Will We See A Sale On Xbox Soon?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james94, Jun 25, 2020.

1. james94

james94 Member

I was quite frustrated the other day when I heard about the PlayStation sale with quite a few things on sale that I would have purchased had they been on the Xbox. I know Steam have recently had one as well, should we expect a sale on Xbox soon? Especially with TSW2 on the way? I know it’s up to Xbox when they do this but surely DTG can push it a bit from their side?

2. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately microsoft isn't very consistent with sales on tsw2020 dlc,now they do have them but there rarer then winning big in Las Vegas(Nevada)(USA)In case your not familiar with this location in the world.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sVig

sVig Member

Unlikely. This is the second time in less than two months there's been a sale which hasn't also made its way over to the Xbox store. Yet again Tees Valley Line is £11.24 on PSN but it won't drop to that price on Xbox.

And I don't believe it's all down to Microsoft either. Dovetail have a hand in it. I reckon it's because TSW 2020 is included in Gamepass. If you've got Gamepass then you probably won't buy the game yourself which means lost sales for Dovetail even though they obviously get a cut from it being on Gamepass.

Wouldn't surprise me if the thinking is "the main game is free on Gamepass so we don't care if the add-ons go on sale or not".

I could be right, I could be wrong, who knows. I know I'm not sending any more money towards this game though for these overpriced add-ons. Especially as a lot of them are still buggy, and certainly not fully functioning cabins like it says.

4. matthewhedley

matthewhedley New Member

I really hope they have one because I need to buy Rapid Transit for TSW2 since I got a physical copy of the Game and it won’t be on my preserved Collection

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit is in the upgrade package for £10/€$12.49, which also includes Northeast Corridor. If you buy these routes separately, it will cost £24.99/€$29.99 each on the Microsoft Store.

What would be great is to have a complete edition bundle with a good discount or maybe a North America, Germany, UK edition bundles now that the game is not getting any more content. I hope we see permanent price reductions or at least putting some older content on sale (some hasn't been on sale in ages on Xbox).

Also why is there no Game Pass discount on some of the DLC? I thought it was a policy to have a 10% discount on add-ons. Only some have the discount applied.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  6. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I've noticed there's a sale for TSW every 4 months or so. I'm anticipating a sale probably mid July, but I'm just speculating. I wouldn't mind more locomotives and routes. ;)
    When there's a TSW sale, you'd best stock up big time. That's what I did, so I wouldn't have to wait so long.

7. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

Itv
    it will dont panic, but everything you can currently play on will be usable on tsw 2 regardless of its a phiscal or digital copy, the though I highly suggest getting the digital version of tsw 2

8. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Microsoft spring a sale without telling everybody. Noticed last month there was a few items, I already had reduced and never received a notification even though I signed up with Microsoft for them. Keep checking their site frequently as I do.

9. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I can currently buy TSW2020 AND Tees Valley on PS4 /Steam cheaper than it'd be to just buy Tees Valley on XBox. I know there was a bit of a sale a couple of months ago because I remember getting East Coastway for the fantastic knockdown price of £17.50 instead of £25, so even when they do roll a discount out on XBox it never seems to be as generous as it is on the other platforms. I only paid £16 for the Deluxe edition in the first place.

10. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I have put a request on the Xbox reddit for a sale

11. SHINO BAZ

Goodluck with that,i'm sure MS will jump on your request quickly.

12. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Well. With my pas experience they do. I got us the last one

13. SHINO BAZ

Why didn't you remind some of us who didn't know you where related to bill gates.We could use these sales more then once every 4 months or so.Just look at steam the person over there must be a great family member tsw dlcs are almost alway on sale there.

14. SHINO BAZ

Well well july it only has less then 10 days togo and still DTG and or MS still hasn't put any TSW dlc on sale as some though they might but there have been quite a few game publisher games and dlc content sales this month,so maybe there still a chance.You would think dtg would want to get people who don't have all the dlc to buy the rest of it,because that would be a good way to help premote tsw2,and is helpfull for tsw2 future.

Btw:Reading other peoples comments about wether dove tails games or microsoft are the ones who have to approve any tsw dlc sales,clearly shows knowone really know for sure.Unless you work for one of them i'de say your just guessing.with your odds being 50/50 of being right.

15. SHINO BAZ

It was suggested we might get some kind of tsw dlc sale in july,but july about over and it's not looking good.

16. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

DTG treats PC and consoles equally. Just some are treated more equally than others.

17. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

On Xbox, there is a Simulator Sale soon. I see Train Sim World 2020: Collector's Edition in the list (contains Peninsula Corridor, Ruhr-Sieg Nord and the usual TSW 2020 routes). Prices not yet updated. It will last until August 3rd. Can't see any DLC items in the list for any game.

Edit: It's 40% off.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  18. SHINO BAZ

Well this might lead to something,maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Maybe but that'll probably be for another week or in a big summer sale. What routes/trains are you looking out for? I think this Collector's Edition will be ideal for me as I only have a Game Pass entitlement (which will eventually go).

20. SHINO BAZ

I have this in digital version form plus on disc but what i want is a sale on individual tsw dlc,i only interested in a few routes and loco addons currently.

• Like Like x 1
  21. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Sounds good! :) where did you get the information from? Just curious... :cool:

22. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It was in the deals section on the store (on console). Saw a button for Simulator Sale.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Found it as well now. Unfortunately only the base game and no DLCs are mentioned there. So the wait goes on...

24. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Well, Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Peninsula Corridor cost more to buy separately than this bundle. Those aren't in the standard edition or on Game Pass. Last time those routes were on sale it was only slightly cheaper than this bundle.

There's always a chance things will be cheaper next time, though but who knows if another sale will be coming soon. My aim is to get everything eventually.