I Just Bought Another Dlc!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trooper117, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Finally got the East Coast Way today... (sale on, silly not too) :cool:
    I now have all the UK stuff for TSW, and regardless what happens with TSW2, I'll still be playing around with the stuff I have bought for TSW2020... enjoying it so far!

• Like Like x 5
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I now have all tsw2020 dlc

• Like Like x 1
  3. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

You'll like ECW I think... it's one of my favorites. Sounds silly, but I ring the signal bell each time before applying the throttle. It reminds me of the light rail I ride quite a bit... a signal to passengers to "hold on... accelerating!" :D

• Like Like x 8
  4. oscarvirgoe

oscarvirgoe Member

Indeed, I really like all the sounds and buttons in the 377. Especially signal bell (as you said), the DRA button (which is weirdly satisfying), and of course the whistle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I was also thinking about getting something for TSW now that it's currently summer sale on Steam, was thinking on whether I should get NEC (it's full of problems, but this way it's cheaper so may be worth it) or the Tees Valley Line (I don't like british stuff much, but it looks lovely and especially well made/detailed). But at the end I ended up buying Yakuza 0 instead, so...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

NEC is broken AF, but ACS-64 is a serious love to drive. Definitely an interesting route and with 60 % off I think this one is worth it. Just don't go full safety systems, alerter will do and will not break the route :D

7. Dinosbacsi

Well yeah I know it's broken and lacking (short, no LIRR traffic, etc), but I like the New York feels so that's why I thought maybe it could kinda worth it on sale. But dunno, will have to think about it a bit more.

8. andref.maccarini

andref.maccarini Member

I can't comprehend why they're not fixing such an absurd, game breaking bug.

• Like Like x 1
  9. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I picked up ECW today as well. Not touched TSW for quite a while, so it was quite a pleasant surprise how good it looks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Then I'd probably say go for it. Among all the DLCs are not many with such stunning moments as crossing Hell's Gate. This route definitely has something to it. Models and textures in stations are simple, but overall Penn looks like Penn, Secaucus like Secaucus, it is accurate.

11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I wonder how it compares to TS1 South London Network (and all the 750V routes...). I was tempted.... but I am going to wait for the TSW routes to be sold for £8.... if they reach that price before the PS5 comes out....

12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

How luckly are all of you who play on pc to get endless sales while console players have to beg for months just hoping microsoft might put a few tsw2020's dlc on sale.

13. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Good stuff! The 377 is fun to operate, I like the whistle, the signal bell (as you've mentioned) and the horn.

14. Dinosbacsi

Well that's Steam for you.

15. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Certain choices have certain advantages. Buy a PC get more choice, more flexibility, more sales.

Haven't got a console so don't know what the advantages are other than there's three new routes in TSW2 as opposed to two on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Plastic Pal

Advantages of console:

- No need for a password when you switch on
    - No need for Steam, or a Steam log-in
    - No need for a keyboard
    - No need to have the internet switched on
    - No need for MS Windows and Cortana crawling over everything you do
    - The TSW game itself is relatively stable (with PS4)

But most importantly.......

- Any developer that wants to have a Right To Develop must enter into a strict agreement (with Sony) to produce a customer-friendly PlayStation Compatible Product, and to have processes in place to deliver it, including processes for QA before release and fixing bugs/defects that are discovered after release. You also know that the software won't (generally) get "switched off" with a time-bomb.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Don't have any kind of console, always played my games on pc so I don't know any different... sounds like I made the right choice to stay on that road.
    Interesting however to hear other perspectives from the other side (so to speak)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinosbacsi

Sorry but what kind of advantages those are, lol?
    • For example how is not needing a keyboard an advantage? It's much easier to play TSW with one (though it's a matter of preference), and it's not like you have to get one just for TSW. If you have a PC, you have a keyboard. Just like you have a controller if you have a console. And to begin with, you can use controllers on PC and you can use keyboards for console.
    • And not needing Steam or passwords? Steam logs you in automatically so you don't even notice it, and what else do you need password for? For your PC? You know you can turn off password login, right?
    • And oh yes, because having internet on is such a hassle these days. Though I think TSW can run in offline mode, and so can Steam, so your point is?
    • You do know that TSW is more buggy and unstable on consoles than on PC, right? I don't know of any PC-only bugs, but I've heard of several console-only bugs and crashes.
    • And at last, I don't even get what your MS Windows/Cortana point is.
    Are there really no any proper advantages to consoles, so you have to make up non exsistent ones?

