PlayStation Some Tsw Dlc In The Current Ps Store Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Jun 24, 2020.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone hadn’t realised there are some discounts in the current mid-year sale until 7th July.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

Thanks. I saw that myself yesterday, and bought Oakville and Baby Bullet (you still have to search for it in the Store, it doesn't show up in the add-ons for the game page in the store.

For those interested, the discounts are:
    Caltrain MP15DC Diesel Switcher 20% £9.19
    Tees Valley Line: Darlington – Saltburn 55% £11.24
    BR Class 31 35% £7.46
    Caltrain MP36PH-3C ‘Baby Bullet’ 30% £8.04
    Canadian National Oakville Subdivision 30% £17.49
    East Coastway 30% £17.49
    Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg - Bochum 20% £19.99
    Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose 40% £14.99
    Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal - Hagen 35% £16.24
    Ruhr-Sieg Nord 65% £8.74

And the base game is half price too (so about 12 notes)

• Like Like x 4
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Is there a crazy algorithm that works out the percentage discount on the DLC or is it a blind man throwing darts at numbers on a wall? I can’t work it out. Recent PS4 sales have seen RSN go from 65% off (I didn’t buy it then, got something else), to 55% off (I did buy it then), and now 65% off again (too late, already got it). So many different levels of discount.

4. TinTin_57

I am tempted to get the baby Bullet for £8 I must admit.....if the trophies are working. Do 15 services with it looks fairly low at 0.1% of all players though when I look at the trophy list

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I believe it depends on which way the wind is blowing on the day the sale starts. Of course there's also the variable of how much the pine cone on the desk has opened to consider. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

All of the Baby Bullet trophies can be acquired. You do get some additional variety with the Baby Bullet, so if you like Peninsular Corridor then it is a good addition. The 36 is much easier to drive than the 40 (so I prefer the 40....), but you do get a good feeling of momentum with the 36... which is hard to describe... sort of feels right..

The PS4 stats for the BB probably reflect the fact that DTG have not bothered to market the BB to PS4 players.... they literally could not be bothered to associate the BB DLC (or the M3) with the game on PlayStation Store, so it probably won't get many sales, even in the current sale. I am sure they would fix this if someone diligent like TrainSim-Steve had responsibility for PS4 marketing, as he would get it fixed ASAP.....but I think PS4 is outside his remit, so DTG will just have to miss out on sales for the BB and the M3 on PS4.

NB: I am missing quite a few TSW DLCs (four routes and some loco DLCs).... but I can't see me buying them until they are all set at their normal price, which is when they are marked as "66% off".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I'm tempted by the BB too. I've rarely dabbled with the Corridor to be honest so it would certainly be a reason to do so.
    It's that or RSN as that's temptingly cheap as well.
    Would certainly benefit to know what 'preserved' routes and traction will be available at launch of TS2 (I'm going to guess the newer ones).
    That said I'm liable to keep TSW as it anyhow as there are going to be those routes left in the 'Dai Woodhams' Barry Island' section that I'm still going to want to run.

8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

For me, if it was a choice between RSN and the BB.... then RSN would have to win every time. Especially now that the DB BR 155 works on RSN...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

pitty the 204 is not on sale as i would buy it with its bugs, also i would buy the M3 if that was on sale also. so 2 sales dtg have lost

10. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...thanks for the tip, TinTin- getting ready to purchase the Caltrain switcher as we speak. Only 20% off on it, but that’s good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TinTin_57

I do have that one and I must say it has a bit of everything including full length runs of the route. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  12. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

From what I've seen, everything ends up on sale at some point. I've not paid full price for any of the DLCs (still spent a small fortune though). Hold your beans, and check the store regularly, I would imagine both will be available at a reduced price at some point.