Will Tsw2020 Content Be Useable In Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SaddingtonPlush, Jul 1, 2020.

1. SaddingtonPlush

SaddingtonPlush Member

Greetings,

I'm new around here. I used to spend a lot of time and money with Trainz years ago.
    I just bought TSW2020 deluxe version on sale, along with the Canadian route expansion.
    If I were to buy TSW2 when it comes out, will those TSW2020 routes be available from within TSW2? Or would I need to re-purchase those, or do they just stay behind in TSW2020...

It won't be the end of all my hopes and dreams if TSW2 is a whole new thing and "nothing from what you bought will be supported". I'm enjoying TSW2020, it's not perfect but anyone remembering what sims were like in the 90's will be, like me, amazed.

I imagine that all the art assets *should* be useable in a new version unless it's a completely different engine (I've worked in 3D content creation and also dev work). But, shrug, things might be different here.

cheers all

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaddingtonPlush

SaddingtonPlush Member

Sorry, nvm, I found this detail from DTG:
    "Your collection comes with you - You can play your Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons in Train Sim World 2. Train Sim World has always been about your collection, your choice of Add-Ons from your favourite region, time period, diesel, electric, passenger, freight – your way. Your purchased Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons will be available to play in Train Sim World 2."

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes, TSW2020 add-ons will run under TSW2, but note that they will not be getting the new TSW2 features or any kind of improvements. So even though TSW2 improves upon TSW2020, the old routes remain like they are now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Not everything from TSW2020 will be available on release to be used on TSW2. Few add-ons will come later, we have been assured eventually everything will be playable, but no proof at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Yes with the Engine update, all the assets should still work, but with the other updates like the changes to wheel/track interaction, and a lot of other things, all the old content needs some work to run after that. Now you have the problem of either do all that work and retesting before you can make this a update, or just make all the DLC unplayable until you get around to do the work on them. They choose the later, but to not have to disable DLC you own, they make it a new game, with not all DLC available at start. All the DLC you own will be in TSW2, but so far there is no mention of which specific DLC will be around at launch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The number of Preserved Collection routes that will be available at launch isn't yet known - if a route takes 2 days longer than expected, it'll miss launch day, for example). We'll announce which routes are in alongside the roadmap detailing the timeline for the others just ahead of launch.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  7. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Wait for it... ''But I want all my routes now!'' ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. SaddingtonPlush

SaddingtonPlush Member

Thanks for the clarifications everyone. I'm glad to know my routes will be brought in to TSW2, even if not necessarily on day one.

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

At least someone is satisfied -- a rare quality around here and quite welcome.

• Like Like x 4
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

You can still have the original TSW installed anyway so for me it isn't a biggie, unless you really don't want to use the extra hard drive space which I can't imagine will be much.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Well if you don't want to use double the disk space, you can always just remove the DLCs you have in TSW2 from your TSW2020 installation..

• Like Like x 1
  12. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

During yesterday's Railfan TV, Sam comments on one of the questions that relate to this thread's topic in which he states that routes and stock of TSW2020 have to be in some cases completely remade from the ground up in order to be usable in TSW2. That's the reason not all of the content of TSW2020 will be availabe upon launch of TSW2. It's just too much work to complete in time.

That's understandable, of course. But if this is indeed the whole truth, wouldn't this also be an opportunity to adress existing issues? For example, when converting North-East Corridor route, effort could be applied to correct ATC and ACSES issues that are prevalent across the route. If the process is indeed total revision of content and not just some copy-paste maneuver, this is a perfect oppurtunity to fix these bugs.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

What may well seem perfectly opportune to most folks is not necessarily going to happen. I hope that DTG proves me wrong, but there's a distinct odor of library paste about this promised maneuver.

• Like Like x 1