PlayStation Saved Data Broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by docsnyder1911, Jun 21, 2020.

1. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Since yesterday I get following message if I start the game:

"Saved data can not be loaded, because they are defect."

So I can not load my profile and the game gives me the chance for creating a new profile only.

Does that mean I will lose all my profile data, if I create a new one.

Thank you for your help in advance.

2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...have you ever saved copies of the ‘application saved data’ for TSW (which would incl your game profile, any saved games and assorted other files) to a local usb stick or to the PS Plus cloud? If so, and they’re very recent backups, you should be able to restore these and pick up where you left off. But if you have no such backups of this TSW data anywhere, you might have no choice but to start over unfortunately.

This issue has come up before here... I’d search the forums to see what some of the other threads say about this. I would also think about backing up these files periodically to a local usb stick on your PS4 or to the PS Plus cloud (if you have an acct) to guard against these issues in the future. Good luck!

P.S. Sorry you’re running into this issue... I was hit by this too, except I only lost my saved game for Oakville Sub and not my game profile. Right after this I started backing up these files periodically.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. docsnyder1911

Thank you for your reply. I didn't made backups, because a I hadn't broken game saves before. On the other side I think it is not so problematic, because I can play the game further. It would be different if I needed the game saves for unlocking of game stuff like locos and rolling stock. But TSW is like a good old simulator where you have access to all the stuff from the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stockton Rails

(...belated reply here, sorry.)

Glad to hear that your lost TSW profile data is not a deal-breaker for you. I‘ve never had an issue with anything that extreme in the game so far- only an issue once with a corrupted saved-game for the Hamilton Explorer scenario in Oakville Sub. I had done a lot of work building up my first functional DPU unit train using this scenario, and had restored this saved-game many times in order to do more work... then one day when trying to restore it again, TSW said it was now a corrupted save and couldn't load it. I had to do all of the work I had already done in the scenario over again... didn’t really appreciate that very much, and suspect this is related to some bug with TSW and file mgmt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. docsnyder1911

I know what you mean. Yesterday I built a freight train at Hamilton West in a service. I need around one hour till I assembled the 66 cars for the train. After that I drove it with two GP38-2 to Oakville. Without saving you need an additional hour always.

6. Stockton Rails

I thought I was one of the few folks around here that uses TSW to build trains and run them... what type of trains have you put together so far? I built a 2x2 DPU (helper-unit) oil train first in Hamilton Explorer (incl buffer cars in expected locations)... that was a lot of fun to get up and running.

Tell me more about your train builds when you have time... if you have pics, would like to see those too!

7. docsnyder1911

I took the service where you normally have to move the 2 GP38-2's to the 15 tankers and couple to that. Normally you have to drive this train from Hamilton West to Oakville than. But I moved the tankers so far to the east till the red signal stops you. Than I added a 18 cars manifest and another 24 cars manifest. At least I added 9 grain cars to the top of the train. The train was around 0.8 miles or 1,3 km long.