Vote For Longer Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by railway12, Jun 29, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

90.5%
  2. No

9.5%
  1. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Hello, I've been thinking how to persuade DTG making longer routes for TSW, and I think a poll is a good way of gathering opinions. So if you want >LONGER ROUTES then PLEASE VOTE and help convincing DTG<, maybe they'll jump over their shadow one day. You can also argue whether it's good or bad doing longer routes. Or you can write the route length DTG should be doing, but keep it realistic. I want the majority of routes being around 50-65 miles, that should be doable, I would also pay more for longer routes but the current system is not good at all. It just is sad having nearly perfect graphics with an only 30 mile route. Opinions?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I believe we definitely need longer routes in tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I want to point out, this really isn't going to persuade DTG into making longer routes. They know the entire community wants longer routes.......has it changed........no.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mintycal

mintycal Member

And new longer routes going from the the north of England going in to Scotland and Wales

5. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Hmm

That may be true

• Like Like x 1
  6. railway12

Ehm, got a better idea? I guess no so it's worth a try rather then doing nothing. Besides your view is a bit pessimistic while I try seeing the things from another perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TrainSim_Fan

I do have an idea, also put this on the discord to get me peoples attention. DTG are more active on discord, so that's your best bet.

8. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

High speed routes would give better immersion if made a lot longer , An example would be GWE. Currently it's between London and Reading, that's only 36 miles but I can drive it in an HST in half an hour then I'm board, If the route and been built as far as Swindon that's 77 miles then it would take an hour to dive a full service on it.
    I know that with building longer routes would be more expensive but I would be happy to pay a bit extra for a longer route,

• Like Like x 4
  9. tallboy7648

I wouldn't mind but it wouldn't sell because people would complain how expensive it is

10. Kim1087

Steam Sounds Supreme are selling a route on their website for £30 for TS2020, Just Trains have 5 routes for sale with a £30 price tag so it proves that people are willing to pay extra for something they want.

11. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I agree that we should have some longer routes, however, I disagree that every route in TSW should be around 50-65 miles. For example, a subway/metro/underground route (for example the Bakerloo line) will be very fun and much shorter than current routes.

Also, how do you add a poll?

12. railway12

First of all you need to define "some" cause DTG might missunderstand that word. It's true not every route is that long, but if I'm not mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong, DTG chose the Bakerloo, the 2nd shortest line in the underground ... unless there's a masterplan behind this. Anyway not all routes should be made that long was probably a bit hasty on that, but especially high speed lines or main line lines should be longer. Or areas where it does make sence, like 40 miles you've got nearly everything cut out from eachother but with 60 miles connects the different parts. For example when talking about freight sidings, branch lines and main line in one route.
    So I'd would like seeing a majority of 60% in that lenght.
    And you easily can add a poll when creating a thred and there should be a menu under attach files. So between post and the acknowledge button. But it only appers when getting a certain rank.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. TrainSim_Fan

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen when creating a thread. It should come up with 'create a thread'. Simply use what you see here.

14. Kim1087

The post isn't about DTG make every rout a long route just that it should consider making some longer routes as well as short routes

15. TrainSim_Fan

That's what they said. Your point???

16. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I agree with you with your definition of 'some' as 60%.
    Thanks for the information about creating a poll. I did not realise that I had to be a certain rank.

According to the first post on this thread, it is about making every route a long route as it says 'I want EVERY route in TSW to be around 50-65 miles'. That was why I said 'I disagree that every route in TSW should be around 50-65 miles'.

17. railway12

Ehm how about reading? :)

18. TrainSim_Fan

Read the post above yours.

19. tallboy7648

I wouldn't mind but it wouldn't sell because it w
    Also, they lied saying that the Bakerloo Line was the most requested by a huge number of players before it was announced which is completely false. A huge number of players requested the Circle Victoria and Northern Line in the fourms. Actually the Circle was the most requested out of all of them so why would dtg lie about that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. railway12

Interesting didn't know that. But I've got an idea why DTG could have chosen this line. There was already a Bakerloo Line in development by MikeSimulations called the Virtuall Bakerloo Line. And now Mike quit developing it further. The trains looked fantastic like DTGs very impressiv, though he could have worked a bit more on the scenery. Nethertheless I think that's the reason, this would also fit from the developing time so ...

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

The virtual Bakerloo Line had promise, it's a shame he ended the project. I don't think he should've because all that had work just to not finish

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The routes are long enough for me. It may be nice to have route extensions as separate DLC.I would prefer to have more branch lines and working sidings, train facilities etc.

