Tsw2 New Images...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trooper117, Jun 26, 2020.

1. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It's not a TSW2 video though. You may be correct, but until we actually see something from TSW, it's pure speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

TSW2 NOT Dynamic Skies

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That's the sky plug-in thry use.

4. longo239

Again, as I have asked you in many of your posts which are quite authoritative in their tone, how do you know?

That may be a plug-in available for dynamic skies, but unless you are a developer with DTG, I repeat my previous comment that "it's pure speculation". You have no more idea what it's going to look like than the rest of us do.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Experience-A-New-Level-Of-Realism.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. longo239

Nice picture but proves nothing. It's a screenshot, which can be "adjusted", along with many others I will wait for actual gameplay footage before making a decision.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

None of the screenshots were altered.

8. longo239

Did you personally take the screenshots?
    Were you present when they were uploaded?

My guess is the answer to both of those questions is no.

You have read in a post made by an employee of the company trying to sell you a product that they have not been photoshopped the same as the rest of us. You have chosen to accept that, that is your choice.

However, in my experience, very few if any, images used for any sort of advertising or promotional materials will not have had any sort of "manipulation". That is my opinion.

I look forward to your next one line statement of fact or yet another screenshot.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

A screenshot doesn't matter - because a screenshot is static. A static image does not prove what a dynamic effect will look/feel like when implemented in the game.

A video of dynamic effects in a standalone promotional video for a plug-in that is entirely unconnected with TSW2 also proves nothing.

We have absolutely no idea to what extent the skies will be improved. The impression that I got from the Q&A video (I think it was that video) was that there will be a difference, but that it will be fairly marginal..... For me the difference will be mostly zero (I hope) because my main focus for TSW2 will be the Bakerloo Line... where I expect absolutely no dynamic clouds for most of the route.... ;-)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I am going to try and help you one last time...... We each have our own writing styles. And I know that mine certainly isn't to everyone's taste, so take the following with a pinch of salt..... ;-O

But you very frequently make statements as if they are established fact, or that you have some authoritative information that nobody else has. But then you rarely back up what you say with any decent source or reasoning, when challenged. And when you are proved wrong, you never back down... (something that I will do when I realise that I am wrong.... LOL.... even if that is rarely.....LOL.....!!!).

I suspect that in reality that everything that you write is just your interpretation of something that you have seen or heard. Maybe it would be easier to make that clearer, by using phrases like "I think that...." or "I hope that...." or "Maybe this is...."

It's just a suggestion - I am trying to make your life a bit easier..... and help you to have a "less toxic" experience..... as you might put it...

As I have always said - it's great to see your enthusiasm. Everyone here (almost...) is really just as enthusiastic as you, so don't stop posting stuff..... but maybe just think about the various ways your posts can be interpreted.... by other people......? If there is only one way - and that way is "here is an absolute fact" - then make sure that it is, in fact, an absolute fact... before you post it.....

Or - you can change nothing. But be aware that this could result in you seeing posts in response to you that you either find "annoying" or "toxic". Not everyone will agree with you all of the time, and not everyone will accept everything that you say all of the time... and some might challenge what you say.....

Life... is not.... perfect.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  11. hightower

hightower Guest

So....

I believe that sky plugin is the one currently in use, which is what I’ve said all along. That CSX screenshot has the exact same clouds as TSW. It might be that the engine upgrade has allowed them to utilise layers in the plugin that were unavailable to them previously, but it doesn’t alter the fact that they’re the same clouds/skies. To reiterate; there have been no graphical changes made by the developers.

Dynamic they are not. Particularly good looking they are not. Flat and lifeless they very much are. Notice how all but one of the screenshots is high level cirrus cloud. Is this the new rain?

