Train Sim World 2 Sand Patch Grade Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 2, 2020.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Our next question and answer stream will focus on Sand Patch Grade. If you have questions regarding this route please include them in this thread.

Given the importance of traction under load we'll also go into more detail on how variable adhesion works in this stream, so if you have questions on that topic please also include them below.

Obviously, some of you will have questions outside these two topics and you will get the chance to ask them (and get an answer) ahead of the launch of the game, so please try to stay on topic.

If you've not yet seen the new Sand Patch Grade trailer and article you can view it here.

The Q&A stream will take place on Friday at 19:00 UTC. You can join in live from YouTube or Twitch.

(This thread is duplicated across all three platform discussion forums - you can ask questions in any of them and they'll be added to the list.)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

My questions are:

1. With regards to the GP40-2 DLC on the original TSW. Will this be compatible with the new SPG?
    2. If not, then is there any plans to make it compatible?
    3. If it is compatible, will it be free to existing users and paid for new users?
    4. It's been mentioned the trains are now longer. How much longer are they?
    5. With the new loaded wagon feature, how much can we expect the heaviest train to weigh?

• Like Like x 9
  3. RuB0N

RuB0N New Member

How many costs in euros?

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm curious new features such as adhesion and "weighted wagons": can they be adjusted and perhaps even turned off by players who find them too daunting?

Also, given the high number of promised switching activities, will coupling be handled more realistically?

This may be underhanded, but will crossing gates be fully operational?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Asked and answered numerous times already, ... but that doesn't mean that you've run across it, does it?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

No, in the first TSW2 Q&A stream they already mentioned that the crossing gates will no longer be functional on Sand Patch Grade. They remain always closed, just like on other routes.

My question is, with the whole preserved collection thing, will players in TSW2 have the option to play both the old remastered Sand Patch Grade and the newer one? Or the new one completely replaces the old one in TSW2?

• Like Like x 5
  7. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Can we get a quick list of differences between playing this route on TSW2 vs. TSW1? In other words, changes to the route, rolling stock, engines, scenarios, service mode, etc. and not changes to the game engine or global features.

• Like Like x 6
  8. DTG Protagonist

*fist pump*

Several of the questions I suspected would be asked are already in the list. Keep them coming.

RuB0N 29.99

• Like Like x 2
  9. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

In TSW 1's Sandpatch route manifest trains used random cars in the train. Will TSW 2 use random cars for manifest trains (maybe with random load this time) too?
    Think a bit diversity in trains would be fun

Greetings Higgybaby 90

• Like Like x 7
  10. auhron

auhron New Member

Did I missread it or haven't they mentioned that they would improve the way clouds are displayed? That still looks pretty bad in the trailer or is it just me? Not really that important, but somehow I expected more, if they actually bothered to mention improvements in that area...but it was cool to see a teaser for London subway and ICE in Cologne (maybe sometime the diplays on the stations will actually be working...there is hope, maybe in TSW 3)

11. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

My main question about SPG is about the GP40-2.

It was an addon for the TSW1 Sand Patch Route and bundled in the deluxe edition of Train Sim World for Consoles before the TSW2020 update.

So my question is:

Will the GP40-2 be a future DLC for Sand Patch Grade for TSW2?

• Like Like x 5
  12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

They already said about the crossing gates not being operational.

My two questions relates to Scenario Planner (really across all 3 routes and upcoming routes as well).

When we are planning a scenario and placing locos / trains or consists on route can we just have locos or rolling stock on sidings as static type objects so the route doesnt look desolate like Great Western Express on the consoles for example?
    Will Scenario planner evolve though TSW 2's lifetime ie new additions fitted like a consist creator (surely its not that hard)?

regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  13. RommieG

RommieG New Member

One of the mentioned 'new features' of SPG is that more services are now using helper locomotives. Has the DPU setup been improved/fleshed out to enable more advanced features such as fencing (controlling leading and helping locomotives independently, generally used to control speed and slack over a pass)?

The loaded car weights has also been mentioned - are manifest/mixed trains fully loaded as well, or will all cars in the consist be unloaded, similar to what was done in TSW1? Similarly, have any changes been made to how manifest/mixed trains are set up? 'Random' cars in TSW1 would appear in mixed trains despite it being rather unrealistic, like single well cars, coal hoppers, or MoW hoppers. All of those are often handled as unit trains in the US, and are rarely mixed in with other types of loads.

