PlayStation Old Routes Availability & Price

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wilfboy, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

As the old routes and locos will no longer be supported and updated, for how long will they still be available to buy and will they be sold at a discounted price?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Some of the routes are going into the preserved section of TSW and DTG stated in the TSW2 release video that anyone who purchases a preserved route on either platform will be buying the license for both (so if you buy it on TSW1 after the TSW2 release date you'll get it on both games)

So they will likely remain in the sale system, but not be routinely discounted.

3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Some ?? I thought ALL of the old routes are going into the preserved section. I think the only question marks that remain are GWE, RT and NEC. I hope their fate will be made clear in the next TSW2 Q&A stream.

4. ARuscoe

That's not what I got from the stream but I haven't listened back to that specific section. I don't remember them saying any specifics that were or were not included on launch day

• Like Like x 1
  5. OnlyMe1909

They clearly stated that all TSW DLC would be ported over as preserved routes. As I see it, that's all routes except GWE/RT/NEC as they were never DLC's but came with the Original game when it first came out. I hope they will be ported over as well, but it's not been confirmed and that makes me doubt it.... And my doubt only grows as DTG remain very quiet when it comes to those original three routes. As I said, I hope they'll clarify it in the next Q&A stream

• Like Like x 1
  6. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I'm of the belief not only the original TSW routes are for the chop, but also any DLC that came to TSW *BEFORE* the 2020 update, so until I hear otherwise, I'm expecting only TSW2020 specific DLC will become the Preserved Collection.

My advice, don't uninstall TSW2020 if you want to play your older routes

7. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Wether they can be ported or not, I would still like to play them in TSW1 because of keeping my old scores etc, however there are a few that I haven’t got but would like to have, but don’t think they are now worth full price of £25 per route if, like I said at the start of this post, they are no longer supported or updated.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They will still work in TSW and as far as we know will be available to buy for a long time to come. The lack of updates won’t change anything because most content has had all the updates they were ever likely to get. Pick them up in sales, I’m sure there will be bargains to be had for a long while yet.

9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Actually that's a good point, especially in relation to the PS store.

Some/all(?) of the original DLC for TSW1 is being updated to work with TSW2. When TSW2 is released I'm assuming the compatible dlc will be listed under the new title. Now the PS store generally won't let you purchase dlc for a title you don't own. So are you still going to be able to get the current dlc for TSW1 after it's been updated for version 2? Will it still be listed as available for TSW1?

I suppose it may depend on whether the modified dlc will still be backwards compatible with TSW1 anyway. There's not usually 2 versions of the same dlc available on the store, it would get confusing.

We'll have to see what happens.

10. ARuscoe

They're still DLC

MattP already said in the stream that all TSW1 DLC will be available as TSW2 preserved DLC and if you purchase a TSW1 DLC you will automatically get access to the TSW2 preserved version and vice versa

That's a bit more confused. First they said no more updates to TSW1 content, then they repeated that, then later in the vid they said any updates would only be to the TSW2 versions... Guess we'll wait and see

• Like Like x 1
  11. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Are they though? Technically speaking, virtually all game data is DLC since you need you download everything locally. But DLC also refers to add-on content, so it could go either way. I guess we'll have to wait for confirmation.

12. OnlyMe1909

• Like Like x 1
  13. ARuscoe

Yes, even though they come with TSW in every bundle they've released, they're still addon content rather than integral so they're DLC in my book. Others may vary ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

ARuscoe, I'd agree.

TSW when first released on PC only had Heavy Haul, so therefore everything else has been paid for add-on content to someone starting then. It just depends at which point you jumped into the game as to what you consider anything extra.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Turbojugend

Well, that's good news then. The only thing I'm waiting on now is price. :)

16. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Let me clarify everything for you:
    • All routes will be in the preserved collection.
    • As said in livestream there will not be any discounts on previous DLC.....but they will still be available to purchase.

17. ARuscoe

Additional to this, any preserved route you get for TSW1 you will automatically get for TSW2 and vice versa (confirmed in the stream) so it's not (at the moment) an either or. So you can buy something to run on TSW1 on routes DTG don't yet have updated for TSW2 etc

• Like Like x 1
  18. Turbojugend

That's great news! And BTW, I was referring to the price of TSW2 (assuming full price, or $60US).

19. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Turbojugend TSW2 will cost £25, €30, $30.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Turbojugend

Well, that's a done deal then! Thank you. :)

• Like Like x 1