Where are the volumetric clouds, realistic skies and dynamic weather? This is essentially TSW2021, Microsoft flight sim was doing that nearly 20 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

game skies
    Experience-A-New-Level-Of-Realism.jpg

real skies
    etr575medium.jpg

Pretty similar type of skies. If its tecnically possible ('cause multiplatform hardware limits) they should add a shadow filter/layer. A filter with a gamma that start with white (bottom part) and turn in cyan (header part). At about 20~30% of opacity like a static layer over their dynamic skies.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

This is the benchmark in my opinion.
    Don't get me wrong happy there are updates to the sky in TSW2 just pointing out that some games have like Forza 3 and Forza 4 have achieved some stunning realistic results and the impact it has on the game world and the overall immersive feel is just as important as the way specular details are shown on cars ect add it all up and it offers a totally stunning look and feel.

14. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ACE7 HAVE Dynamic Skies

15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

This is the principal "error" I seen here since my day one.
    We all can only comparing Train Sim World (1, 2, 3, N) skies with the other train simulation games skies.
    Unfortunately Forza Horizon series or Red Dead Redempion 2 are not train simulation games.

Simply because we haven't the "numbers" of how many GPU and CPU resources are used to "move" a train simulation game (I mean a simple locomotive in a simple oval track, with an empty scenario like the basic platform of Minecraft).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  16. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with the type of game, yes TSW has more cpu cycles dedicated to simulation and less overhead there for for auxiliary tasks like some real time sky system, however i am not saying TSW implements the above I am simply stating that's my ""benchmark, a benchmark by definition: "to measure the quality of something by comparing it with something else of an accepted standard"

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The developers of Forza might have slightly more resources to play with. As an estimate, maybe 20X the development budget. As for RDR2, add another zero.

• Like Like x 5
  18. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Id say that's most defiantly fact :D considering they spent 7 months photographing the sky just to do what they wanted with there skybox.
    However i am not saying i expect TSW to achieve the same result just that its a great benchmark of what something that is often overlooked in games like skybox can bring to really cementing an environment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Keep on mind, that found bugs by beta testers (if QA or customer) report back the issues to the DEVs. They are not there to actually fix the bug.
    So maybe ... just maybe ... the testers where heard but the development didn't act because of reasons that we can't know.

• Like Like x 2
  20. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

the ICE will not get far, the Wheel Flanges are on the outside.. it has only got 3mtrs to go before derailing on points.
    iuce-.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  21. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...nice catch, jetgriff. I thought this unit was just placed on the rail wrong- I had no idea initially that the wheels are on backwards! Sure hope DTG addresses this before release date... otherwise this could be a little embarrassing.

• Like Like x 3
  22. andref.maccarini

andref.maccarini Member

I facepalmed hard

• Like Like x 3
  23. hightower

hightower Guest

Ah, that famous attention to detail. Come on guys & girls, this is basic stuff!

24. DTG Protagonist

Because I love being the bearer of bad news I checked with the team to see if the ICE did indeed have its wheels on backwards.

It doesn't.

"But it sure looks like it does in this screenshot..."

Yes, it sure does.

What's happened here is that the train has "sunk" into the rail head, giving it the appearance of the flange being on the wrong side.

My immediate follow-up question was "how did that happen?"

It is being investigated. Thank-you eagle-eyed scrutineers.

• Like Like x 10
  25. hightower

hightower Guest

Whoever takes over this job is going to have some big shoes to fill DTG Protagonist. This new no BS approach is very welcome, & needs to remain in place! Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah I supposed that is what happened, as it often happened on other TSW promo screenshots as well. Wonder why it may be, as I never actually saw it happen in-game, neither have I seen anyone complaining about it happening.

27. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...yes, I would agree with this 100%. I think Sam is doing a great job so far, and I appreciate what he brings to the table in his new role.

(Keep up the good work, Sam... you’re making positive changes here, and I for one appreciate that.)

• Like Like x 4
  28. DTG Protagonist

I'm just the messenger. That it's being investigated is not any guarantee it can/will be fixed. Sometimes areas of imperfection will continue to exist because even with the best will in the world a resolution is not possible given the time available. If you spot something and ping me, I'll report it (if I deem it unworthy of being reported - I'll let you know if I don't.)

• Like Like x 5
  29. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Yep. At this point DTG Protagonist is what has been missing in terms of direct communication with us, and lets be honest its not easy dealing with us lot all day every day :P

• Like Like x 5