Train Sim World 2 Sand Patch Grade Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 2, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Our next question and answer stream will focus on Sand Patch Grade. If you have questions regarding this route please include them in this thread.

Given the importance of traction under load we'll also go into more detail on how variable adhesion works in this stream, so if you have questions on that topic please also include them below.

Obviously, some of you will have questions outside these two topics and you will get the chance to ask them (and get an answer) ahead of the launch of the game, so please try to stay on topic.

If you've not yet seen the new Sand Patch Grade trailer and article you can view it here.

The Q&A stream will take place on Friday at 19:00 UTC. You can join in live from YouTube or Twitch.

(This thread is duplicated across all three platform discussion forums - you can ask questions in any of them and they'll be added to the list.)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Looks fantastic on the video, I just hope this is replicated on Xbox with 4K HDR!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

I do have a question of my own, other than the GP40-2 of course, and that is; How long are the trains in Services/Timetable and Scenarios?

• Like Like x 2
  4. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

How does the Livery Designer work? Do you have any examples? And does it work on wagons and coaches?

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

will there be opportunities in service mode to be required to do cold/dark start or be full tutorial on how to do one

• Like Like x 3
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I’ve got a question as someone pointed out on the YouTube video the date of 6th August has been removed from the sand patch grade clip does this mean the release is now delayed

7. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Why sand patch. I understand that some players wanted this but why not do something original, go to Canada, metro north, Florida. The list goes on. But you go back to sand patch

• Like Like x 1
  8. Markerson

Markerson Member

Hi DTG

Obviously you’re still finishing this (and other routes) but are you looking at a stable frame rate for base consoles 30/60fps? Also are there any enhancements for Xbox One X/PS4 Pro?

Thanks

9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

probably as many console players have beens asking for it and was the only route not available for consoles

• Like Like x 1
  10. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Will The Livery Creator Be Able To Paint/ Decal Different Carridges Differntly?

Many Thanks
    DJ

• Like Like x 1
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Will the timetable services be identical on PC and console, including the new switching services?

Thanks and i think it looks great so far- can't wait to finally play Sandpatch on Xbox!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Ok ok. Im trying to say I wasn't one of the people wanting sand patch. As a console player I am speaking out for my community who don't want sand patch. There is so much to add to tsw but they go back to the first flop in a line of flops for dtg

• Like Like x 2
  13. thomas.n.wyndham

thomas.n.wyndham New Member

Hello from Brisbane, Australia! I’m getting married tomorrow, the afternoon of the stream, and will be waking up early to watch it. Was wondering if on PC this will appear as a replacement of the original route, or as an updated version alongside it?

14. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Has TSW2 Sand Patch Grade been tested on:

- XBox One X;
    - XBox One S; and,
    - XBox One.......?

• Like Like x 3
  15. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Has the base game as a whole for any route been tested on the above and is it release date One X enhanced?

• Like Like x 1
  16. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

Could You clarify on the "preserved" routes. If you have the DIGITAL version, you get all the routes (after they've been transitioned) on TSW2. What if you have the Physical copy? Would you still get GWE, RT & NEC to play on TSW2, as well as the additional digital routes and trains purchased? Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Unsticking this post as we've a good number of questions now. Thanks to those who've contributed.

18. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly doesn't sand patch grade have the famous horse shoe curve in it.

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes it does.

20. Disintegration7

No, the horseshoe curve is on the Harrisburg-Pittsburgh mainline in Pennsylvania. Sand Patch Grade runs from Cumberland, MD to Connellsville, PA

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. SHINO BAZ

So sand patch grade is just a nothing special limited section of track,well this routes already a let down and i have never even seen it before.

22. Disintegration7

Just cause it's not the horseshoe curve doesn't mean it's not a good route. It has a really steep grade, which should be a nice challenge, and we have nothing like it on existing US routes.

Honestly, i've both ridden over the horseshoe curve in person, and been to the observation area....it's a bit overrrated IMO.

23. SHINO BAZ

I have read amtrak runs trains on this section of sand patch track,to bad no options to use any amtrak passenger trains where included with it.Since this is a grade climbing steep line of track does it offer the use of helper engines to push heavy trains up hills.

24. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen the Q&A Stream from yesterday, then the answers you seek is right here. Or on Youtube. So, take your pick.

And the short answer is yes, but only for Westbound Trains from Cumberland

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020