PlayStation Heavy Freights On Ps4: Wishlist

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Jun 27, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi
    First of all, I would like to thanks Dovetail team for allow us - PS4's TSW community - to get the chance we finally can drive heavy freights on the new TSW2! Really appreciate it!
    It is something I wanted, but also lot of other fans have already asked for too.

So here I will like to make my wishlist of locomotives and routes to be available in the near future too:

Locomotives: (Of course apart from the AC4400CW)

- Progress Rail SD70ACE-T4
    We already have a heavy locomotive from GE.
    New one could be the last model from the other locomotive company, Progress Rail (Ex EMD).
    These brand new locomotive, is used by the 2 freight companies TSW is working on. CSX and UP!
    So it will be an ideal one. Even it is no so popular yet, but I like it.

CSX SD70ACE T4.jpg
    UP SD70ACE T4.jpg

- GE ES44AC (With regular trucks, so we can have it on UP and other railroads too!)
    This is one of the most common locomotives on North American railroads.
    CSX GE ES44AC.jpg
    UP GE ES44AC.jpg

And... why not this very important railroad company, too?!
    BNSF GE ES44AC.jpg

Finally the EMD SD70ACE.
    This locomotive is used by several railroads, and even it have lot of special liveries.

As to heavy freight routes... the next one might be of UP!
    Despite DT mentioned it is not possible to make longer routes. What about if we have at least 100 km - they now have of 70 km - but they could reach that distance may be using a route with less objects in order to no have big software problems. For example with a route on the desert, like the ones UP have on California, Arizona, Texas, etc. Just small bushes, very few houses and vehicles, and no big buildings.
    I believe the important part of the this kind of heavy freight driving experience and is the train itself, not the scenery.
    If this can not be possible either, a beautiful scenic UP route area - not so long -it could be Feather River route! It have lot of curves and speed restrictions, etc

Apart from the new locomotives, new freight wagons will be nice be added too.
    Other models of tanks, boxcars, hoppers, etc. different from the already available ones.
    Furthermore other types will be welcome too. Like gondola, coil, piggy backs and others flat cars.

Of course this could be available later on different DLC packages. Heavy freight cars, and Locomotives ones.

What do you think?
    Make your comments and mention your wishlist too.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

god we need this

3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I agree, I would definitely like to see other US freight lines added to TSW 2 at some point, as well as other big-iron locos and rolling stock for any freight routes. Nice post, thanks for putting all of this info together!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  4. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Very nice proposal. Sand Patch Grade is good new beginning for PS4 players. But mainline freight action is typical for American railroads. So you have absolutely right with your proposal for more heavy freight trains and routes. I'd like to see Norfolk Southern, CP and CN as train operators too.

Can't wait for more mainline diesels with their impressive bulldog-design. What is very useful for maintenance.

5. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Good suggestion. Wrong forums.

6. grdaniel48

Thank you guys for your comments about this thread!.
    Yes of course I agree with your comments, and would like to have other routes of other railroads as you mentioned.
    But as DT has informed, they need to have agreements with the companies, and they support, in order to check routes and locomotives + rolling stock, in order to create it in detail.
    So this time I only proposed locomotives for the 2 companies they work with. UP and CSX.
    Regarding routes we will have Sand Patch, so and UP one is what I am asking for.
    Could be other options of course. There are lot of very interesting UP Subdivisions to run trough
    The important thing is, the route be interesting for us, as the locomotive engineer of the train!.
    Of course, CN ones, as they are also working with DT, will be welcome too!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stockton Rails

grdaniel48- TrainSim_Fan is right, this entire thread should probably be moved over intact to the ‘Suggestions’ section... see if you can work with DTG Protagonist (Sam) to make this happen. This is a good suggestion you came up with... it will get the attention it deserves once it’s been moved over to Suggestions. If you need anything else from me, let me know.

8. grdaniel48

Trainsim Fan... Thank for your comment.
    But could you be so kind to tell me which will be the right forum for my Thread?
    I guess, you could be probably referring, to make it on the general discussion forum, instead?
    Not specific for the PS.

9. grdaniel48

Thank you Stockton for your comment and suggestion!.
    We both were writing at the same time!
    I will check with DTG Protagonist (Sam).
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stockton Rails

...no problem, glad to help. Really hope some of your suggestions get implemented at some point... I would sure like to see that happen, I’m sure a lot other folks around here would too.

11. grdaniel48

Thank you Stockton!
    I have already contacted DTG Protagonist, hope he could help us to fix it

I wrote to him on the Members area of the forum, where you can post a comment.
    Is this the right way to communicate with them?

As I am relative new member, I used to go directly to the PS one, and did not noticed the specific Suggestion section, with the design change. Sorry about it!
    Thank you for the comments about this tread!
    Nice you liked it.
    My idea is to make positive and possible suggestions for DT developers.
    I would like to have lot of routes and locomotives right now, but we know this is not possible.
    Then I tried to suggest things they could possibly do.
    Regards

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  12. TrainSim_Fan

grdaniel48 put it on the TSW suggestions forums.;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. grdaniel48

Thank you for your suggestion Train Sim Fan.
    I have already written on Friday to DTG Protagonist in order to change this to that forum.
    No reply yet. I will wait until Monday.
    Then I will create a similar thread there.

By the way do you know if its possible the HUD not be displayed on PS4?
    I checked the options but I could not find it.
    Regards

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  14. TrainSim_Fan

No, its not possible to turn the HuD off on consoles, this also wont be a feature on TSW2. For reason they cant put in the options menu, not sure, it's a little damning.

15. Stockton Rails

...correction- you can actually turn off all of the on-screen hud clutter if you connect a bluetooth keyboard (with std PC function keys on it) to your PS4. I picked up a Jelly Comb ultra-thin foldable bluetooth keyboard a few weeks back for my PS4, and it works like a charm- I just hit the F1 key to toggle the entire HUD display on or off. Highly recommended... pretty affordable too.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. cookiemonster1983

cookiemonster1983 Member

Some nice pictures there!
    I know it's probably a pipe dream but I would love to see the DDA40X on Sherman Hill in TSW2...

• Like Like x 1
  17. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that unique and impressive loco with it's 8 axels and two V16 primemovers with 6600 hp.

Very interesting is the space between that primemovers where you can look through the locomotives upper body.

18. grdaniel48

Hi guys!
    I have already created a similar thread on the Suggestion forum, as suggested
    I added the SD70ACE pictures there, and make some few extra comments.
    Name is: TSW 2: Wishlist for North American Heavy Freights

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2