PC Moon Shadow Is Incorrect

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dinosbacsi, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Now this is kinda just nitpicking, and really isn't an important issues, but I guessed I should share it as I find it interesting and silly at the same time. So anyway, other day I was driving on GWE I looked up at the sky and saw this.
    [​IMG]
    Both the sun and the moon is visible on the sky, and interestingly the side of the moon that is facing the sun is dark, while the side facing away from it is lit. Doesn't really make sense.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

This just adds further proof that the Earth really is completely flat, and not shaped like a ball at all. A ball... I mean... honestly... they just make this stuff up..... ;-)

They've all been lying to us for years......! That's what you get when you trust "experts" and people that call themselves "scientists".

Plastic Pal, Assistant Doubter
    (Global Flat Earth Society)

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It still annoys me when I see a child’s picture and they have the sun and a rainbow next to each other, like that could ever happen. Strangely enough, the phases of the moon not being correctly implemented in TSW doesn’t bother me as much. I don’t think the stars are all correctly positioned in the sky either :D

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Oh this would drive me nuts.

The Earth can't be like a ball- I've seen gardeners sticking forks in it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Maybe it's from the film Oblivion.... and that is all that is left of the Moon..... after the war that nearly destroyed humanity.....? It would explain the absence of passengers as well....!

6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I know what you mean and I hate it as well, lol.

Damn my man, you are onto something. What if this is all just a simulation? A simulation world..? A (Train) Sim World?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

<<cough>> I would argue that based upon most pictures created by children, you would be correct... However...
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/phot...shot-a-sun-dog-or-a-rainbow-halo-around-the-/
    the internet is a wonderful resource.... the one below is from the Farmers almanac site... Sundog-Sun-Halo-i909445786.jpg

• Like Like x 2