• Like Like x 1
  23. railway12

If the route lenght is a bit longer then you can add more branch lines and cargo sidings for example in GWE, and especially in TVL there are hundreds of sidings and depots that could easily have been included if the lenght was extended. So it helps connecting a main line with a few branch lines and cargo sidings, that would fit much better in my opinion because you could also simulate train connections like from an HST to a local Pacer, Sprinter or Turbostar running along the branch line. But I agree more branch lines would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Metro north grand central station to Wassaic.

25. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

For TVL just opening inaccessible branches would help (Of course with a scenario planner that supports shunting).

26. TrainSim_Fan

The scenario planner (quick drive), doesn't support shunting, because you cant change points, or decide which track you want to take. It's simply point to point driving.

27. railway12

That's right it doesn't support shunting as in coupling and uncoupling coaches and waggons, already mentioned. BUT it does support A to B so I want to go to track Z and am on a dead siding called track X going towards track Y and then change cab switch lever and drive to track Z. So technically it does work. Nethertheless it has not further been disgusted by DTG and they are still developing this so there's work in progress.

28. tallboy7648

Great western express is a route that dtg should've added all the branch lines to greenford, Henley On Thames etc. I don't get why they didn't

• Like Like x 1
  29. railway12

Yes they should have. I mean not all but at least 1 or 2 branch lines would have been nice as they are not long. But some time ago it was leaked that DTG were making liveries for GWE and also with some branch lines, got this from an unofficial forum, but it has been delated. And now with TSW2 around the corner we won't be getting those. Although they were clearly working on some liveries. So I guess they dropped it?

30. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

It was like it was "forgotten" of all the DLC's they added to, that one never changed. Like I have said elsewhere. It would have been a good "Scenario" of this train is x minutes late arriving at Reading, you need to make up as much time as possible for the connections...

I am very much surprized that the Heathrow Express or even the slower heathrow train wasn't added to GWE as part of the Paddington experience!

railway12 Delated? Delayed or Deleted?

31. railway12

Yes I also agree there was only the main route which was made ok. But almost every over route got a DLC and GWE has not seen that, neither a 180 nor a few branch lines so yep it's pretty forgotten. Though the UE update could have positive aspects when running an HST, could also be updated afterwards?, DTG said they'll announce plans for previous routes but I don't know what to expect. Also the other train operating companies were not included due to non existent licenses. And the above what I said is not confirmed in any way, but the leak posted showed that they were clearly working on FGW liveries.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

I would love to see content for gwe. It is the most neglected route in tsw. When it came out people were calling for extensions or some add ons and nothing. But all the other DLCs had new add ons which is odd. I do hope we get potential new add-ons for great western express

• Like Like x 1
  33. BAZ

BAZ Member

Would be nice to see Peninsula Corridor get extended up to Gilroy. You could do a lot more jobs with UP and part of the line from San Jose to Gilroy is single track.

• Like Like x 2
  34. TrainSim_Fan

No routes from TSW2020 are being extended, including preserved collection.

35. BAZ

BAZ Member

Yeah, it’s really sad to see. I just hope they make another route like Peninsula Corridor that has some branch lines to it.

36. TrainSim_Fan

Well some routes similar to Penisula Corridor :
    • UK - The Wherry Lines, around 60 miles from 3 branches (google pictures and more info, if you wish).
    • US - Trenton to Wilmington including some of the branch to Harrisburg.
    • Germany - One of the Berlin S-Bahn lines.

• Like Like x 2
  37. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The Cornish line...~70 miles from Pz to Ply with 5 branch lines. Easy!

• Like Like x 3
  38. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Votes aren't likely to count for much in the absence of an election, alas.

• Like Like x 2
  39. railway12

Well it's better then doing nothing, but I get your point. Maybe DTG Protagonist could make an official election?, that would be great.

40. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

"Would you like longer routes?" could very well be filed right next to "would you like free stuff?" in the foregone conclusion department.

That players would like longer routes is entirely obvious, well known and something we are very well aware of. It's something we'll discuss in more depth in the Koln - Aachen Q&A.

• Like Like x 4
  41. railway12

I think everyone can understand that free content is not possible, it's weird taking those two requests in one sentence, as the other one can easily be done when putting in enough effort. I'll assume that the devs are willing to spend their effort but don't have time to achieve that. Btw it is Köln or Cologne and not Koln. Nethertheless I'm looking forward to the Q&A.

42. tallboy7648

How come we couldn't get the full 110 mile route for the new german route because since it's a HIGH SPEED ROUTE it'll be done pretty quickly for a high speed route. This should have been the full line or at least 80 miles because 40 for a high speed train is just too short

• Like Like x 2