The Catch The Catch: Carp & Coarse Out Now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG_Stephen, Jun 30, 2020.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Your Fishing Adventure Starts Here!

Prepare your rod and get ready to cast off as The Catch: Carp & Coarse is out now.

The hunt is on and with 35 species of fish to find, you’ll have to use strategy, skill and tactics to catch the 125 different boss fish found across The Catch: Carp & Coarse’s five venues. Among these are 11 legendary ‘monster’ boss fish - the most elusive, hardest fighting fish in the game.    

 Use finesse mode to focus on your float and look for that all important bite. Don’t wait too long, as the advanced water flow may drift your float – or you and your boat - away from that prime spot. Hook that big fish and intensity mode will test your nerve further, your heart beating harder and faster as the fish tries to escape. Do you have what it takes to land a monster?  

www.thecatchgame.com

• Like Like x 1
  2. nuter41

nuter41 Member

But it’s the same as fishing sim world.
    So there’s been very little promo work done for this game and the most worrying thing is there’s only 5 locations where fishing planet has 19 and it’s a free game. So it’ll be more paid dlc’s for extra locations and tackle. I feel that alot of people’s ideas which were asked for which they said were going to be implemented into fishing sim world have just been collected and pumped into a new game. Bet you can’t sit down or change float depth etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

First impressions pretty good! Similar to FSW with a few tweaks, Glad we can set the depth of the float! Would also be good if we could maybe throw loose feed in (pellets,maggots,corn etc). Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

How can you complain? How much would 5 location DLC cost for FSW? Best part of £50!. For £20 weve had a whole new game, which yeah is a lot like FSW but with a few tweaks, which makes it a bit better imo. Fishing planet has alot of paid DLC to get the full benefits of all the maps! I do agree that it would be kind of cool to be able to roll FSW and The Catch into 1 title, so we can use the maps of FSW. That's the only thing I could knit pick about, maybe they could of done a big DLC pack for FSW and an update for the tweaks, but we cant argue about paying £20.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

You can spod out maggots,pellets etc.

6. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

The main problem is not the price for the 5 new places but the fact that we now have two games installed (FSW and The Catch) to play the same game.

7. nuter41

nuter41 Member

I got the fisherman fishing plant for £30 with 19 global locations and a day and night cycle with feeder fishing and 35 DLC’s included. That beats any fishing game that’s out there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

Seems like hassle to spod out if your fishing 15yards out, would be much easier if there was a way you could chuck a bit of loose feed out while still holding the float rod!

9. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

Never been into fishing planet tbh just personal preference. If your unhappy about paying the price then dont, stick to fishing planet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daft Badger

Not really,it would take just as long to do a underhand throw of a spod than it would to chuck a bit of loose feed out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

I did mention would be good if they could do it while still holding the float rod! Instead of swapping rods.

12. Daft Badger

Yeah,did see that & i agree,wouldn't mind a catapult as well but at least you can bait up with different baits.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

Catapult would be good tbf. Youd have to put the rod down then tho. Square is free button while your holding rod if could make that the button for loose feed, then maybe if your not holding rod square could be catapult!

14. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

There are a whole host of new features. New venues, new equipment and partners, new species of fish, improved fish fighting and behaviours, improved float fishing, new lure retrieval techniques, carp fishing from a boat, advanced water flow, intensity mode, finesse mode and lots more!

That could make for an interesting feature.

This could also be a fun addition.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jamescook9264

jamescook9264 New Member

Need something to spend TP on like bivvies chairs alarms luggage etc interactive objects in your peg would be awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

Alarms would be a good one but as for the others I think it would be pointless as u cant sit down and i dont think they'd do it so u can either.

17. Mark McPhee

Mark McPhee New Member

Louder alarms would be a good shout

• Like Like x 1
  18. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

There’s a few bugs you might want to drastically start working on, some that existed in the last game and still exist on the Catch. And yes I’m talking multiplayer, when playing a multiplayer session (not host) Spodding doesn’t look like the bait is leaking from the Spod. It’s extremely glitchy when the host is changing baits and items in his tackle, while whoever else is fishing is hit with a “host migration” mid fishing. Multiplayer sounds completely disappeared (non-host) the fish are don’t show the exact size until the net symbol appears and fish will shrink. (Non-host)The boats are extremely broken (non-host) but I’m sure other people will post more bugs after my reply hopefully

19. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

The Main Complaint isn't the price or content bang for your money. The Catch is a good value & equivalent to what the same amount of dlc for FSW would actually cost. The Elephant in the room dovetail has yet to address is this. Why release the improvements we see in the Catch as a new game? Why not implement them in FSW? There was no major game engine upgrade, no big changes to fish modeling or behavior. We Actually lost a lot more than we gained. The sponsors for bait, tackle, rods, reels boats All cut by more than half. The venues to fish where some of the best they ever came out with, Career mode, Gone! This was just a bad decision to make 2 seperate games when you had a player base that was truly excited & supportive of FSW & wanted to see it improved. I support Dovetail, have bought the new game & enjoy it; the polishing of the game is appreciated. But, I'm very disappointed they didn't improve FSW with all these changes instead of rolling out a new game. What makes this worse is Dovetails neglect of the player base that supports them. No info on what the heck is going on with the company, game development or why these decisions were made? It really does give the appearance that this was done for expediency, money & just plain laziness!

