Euro Fishing Our Fixed Update Is Live

Discussion in 'PC' started by DTG Darren N, Nov 11, 2016.

1. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Patch Update Notes

We are pleased to announce that our fixed patch is ready to be released now that it has successfully passed the Microsoft certification process. We appreciate the frustration that the delay has caused but we hope that you agree that this update sees a great improvement. We refer you to the previous patch notes released for this build, which can be found below, but would also like to highlight the following improvements and fixes that have been made;

• Line tension has been improved so that the line will no longer go slack on its own accord

• Fish no longer tire instantly after striking when float fishing

• Rod physics have been improved and now take on a much more realistic bend when fighting a fish

• ‘Floating Line’ no longer happens after casting and putting the rod down

• Rigs no longer drift from position in the lake once they are on the bottom of the lake bed

• Fish AI has been improved, the fish now swim slower and more realistically with deliberate movements when trying to spit the hook.

Previous Patch Notes

• This build aims to prevent fish from being able to swim onto the bank. We have spent over a week testing this and have not seen it happen at all. However, we cannot replicate it being played by the 10’s of thousands of you so if anyone does experience a fish going onto land, please let us know the details including which lake and which peg within that lake.

• Line ‘snapping’ randomly has also been fixed and should not happen anymore. As above, if anyone does still experience this then let us know!

• Multiple takes – now if you are playing a fish and get a fish on your second rod, you will have 2 minutes before that fish escapes. If you are lucky enough to get a bite on your third rod, you will have 4 minutes before that fish escapes.

• We have updated UE4 to version 4.12.5

• We have changed the way our physics system works so that fish now behave more realistically and make the fight feel smoother.

• Megladon – Our biggest catfish has proved very tricky to catch so we have made it slightly easier to get him to take your bait (but we aren’t telling you how!)

• Surface tension on the line so that it now floats on the water when necessary.

• Improvement to the reel mechanics – there is a proper correlation to the amount of line reeled in against the turning of the reel handle.

• Fixed clients sometimes being unable to connect to multiplayer games hosted under the same NAT.

• Optimised several assets in multiple lakes

The following have also been fixed in this update

• A soft lock will occur in the 'Baiting' tutorial if the user walks away from the peg.

• Score is taken in Challenges when the casting goes out of bounds and is pulled into the water.

• Steam profiles are not displayed after selection in the leaderboards.

• Rod selection and pick up rod buttons lose functionality when opening tournament map.

• Opening and closing the pause menu causes the line to be reeled in a small amount.

• Progress in the Academy (tutorial) stages can be blocked by using a reel exploit.

• If the hook bounces on the water during a Distance challenge, it counts as two casts.

• Music plays throughout single player tournaments that is only intended to play at the beginning.

• Score is taken in Challenges when the casting goes out of bounds and is pulled into the water.

2. Kronik

Kronik New Member

Hi Darren,
    sorry but I think this is the worst update you have done...so disappointed :(
    -‘Floating Line’ is still happening even after putting the rod down
    -No way to reel, you have to wait until the fish is dead to get it (as soon as the fish is dead, you can reel...weird)
    -fish swims so fast and spit the hook after 1s, 2s only !
    Well, the worst thing is that you can't reel so the game is not playable at all :(
    I can't believe you didn't notice those bugs when you tested this release...
    I'm not playing anymore Euro fishing until a new update or rollback is out. :(

3. Bandit DE

Bandit DE New Member

Hello Darren,
    i say the same like Kronik.

4. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Hi Kronik, please see our facebook comment regarding reeling;

"Our fixed update see's our improvements to the reeling mechanic. Now, it is not a case of just holding down the button and the character constantly reels in. When the fish is applying pressure, the character cannot reel in freely, similarly to real life. Now, the amount of line you reel in should correlate to how many turns the reel handle is making."

Could you send a screenshot of the line still floating, this isn't happening in testing

5. Kronik

Kronik New Member

Hi Darren,
    I just did few test in spain and line is still floating.
    I took 3 screenshots in about 5s, you can see that the deep is growing between the pictures. (same problem if the rod is down)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also noticed that bait takes about 10s at least to reach 10m depth...is it normal that it takes so long?
    Regarding the new reeling mechanic, if the fish is swimming fast in your direction, why can't we reel in very fast as there is no tension on the line ?
    I have a lot of fatal error in joining multiplayer game, in reel in a fish, in using the spod...well, it crashes at anytime. It was more stable with previous release...