Will Tsw2 Release Another Dlc Shortly After Aug 6th?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by james94, Jun 21, 2020.

1. james94

james94 Member

Personally, I am looking forward to TSW2, very excited to let loose with the ICE and on the Bakerloo line. However, I can’t imagine it will be safe for DTG to wait a while before releasing a new DLC (route or loco), the new routes will be really fun but I can see people losing interest quickly if more variety is not added.

I know that there is still the preserved collection but a lot of people will only be getting two new routes since the last route release in March, a period of 5 months between then and August! (PC owners already having sand patch grade) and I would like to see more UK DLC exposed to the new features, especially because we will be quite limited in the Bakerloo line with one loco, short route and half of that underground, but I’m still very excited for it!

If I’m not wrong, DTG announced TSW2020 last year and then announced Peninsula corridor a couple of weeks later so I’m holding out hope that we get variety in the form of more DLC shortly after the release of the new game. This may seem like asking a lot, but I think the game needs to stay as fresh as possible in an attempt to keep the community positive about the game!

• Like Like x 3
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

With 2/3 routes already.........you'll probably have to wait atleast a 2 months.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Maybe there is a secret Deluxe Edition route coming...

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s entirely possible. If I was releasing a new game and had intertwined the announcement of that game with so much bad news also being announced, I would want to hold back something special to announce nearer the actual release to magic away all the bad feeling that I’d generated during the first announcement. If that wasn’t possible, I’d want to release something very soon after the new game to get a second push. Above all though, I would make sure everything I released was top notch high quality, and not rush anything out, to make sure I got rave reviews for the new game from those previously disappointed customers.

• Like Like x 5
  5. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

This is really the key ... if DTG wants to show that they are serious about communicating better, being more upfront, etc., they need to release content that appears to have actually been seriously QA'd and then also commit to a transparent process for patching any bugs that are found post release, including providing status updates, projected patch release dates, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They've already stated that they are still developing core systems and new features so from that I would say that nothing at all has been finished in what they've told us about, let alone things they haven't yet stated will be available on release.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

8. TrainSim_Fan

9. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Personally I hope they concentrate on fixing the bugs and glitches straight after the release of TSW2 rather than start shovelling more dlc's out of the door.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TrainSim_Fan

There NOT fixing any bugs on TSW2020 including the preserved collection. Please stop hoping, it's not happening. Matt (the executive producer) has said there are no big fixes coming. Catch my drift.

11. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

You misunderstood me, I meant the bugs that will appear in TSW2, not TSW2020.

12. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Just to get one thing straight Matt is the (Senior Producer), and there is a possibility that bug fixes are being done right now they do have up to Aug 6 before the collection is considered Preserved.

There are some of us holding out hope that may happen. There is no need for the negativity here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. TrainSim_Fan

Michael Newbury I'm assuming your from the US, in the UK you'll find senior producer and executive producer are the same thing.
    simongilford my apologies.

14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

No I am for Canada and if ever bothered to listen to Matt when he say's that he is The Senior Producer and they are not the same thing they are two different titles with different roles.

Adding defintion closest thing I could find but still relevant:

Senior Producer is a title given usually to the second most senior person of a film of television production. Used mainly in the United Kingdom, a senior producer (who would occasionally replace a Series Producer for television drama or 'soap') would be the most senior member of production personnel underneath an Executive producer. The title is also known as a Supervising producer.

A Senior Producer oversees a particular production paying particular detail to budget, staffing and talent including casting, scripting and the legal and logistic affairs of the production(s).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

O
    only 2 actually, SPG has been out for 3 years

16. TrainSim_Fan

Yeah, I'm saying 3 otherwise a console player isn't going to be very happy. Let me edit it to 2/3. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

We'll know a lot more about upcoming DLC's when DTG reveals their Roadmap. I believe the roadmap was planned to go public 1 week before launch of TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  18. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes

19. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

As long as the (cloudy) crystal ball department is open: will DTG apply the DB BR 204 changes and improvements that RIVET has already provided before deserting TSW? If not, they should be seriously ashamed of themselves!

• Like Like x 1
  20. TrainSim_Fan

[removed by Protagonist - misleading]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  21. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Okay, here's some clear-up.

The update for the 204 will be released - if we have fixes we don't make a habit of keeping them to ourselves. Typically we batch updates together to release in order to minimise the number of downloads people have to make, as there is a minimum size an update can be (this isn't a rule, it's a byproduct of how our updates are packaged). Each update we put out uses the same amount of resource to prep for delivery, regardless of how big or small it is - I believe around a dozen people are involved in the prep and release process. It's therefore a smarter use of time to bundle these together.

All of which is fine, but what you want is the update. Why it's not out yet is not your concern. I have chased those in the know to get an ETA.

Senior Producer is an entirely different role to Executive Producer. We have both. Matt is a senior producer.

Unless there is something misplaced on a route, the team responsible for route-building aren't the same as those who handle the resolution of issues. For example, you lose no bug-fixing time if the people responsible for track-laying are doing that on a new route, unless the previous route has specific issues with the track.

• Like Like x 4
  22. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In case you forgot the db br 204 was not a free locomotive,it cost money so people who bought it should be able to get the fix rivet games has provided to dtg for it,your statement almost makes it sounds like you offened anyone would ask about when your gonna upload the fix provided to you by rivet game over a month or months ago.you can only say it's comning soon so many times before that statement become questionable,this is as far as i can tell the only game of it's kind on consles so it's know wonder people care about it,and want it to be the best but at this point thing it's becoming very worryingsome with the way thing have been unfolding lately.I'm hoping for things to only improve for here on out.The core of the game great it's just little issuse that need to be kepted on top of.thx

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. TrainSim_Fan

The Colonel isn't offended you asked, your allowed to ask. He may rather you dont ask, I dont know. I agree the 204 update should be out. If its doesn't come out with another major update I'm not going to happy, we'll have to wait and see. I think, bundling updates together is fine. But it should be done at a faster rate.

24. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I'm not against putting a bunch of updates togather but if dtg holding out till aug 6 to do it that might not sit well with some of us.Because it might mean we might have to buy tsw2 to get the db br 204 fix.I'm thinking about buying tsw2 but i shouldn't have to wait that long or buy tsw2 to get a tsw2020 content fix.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  25. TrainSim_Fan

I agree. But that's just what I think. It should release in the next week...........I hope.