• Like Like x 2
  20. D3VILDOG8541

You must be kidding? Fishing Planet is All about Dlc/micro transactions! Game wise it is just a ported mobile game & a bad one at that. The controls & UI are so broken it's pathetic! It's not even in the same class with FSW or The Catch.

• Like Like x 2
  21. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Considering the the transactions have been fixed and I have no problem with the controls or ui and on top of that it is a far better sim and the amount of content you get for your money with NO paid DLC I know which Sim I prefer

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  22. D3VILDOG8541

Glad you enjoy it, it's a shame there is such little choice in good, quality outdoor sims; hunting, fishing, etc. I'll have to revisit Fishing Planet to see. The UI really was an issue for me; not the in game controls but the main menus, load out screens were really bad. Maybe they've fixed them. It seems like game design in these type of games either go 1 of 2 ways. Either too arcade(which I think Fishing Planet felt like to me) or Not far enough as a true sim (FSW/The Catch).
    I 100% agree with you on Dovetail taking the player bases' suggestions & creating The Catch. When what they should've done was roll it into FSW to make it a more polished, more realistic game. That & their total neglect of communicating with the players! Not sure what changed? They were really doing a good job with FSW & keeping players abreast of what's going on, new content etc. heck, we even had almost weekly streams from them for a good while. I don't know but, their current actions or lack thereof; is a great way to loose their supporters!

23. nuter41

nuter41 Member

I agree with you there. I played the free fishing planet and the in grind is a real mess but then they brought out The fisherman where there isn’t the grind and no paid DLC’s as there are the equivalent of 35dlc’s included in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  24. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Yeah I straight up agree, the catch should of just been a update to FSW there’s barely no difference apart from a few features. And obviously the boat, all this could of been dlc but I’m happy with the game don’t get me wrong. But you can literally see the comparison and feel like it’s just the same game hence why multiplayer is ragged like the last

25. D3VILDOG8541

I can't believe they haven't fixed the multiplayer, really annoying. I did find a new glitch in The Catch. Certain places mainly river maps, the boat gets frozen for no reason. I switch from fish to drive mode & engine spins up but goes nowhere, lol. Then if you switch back to fish mode it randomly doesn't allow your line to go out when you cast.
    I Have to report this bug, although I'm not holding my breath on a patch anytime soon?

26. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

There’s a lot of bugs, Mainly for non hosts, spodding not feeding animation, host migration when the hosts changes the tackle. Rods glitching, the weights making your rod disappear. The fish not showing the right sizes when reeling them in to when you cast them. There’s a lot of problems

27. Master110

Master110 Active Member

the catch is a standalone expansion pack.for fsw. You.just dont need fsw to.play.

£20 great

28. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

This looks like attempt to get more money because it’s labeled a new game, when it appears to me this should just be a add in to FSW Pro Tour. Wouldn’t the developers see some major issues that still are not fixed with Pro Tour? The rod tip only bends unrealistically, not the whole rod. This is so noticeable. The fish go back and fourth and when at the boat the line goes slack, what? Watch the hand reeling in the fish as if it’s slow motion all the time. If you adjust the reel in speed it goes super fast all of a sudden and there is no in between. Come in guys, I’ve seen better player control fighting fish in older games in Nintendo and even in cell phones than this. Again, this has been mentioned before, the devs have to see this when they play there own game but yet no fix. Just make the graphics look amazing but the most important part of a fishing Sim game of fighting the fish has been ignored. Game is very good overall and looks great but player control and fighting the fish has went down hill since all the updates and is terrible.

• Like Like x 2
  29. nuter41

nuter41 Member

I rest my case

30. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Totally agree

• Like Like x 1
  31. D3VILDOG8541

Yep, That's the Elephant in the room fellas. Not that The Catch isn't a good expansion, a good value, some nice tweaks made. Why in the heck was this not brought out as an expansion to FSW? What was the reasoning for it? It does not pass the common sense test. Everything they did in The Catch was asked for from the players of FSW! We lost Career mode, & all the gear, sponsors & lakes from that game. Yes, it's important because Dovetail said they were going to support FSW for a long time. I like the new lakes, few new fish & game tweaks but, They all belong in FSW not in a stand alone new game! They need the guys making the calls for TSW to make the calls for their fishing franchise. I don't want a new stand alone fishing game every couple yrs. I want continuity in a fishing game that hopefully strives to provide the best, most realistic fishing sim experience you can get on PC & console! Dovetail needs to get their act together with this game or it will fail altogether.

