

14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Press Ctrl-0 and that will put you back in the cab again

15. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

There’s still a big gap between the two locos when coupled the buffers aren’t touching themselves

16. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

on xbox? ctrl+0 doesn't work on keyboard for console

17. LastTrainToClarksville

I'm pretty sure that the buffers do not have to be touching when coupled engines or cars are located on straight sections of track; the come into play on curved track sections and during coupling operations to keep couplers and wagons themselves from crunching into each other.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Of course they have to to not damage the frame and when I say a gap it’s not a small one

19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, looking at the patch notes I expected a bit more than that... OK then.
    When you couple the trains (buffers and chain), you have to screw the chain to create a "light pressure" on buffers. On a straight, they HAVE to be in contact to prevent cars and locos from slamming into each other with force. If you apply a lot of brakes, a strong slam could break the buffers and potentially the frame of the car/loco. If you then go into a curve, outer buffers can lose contact - that's fine - while the inner ones get pressed a lot more.

20. LastTrainToClarksville

Well, I came close? Thanks for what I assume is an accurate description.

21. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Would you be able to send a screenshot of that bug? Not quite sure what size of gap we're talking about.

22. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Of course here you go ! ( I was talking between the two buffers and the second screen is to proof I did the update )
    FFD50C94-190D-44DA-BD15-7C7B69E12574.jpeg 0A9159D3-3512-46CF-8356-0224EEFF2D82.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  23. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

To me that is a normal gap, especially in shunting locos that may have to operate on tight radius curves in yards. In Ireland our Class 201 locos have a very similar gap when coupled together like above and they are main line locos. Strangely, our older 071 class locos are buffer touching when coupled together.

• Like Like x 3
  24. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

No, it is not:
    Screenshot_20200715-101600_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot is taken from this Video:

• Like Like x 2
  25. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I am sad to see that you have found something that you are not 100% happy with, and decided to raise it as an issue to be fixed. Can't you wait a couple of years for it to get fixed....? Is this something that you expect to get fixed anytime soon, or should everyone just be very relaxed about it....? It is just a minor coupling glitch... Surely it is okay with you for it to not be done properly? Why do you have to go on about it......? ;-)

More seriously......... this gap is not normal in most operations, as it leads to erratic localised longitudinal shocks/impulses on the draw-bar that should be mitigated by having forces taken through the buffer contact and through the headstocks - this massively increases the life of the frame of the locos and other rolling stock by reducing fatigue, crack propagation, etc.

The buffers on this loco actually have a huge amount of travel - probably to deal with tight radii curves in yards. You can see pairs of 204s coupled together in the following photos, with full contact on a straight bit of track:

https://www.famx.de/fotos/DB/Diesel/Diesel-BR-204.html

Obviously, a gap between buffers isn't a problem if you have a robust central coupling, like a buckeye, designed to transmit the loads/shocks across the drawbar.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  26. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

not

27. LastTrainToClarksville

Another food fight in the playpen -- how boring!

• Like Like x 1
  28. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Can I just say rather than having a bun fight over the dimensions of the distance from the buffers, I have actually enjoyed playing the longer scenario. I haven't yet actually finished it its so long, but it feels something of accomplishment to have got the goods all the way down the mainline and now to head off down the branch.

I hope DTG have taken note of what Rivet have done. It doesn't all need to be done in 45 minutes.

Thanks Rivet :)

• Like Like x 8