The Catch Dynamic Weather

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Cal-T, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Cal-T

Cal-T New Member

I would love to see dynamic weather that can change whilst you are out fishing. I remember a golf game I played a while back that mapped the live weather from the course location at the time and simulated it into the game somehow. That would be a great feature.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Yeah, dynamic weather would be really neat. Imagine a hot sunny day, and all of a sudden the wind picks up, dark clouds start rolling over the sky, a boom of thunder strikes from afar, and all of a sudden it flash rains for a good 15 minutes, and the clouds start clearing up again. That's awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  3. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

This would be fantastic if it got implemented. I think random weather generation, even if just visual, would just give it a great extra level of immersion. Now, if they can implement random weather & have it directly affect the type or level of fish activity that would be a Major homerun!

• Like Like x 3
  4. hokken

hokken New Member

Dynamic weather and dynamic time were both implemented in Euro fishing. Apparently it wasn’t possible to get that back into FSW. I also think it’s a must have for a great immersive experience. Changing weather and time of the day are two key parameters for real life anglers and it’s still a mystery to me why Dovetail hasn’t been getting those back in the games since Euro fishing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. D3VILDOG8541

Yeah, it was a confusing move that it was missing in FSW? I'm sure the complexities of modeling that with any kind of realistic accuracy in a game would be a big challenge? I know the weather dynamic ability is there, I've seen it in other games. I think getting fish activity down would be a matter of using the easily available information. The wind, sunrise, moonrise & environmental data is easily available. It is an indispensable tool for any real life angler. How hard is that to program that into a games core environmental controls? I don't know? It's either very challenging to do or too time consuming for devs/game companies to pursue? I haven't seen it successfully implemented in any fishing game yet.

6. D3VILDOG8541

The dynamic weather in Euro fishing really did give it an extra level of immersion. Even though, it was mostly visual, it didn't really impact fish behavior much, if at all. It is definitely something any game that strives to be a sim or just a great fishing game shouldn't be without.

• Like Like x 1
  7. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Even though there’s a dynamic weather button the weather never changes from clear sky’s to rain. I miss the whole day to night cycle, especially the time, another thing which was amazing was the direction of wind this was a banger in euro fishing. At the top of one lake and ending down the bottom because after time the fish felt like they have moved because of the excess bait moving down the lake. And then bringing in fish like no tomorrow. But now it’s embarrassing we don’t have anything like that, all this realistic feels to a game which don’t exist no more.

8. Mark McPhee

Mark McPhee New Member

You would have thought that they would have built on a great game rather than apparently going back to the drawing board and leaving out a lot of the great things about Euro Fishing

9. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Honestly the catch feels like it’s just The Tour without the campaign. I’m still suffering the bad problems from the tour on the catch during multiplayer sessions I feel robbed