32. D3VILDOG8541

Why DTG_Stephen wasnt this implemented in FSW? Your 'whole host of improvements' were asked for from your players of that game. When will we hear from the Dovetail reps on what is going on with the Dovetail fishing franchise? The information flow to your player base has collapsed! We have no one in forums from Dovetail putting out any info; aside from your very rare, generic & random responses. The live streams & videos have disappeared. There is No information flowing to your longtime supporters (& new ones) about what is going on, where the game is going, what we can expect, etc.The gaming industry is overrun with companies that don't give a flip about their players. Their only concern is putting out the next iteration of their franchise. We really don't need another company jumping on that band wagon.

• Like Like x 1
  33. D3VILDOG8541

No one I see arguing the price point isn't fair! There is a much bigger problem & that's Dovetails decision to abandon one game for another 'New' one.

34. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

For the time being The Catch is our focus, we are working on updates and content for that. Later in the year we will be doing some work on Pro Tour. The live streams stopped after we went into lockdown because of the logistical issues streaming from home can bring. All information and news on The Catch is being communicated through the news feed for the game on Dovetail Live and on our social media pages.

• Like Like x 2
  35. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

You mind telling us why the game is not letting me log into dovetail live?

36. D3VILDOG8541

When you say it's not letting you log in, are you referencing the request for you to re-enter your Dovetail live login info? If that's the case, it's something that has been in the game since Euro Fishing. I don't know if it's done for security reasons or if it's just been a glitch this whole time. It seems to me it was done by design. Periodically it asks you to resubmit your ID/PW for login. It sometimes will not accept it or give you a random error message(it's rare but assume it's a server issue). This happens on all Dovetail titles; Euro Fishing, FSW, The Catch, even on TSW/TSW2020.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  37. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Never had a trouble logging in. I came on the game today none of my mastery challenges are showing up. They’ve all been reset so I log out of dovetail on the game and can’t log back into it, also can’t log into the website except from forums

38. D3VILDOG8541

yeah, I can't log onto the website either, been denying access for a couple hrs now??

39. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Yep managed to log in for all of 2 minutes and then back to not being able to. I wish they would tell us there’s a problem and when it’s fixed

• Like Like x 1
  40. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Loads of people complained about loud alarms that why they are quiet I think it’s stupid to make them quiet because you can barely hear them, and most the times they don’t go off because they’re quiet, it was better when they was louder because you heard them no matter what

41. D3VILDOG8541

The alarms didn't bother me personally. I understand the argument on both sides. Having 3 fish on & constant alarms going off can be annoying for sure. I just tuned it out. It'd be great if they implemented an in game toggle in the settings for specific a volume control for it. Some guys like them, some don't want to hear them just have the visual indicator, some just would like to adjust the volume of the alarm.

• Like Like x 1
  42. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

yeah there should be a sound option for people. I just managed to log in on the website but now I cannot still log in via game

43. D3VILDOG8541

Yep, Mastery & Dovetail live have been down for me. No data in game at all for my fish history & cant login the live website still. Guessing this is all server issues or whatever controls the live website & logs game data; not really a game bug.

44. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Yeah it’s a server issue don’t understand what they could be doing or what’s happening. All I know it’s draining me

45. dbasshooker

dbasshooker Active Member

Why in the world are you working on The Catch with updates and saying your going to work on Pro Tour later in the year, Really? Why aren’t you fixing the issues people have been asking for With Pro Tour? Looks to me like your abandoning one game for a new one and to keep people hanging on with hopes of Pro Tour updates later on. Right?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  46. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

My game is crashing everytime and i cant pick up the spinning rod this is crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  47. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

There’s a bug with a spinning rod set up, if you put a certain weight your rod is invisible. But other than that I don’t know

48. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

Dude i cant enter any lake...this game is broken...when im in,i cant pick up any rod,i cant throw,nothing.is this a bad joke...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  49. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

I have reinstall the game and its the same...now i cant enter any lake...its loading and loading and loading.i can see the map but cant choose any peg,its just loading...im so fckin pissed right now...i catched 17 bosses and i want to continue but this is unbelievable...

• Like Like x 1
  50. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

Dovetail please someone help...this is just crazy...what is going on.

• Like Like x 1