Question About Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HuggernautNL, Jun 23, 2020.

1. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

So I was wondering, since CSX:HH has been 'ported' from TSW to TSW2, I assume it is possible to upgrade and rework the old DLC content to the new engine.

Ofcourse I understand that this is a lot of work but I would like to know:

Are there any plans to eventually port and re-release old TSW DLC for TSW2 and what would that mean for owners of preserved content?

And a second question: will route-extensions finally be possible for TSW2 and are there any plans on doing so in the future?

=Edit for spelling=

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Of course it is possible to upgrade old routes to TSW2, but so far there are no signs of plans to do it. I think if it ever happens, it would only be sensible to do it if they upgrade and extend the routes at the same time, because otherwise noone is going to bother buying the same routes again.

I think route extensions were always possible, they just didn't do it. I mean even if you can't edit already released routes, they are the developers, so they still have the original route files, so they can edit and extend them if they want to. It would be a really great call for certain routes, for example NEC, as currently NEC is entirelly pointless and I think it's safe to say it's the worst route for TSW, even though it would have potential if it was longer and better made.

Of course it would require some thinking on how to do it, because then you would need to have the original and an extended one for those who bought it, but it's nothing impossible. But to answer your question, no, they never mentioned any plans for route extensions so far.

• Like Like x 2
  3. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

You mean extension like that ? NEC with LIRR ?
    [​IMG]

RSN with RRO ?
    [​IMG]

Yeah they were always possible to do it, just DTG dont do it (keep saying that its impossible and you cant drive over that part so yeah i took a movie how im driving over that part which very surprised them :D ) Than another excuse came with timetables (that they will have to create more version of the timetables - one for the whole route, one for the basic part and one for the extended part).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinosbacsi

Oh so you're the madman who did this. Can you maybe link any videos of these? It would be really interesting to see (I'm especially interested in the NEC/LIRR one).

• Like Like x 1
  5. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

None at the present time.

Given time and resources, pretty much everything is possible but there are limits to what can be done with the time and resources we have available.

7. Dinosbacsi

Understandable, but one would think it would be relatively easy to simply patch two routes together, compared to making a new one from scratch. I mean here we have proof that a modder without any inside knowledge could do it, and it works.

I suppose it would need a new timetable and maybe some fixing up at places (if things don't match up exactly), etc, but wouldn't like 80% of the work be done already? Sounds like missed opportunity to not think about these, as route extensions could really improve replayability and the overall experience. If NEC was longer it would offer much more, same for the german routes or the GWE. Also LIRR could benefit a lot from the NEC rolling stock rolling around at New York Penn station and the yard.

As for NEC and LIRR, I wonder if the timetables could also be simply merged somehow? I mean the only place where the trains meet are at New York Penn, wonder if the in-game dispatcher could handle it. Obviously it would be more difficult for other routes that really are extensions of each other, as services that prevously simply left the map via a portal now need to be redone, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thank you anyway.

9. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

you mean a lack of inhouse talent dont you.

10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

YES

11. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

Come on guys, this is just rude and unnecessary.

12. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

Agreed. When I read things like that my first reaction is to chuckle. A friend of mine often says, "He'd get no exercise at all if it wasn't for jumping to conclusions." ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. traincloud

traincloud Member

Hi everyone. I have a specific problem. I understand that routes will be preserved in the new game but I will be playing on a new PC with a new Steam account away from home after August. Is it possible to buy TSW2 on my new Steam acc. and have my routes from the old acc. register with the new one?

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

These would be AWESOME. I seriously want RSN and RRO to be merged - with more routes added.

15. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

What do you mean "a new Steam account?" Not sure I understand...

Here's a support article about setting up Steam on a new PC: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dinosbacsi

If you make a new Steam account, then probably no. But why are you making a new Steam account?

17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Ownership of add-ons is tied to an account. Whichever account has the add-ons in TSW will have access to them in TSW2. If the owner creates a fresh account the add-ons will not be available on that account - only on the original.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Steam Family Share might solve your problem. Also keep in mind that you can use your account in more than one computer.

19. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes isee