19. Plastic Pal

There is no need to apologise for asking for clarification. When you are wearing a PSVR headset, it's difficult to find the keyboard, let alone specific keys (this applies to TS1 as well). I find a gamepad more immersive than a keyboard (including on PC, with TS1 and TSW). Plus it is easier to use a gamepad from the couch/sofa, or when standing up, laying down, etc.

With a PC, I like to keep the accounts protected, as PCs tend to have more information on them than just game save files. My PC account and Steam account are set to ask for a password, for this reason.

TSW is so badly programmed, that it can be an advantage to have the internet off, to prevent TSW being affected by some background tasks. It also speeds up the menu and UI. I have excellent fibre braodband, but not everyone has a good connection, and DTG servers aren't likely to be the most responsive.

No, I don't know that. I have TSW on PS4 and PC, and I can assure you that PS4 is far more stable when it comes to map tile streaming, especially on NTP.... and that is compared to a fairly powerful new PC.

You are right, however, in that the DLCs are not necessarily properly tested on consoles. This has absolutely nothing to do with the consoles.

I have TSW on both console and PC. There are advantages and disadvantages with each platform. The key advantage for console (for TSW only) is price for the hardware - but for me, this is the least important aspect.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  20. Dinosbacsi

Obviously that's not the consoles fault, it's just bad game development. But I just made my point because you said TSW runs better on consoles, but from what I've heard, there are much more crashes and bugs on consoles. Not the consoles fault, but definitely can make the experience worse.

Anyway I think the biggest disadvantage of TSW on consoles (gameplay wise) is the fact that from what I heard, you can't zoom on consoles. So good luck seeing speed signs and distant signals, I suppose? Makes driving without a HUD pretty hard I suppose, kind of a weird decision to not have that function.

21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Trooper117 look at the trouble you’ve caused by buying a new DLC ;)

It’s all kicked off again in the console vs PC debate. Anyway, back on topic...

I found that ECW got boring much sooner than any other UK route, mainly because of the lack of variety. I think it’s a nicely made route and the 377 is nice to drive but I find I don’t get the urge to drive it anymore. I’d like to hear what you think of it in a few weeks time, after you’ve spent some time with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. andref.maccarini

andref.maccarini Member

My biggest problem with it is... *drum roll* route length. Specially the Class 66 scenarios, it's all too damn short.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Plastic Pal

This is one reason why I have held off on ECW (the general moratorium on TSW content has ended, now the Class 47 has been fixed).

I have looked at RRO and HRR, but wondered what more they have to offer beyond RSN and MSB. The disastrous OSD is obviously not plausible as a DLC until it has more than halved in price. So - I could be tempted by ECW..... Maybe.....

But I always come back to the same problem.... TS1..... You can drive the 377 in TS1 straignt outta Brighton and all the way to London Victoria, or London Bridge. Or the 378. Or the 170, 172, 205, 319, 375, 395, 402, 415, 416, 419, 421, 422, 442, 444, 450, 455, 455/8, 456, 460, 465 or 466......... or the Class 09, 33, 59 or 73 (or other visitors like the Class 08, 20, 31, 37, 47, 66, 67, etc.....).

As Chris Eubank used to say.... the variety adds a little bit of spice to it all. Dozens of packets of spice..... ;-)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

Don't do it! Even as a "newbie" I've purchased quite a few of the DLC offerings. Even on sale, NEC is terribly bad. Really bad. Plain awful. Nothing to recommend at all. I'd go for Tees Valley... and even though I'm a Yankee, I find myself drawn to "the British stuff" like iron filings to a magnet. Look, we all know that American rail for passengers was killed in the 50's by GM, Firestone, and Standard Oil. Light rail had a even worse go of it. Maybe I'm being a bit romantic about it, but British rail kept on post war. I just tried a route on the Northern Trans-Pennine line last night; that may end up being a favorite on TSW. The Class 101 is so much fun.

So... no. Don't waste even a penny on NEC. It's really horrible. Just don't do it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I've bought the class 52 and 33 DLC's for the WSR to complete the UK DLC collection. I can't complain for the price, they are decent models, it's just a shame you can only drive them on WSR and can't really stretch their legs.