Euro Fishing Float Fishing Improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG_Stephen, Oct 11, 2017.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hey all,

We are looking for your feedback again, this time on the float fishing and its mechanics.

What do you dislike about the float fishing and what features do you feel should be added to improve the experience as a whole?

• Like Like x 1
  2. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

I like the float fishinhg in general, it would be nice to be able to change depths and shot patterns( bit advanced I admit). Also direction of strike should be more of a factor rather than timing.

3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Depth definitely important - As currently all the waters are lakes, float type maybe is not so important at the moment but a few options would be a nice add. Aesthetics I know but maybe different colour tips for different light conditions, water types and even if possible choosing the "correct" float for the conditions has a better bearing on success. One issue which is annoying is tightening up slack line when float fishing, it is almost impossible to do so without actually pulling the float in a yard or so. Visually it is also hard to work out how much slack line you have, countless times I have hit a bite only to find the strike has failed due to the vast movement of the float since the initial cast. That being the case, float movement maybe shouldn't be so extreme ( A bit like the bait drift when ledgering). If rivers were ever introduced (I hope so) then having the ability to trott a stick float across swims would be great but I am slightly digressing.

4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I don't like floating because :

1. The strike mechanic is way to inconsistent. You will strike at the same time every time ( when you should according to tutorial info ) and you will get a whole variety of results like: Nothing happens at all no strike , too soon , too late , perfect strike , bad strike. Yet all of them was executed at the same timing of the bite. If you try and adjust by striking a little later or a little sooner then you still get varied results. It leads to more frustration than anything else.
    2. The time to strike should be increased. The time you have to strike is way too short making timing it right way too difficult. Increasing the time you have to strike before the fish spits the bait would also lead to greatly reduce point 1's issues.
    3. Heavy line slack. No matter how low one go on line strength , the line still seems to heavy for floating. It causes loads of slack and you have to constantly do a little bit of reel-in to keep your line tension straight and the slack out of it. If you don't take the slack out then you simply can't get a strike. As floating is mostly close quarters margin stuff this causes the constant irritation of the lure being reeled in bit by bit until it is to close and constant recasting is a result.
    4. The strike action itself. Guys both the stick jerk on console and ripping mouse of the desk on pc way is just plain and simply not working. The strike action itself should be made a single button push. That would be so more simpler , easier and more fun. It will also go a great distance in improving points 1 and 2 issues as a single button push would make timing so much easier. Implement a single button push. Or for people who want to keep it as is , then do what you did with the casting mechanic. Add a "basic" option that strikes with a single button push and a "full control" option that strike with the stick or mouse. Options guys , options for the player goes a long way to create a fun experience as the player prefers to play the way he/she wants.
    5. After fixing the mechanics so that it's actually more playable and more fun , then add some intensive for using the float more often. Example add a species that only bites on a certain bait and make that bait that it only can be used on a float. Or add a lake where only float may be used and only floats can be equipped. Things like that. But make sure that the float's mechanics is sorted out first and that using the float is actually fun to do.

First 4 are the main reasons why I never do floating in this game , as it's simply way too frustrating as it is.
    Floating can be tons of fun , but the mechanics must be fun and not frustrating and there must be enough incentive to use it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Think the strike is good. . . depth adjust would be good. . . ability to tighten line without shifting float n line remaining tight would aid the strike. . . ability to target specific species related to bait hook n depth presentation. . . . float only matches once its fixed. . .ability to use double/treble maggot, pinkie etc, relating to hook size. . . groundbait ? hemp ? catapult ? . . . no more drifting floats !!

6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I think generally across all type of fishing, having a choice of wait groundbait/loose feed you through in would be a massive stop forward. Agree with CH40S23 that being able to use a controlled bait in method to induce bites and fish behaviour when float fishing, especially silver fish and species you would normally catch on float (i.e not carp all the time) would add realism to the tactic and make it more rewarding.

7. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

Float fishing

Manually adjusting the depth is a must. Different coloured tips. Having a bubble float for surface fishing with a cinematic of a fish when taking the bait. We need more time to respond to a take, especially when the float rod is on the rod rest.better line control.Micro adjustment of the positioning of float/lead

8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you for all of the really useful feedback on this thread folks. It has all been passed on to the development team.

9. spottymarshal

spottymarshal New Member

I love the float fishing but agree with everyone so far in that the depth adjustments need sorting out. Also when you do short casts I find that I have to look at a completely different angle to get my cast to where I want as otherwise it doesn't cast very far indeed.

10. RyanH

RyanH New Member

1. Different ways the float can go under, from little dink bited to full on sail aways, one of the best sights in fishing is to be margin fishing and seeing the float dissapear infront of your eyes
    2. The float in the bubble could look much better, maybe make it look like the float it is representing.
    3. Striking is needed to be vastly improved, along with the tightness of the line like others have stated.
    4. Pole fishing is Huge in europe, especially england and ot would be amazing to be able to bring a more course/match section to the table, seeing the elastic stream out of a pole would look fantastic. Obviously this could be dlc that im sure alot would enjoy

11. Cryo Darkness

Cryo Darkness Member

just make it so it doesn't sink under the lines weight please :)

12. Efcgaz83

Efcgaz83 New Member

I know this might sound impossible, but would you not be able to try incorporate pole fishing? More like match fishing events. Even the gaming world has been brain washed by carp fishing

13. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Be nice not to catch a carp or any other fish on any hook should fix known faults and bugs before implementing a new way to float fishing if u want to make the game as a whole great again

14. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Float fishing still sucks because in real life fish knock the float... And I always used to put the rod down in this game you can't.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnglersDream

AnglersDream New Member

How cool would pole fishing be too , esp on tournaments