Lastly, has switching service design been revamped in Cumberland since what was offered in TSW1? Switching maneuvers across various TSW1 routes have been rather unrealistic/tedious, with the game instructing the user to move single carloads around the yard - often resulting in redundant moves that would have been handled as a single move by an experienced engineer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

1) SPG even in TSW1 had dual speed limit signs for freight/passenger trains, though they're not functional (they only allow for the freight speed limit). Given the Scenario Planner and therefore the future option of running passenger trains on this route are the dual speed limits in the game? (The 50mph stretch outside Cumberland is actually a 79mph for passenger trains)
    2) Helpers on trains have been mentioned, will there also be mid-train DPUs? They can often be seen on SPG IRL and would be a brand new thing to see in TSW.
    3) In a similar fashion as 2) will we see more than double-headed trains? (The screenshots show ACs finally being combined with different locos, so maybe 2 ACs and 1 SD on a freight train?)

See you tomorrow, folks. :D

15. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Will the GP-40 be upgraded for TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  16. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i have tsw gp40

• Like Like x 1
  17. fanta1682002

How much china money TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  18. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

¥264.10

19. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

These are questions I’ve already posted, but as it seems there won’t be another “general” Q&A stream I’ll ask them here:

1) Will DTG apologise to their loyal customers for the shortcomings of TSW? Namely. the lack of an editor, the lack of multiplayer and the lack of steam. All features which were promised at the time of release but have failed to have been implemented into the game 3 years later. TSW was not the "ultimate next generation train simulation experience" it was advertised as and even to this day TS2020 still beats it in most regards.

2) Why was the decision made to stop work on the editor? And can you say with confidence that an editor will be available at some point in TSW2? We know an editor at least for PC was in development at some point as Matt showed it off on stream once.

3) Why are we still waiting 3 years after release for true 3rd party content? (Not in-house products by Rivet Games)

4) It was said we have to wait for another engine upgrade before Steam is implemented. Is it therefore safe to assume we are looking at at least another 3 years to reach that milestone (assuming 1 year until the release of UE5, 1 year to upgrade the TSW2 engine and 1 year to make the loco).

Moving on to specific TSW2 questions:

5) Will shunting be possible with the Scenario Planner, or is it only possible to do Point A to Point B services? Will we be able to do special moves, such as banking or rescuing another locomotive?

6) What lighting improvements have there been? Has the horrible washed out/ foggy look of TSW during sunny days been fixed?

7) How long are the new routes? Will it include to complete Bakerloo line and how far out of Koln does the German route go?

8) Why is there no improvement in sound? Sound has been one of if not the biggest issue since launch in TSW and it still hasn't been touched in the next iteration?

9) Will we have to re-buy content again for TSW2? For example: if I own ECW on TSW, will I have to pay for the 377 again in a TSW2 release?

10) Why should I buy the upcoming Class 20? You have already announced that TSW content will be “preserved” in TSW2 but no updates or attention will be given to them. Why should I buy it if I know any bugs with it at launch will not be fixed?

11) What is the specific reasons behind making TSW2 a completely new game rather than just a TSW2020 update? You release core engine upgrades to TS Classic yearly for free, so why are you now charging for a core upgrade to TSW?

12) The Preserved Collection has been implemented into TSW2, so why can't we use the locos on the new and future TSW2 routes?

13) Will TSW2 be on game pass and will TSW2020 remain on Game Pass?

14) Will there be a Deluxe version of TSW2 like there was with TSW on consoles? If so what content will be included in the Deluxe edition.

Tough questions I know, but DTG need to be honest with us here and we deserve answers. Has to be said though, I do like how DTG are now trying to be more open with us and I really do appreciate the honest answers to tough questions in the last Q&A stream. Thank you. Hopefully this keeps up in upcoming streams and we get the real answers - which may not necessarily be the answer we want to hear - but at least they are truthful.

• Like Like x 16
  20. fanta1682002

CLASS 20 IS 70 CHINA MONEY

21. hightower

hightower Guest

Given how long some of the scenarios/services are, has anything been changed to allow you to save a game confident in the knowledge that it won’t be a complete mess when you reload it? If the answer is ‘yes’, does it remain yes across all DLC going forward?

