South Western Railways: London Waterloo - Reading

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by dylan.prestage, Dec 20, 2019.

1. dylan.prestage

dylan.prestage New Member

EE5F465B-A941-40CC-BDF6-C61E19F75FB1.png I absolutely loved the Portsmouth Direct Line (London Waterloo-Portsmouth) and the Southampton to Bournemouth routes on the SWR, but I feel like the route from Waterloo to Reading would make the SWR experience even better. It is a shorter route than the Waterloo to Portsmouth Line but I believe it still has enough to make it quite interesting. Instead of the Class 444’s and 455/8’s, with this route we could introduce the Class 458 and Class 707 alongside the 450’s OR just use the new SWR Class 701 (also alongside the 450) thats currently in production for the South Western Railway lines. I hope that it would be possible to use the newer SWR Logo as well for all rolling stock, that would keep the route up to date.

It would be a dream of mine to have this come to fruition, as I’ve always been a big fan of Modern British Rail. There’s plenty of possible routes that I’d also want to see but this one as of now is at the top of my list

• Like Like x 3
  2. tsted.designs

tsted.designs Member

This is a good idea, although I feel this may have more potential if it covered all of South Western Railway's suburban network. If this route did come to fruition, probably likely it will be South West Trains era. I feel we definitely need a Class 458 as it has never been in Train Simulator.

3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for a suburban route for the class 455 EMU and class 458 Juniper and class 707

4. budtheweiser

this route has to be set in southwest trains days and the trains have to have the SWT branding

5. budtheweiser

Great Idea for the line to be on the game and it will be a money maker for dovetail games

6. budtheweiser

Great idea for this route to come in to Train simulator 2021 as another route in the south of england