What discount will current TSW owners get from TSW2? (Hint, anything less than 25% is an insult).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  22. Fearmeister

Fearmeister Member

Will the TSW2 version have the same scenarios as the TSW1 version?

23. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

Sorry another question I have that I forgot to ask after watching the trailer.

There was a distinct lack of passengers on the stations on the Underground in the trailer. Will there be more passengers on stations on the Underground in the final release version to mimic what the real Underground looks like at rush hour?

• Like Like x 3
  24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

My questions:

Will there be services using the Hump yard?
    Do we get information beforehand for a scenario/service about train wight and length? This would be very useful and an extremely nice addition, preferably in the form of a train report.
    Will the windmills still be there and working if the wind blows?
    Can you explain a bit more on the variety of services? One of the current issues is the lack of variety in services.
    Can we see some driving tomorrow? Would be awesome and better than just talking ...

25. DTG Protagonist

dskxalive Two things.
    1. Go and re-read the original post. Then come back and trim your questions to be on topic. You may wish to dump your initial rhetorical question section, as they will not be answered. The won't be answered because there is no answer we can give that you will believe, find satisfactory, that will change your mind, improve your mood or otherwise serve any purpose with regard to the game.
    2. Go and re-read the original post.

• Like Like x 12
  26. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there. I feel the first 4 questions are very important questions that need answered if DTG want to regain some trust from their community. I find it speaks volumes about DTG if you aren’t willing to apologise for the false advertising, lies and false hope we’ve been fed for the past 4 years with TSW.

Fair enough this may not be the stream to answer them on, but to say they will not ever be answered is absurd, and quite frankly has potentially swayed my decision away from purchasing TSW2. If DTG aren’t going to be honest and trustworthy to their community now, why should we trust anything that is being said in these Q&A steams? It makes it seem like this “all new open and honest DTG” is just an act and as soon as TSW2 releases it’ll be back to the old DTG ways.

I’ve got a lot of respect for you Sam and what you’ve brought to DTG since you’ve took over the Community Manager role, but I hope you reconsider answer.

I honestly skipped over the bit in the original post which said there will be a chance to ask more questions, so apologies for that. I’ll trim it down to more route related questions.

Edit: Speilling

• Like Like x 8
  27. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

My trimmed question list for Sand Patch:

1) Will shunting be possible with the Scenario Planner, or is it only possible to do Point A to Point B services? Will we be able to do special moves, such as banking or rescuing another locomotive?

2) Is Sand Patch at the same level now on consoles as it is has been on PC? So will train lengths be the same on PC and Console, is route length the same and is there an equal amount of services?

3) Has there been any adjustments to sound from the original Sand Patch release on PC?

4) Will the locos available in Sand Patch be up to TSW2 standards (ie not preserved collection standards)? If so, will we be able to use the TSW2 locos in Sand Patch on the preserved collection (NEC for example).

• Like Like x 2
  28. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Can i use my GP-40 on it?

29. DTG Protagonist

You misunderstand my point - there is nothing that can be said that will change anyone's mind. Nothing. It is fruitless to waste the effort, more likely we'll just make those who are already violently disappointed even more so. The community will gain nothing, we'll gain nothing it's a fast track to misery.

Where DTG will win back any faith is through actions, not words, and even then there will be those who still don't like what we do. It's to be expected.

If you do not want to buy TSW2 for any reason at all, don't buy it. There's nothing I or anyone else at DTG can say that will convince you otherwise. What may change your mind is if and when we deliver on promises and feedback from those you consider trustworthy gives you a reason to believe them.

Everything we're doing in the run up to launch is to try and paint a completely accurate picture of the coming game. We're not going to talk about what we hope to achieve because that's what we did last time, and we were wrong to do so. Players such as yourself are a good example of what happens when you get it wrong - you've lost all trust, and feel misled. Whether or not that was the intention is a total irrelevance. Words created this situation and more words will not rectify it. Actions might. If they're the right actions.

To that end, if it's all the same to you, we'd sooner skip the part where we attempt to smooth things over with words or pay lip-service to the concerns of the community, and jump to the point where we actually do something about it. That, in a nutshell, is why questions such as the ones highlighted won't help anyone.

• Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This post, to me, is extremely positive. It’s clear DTG are trying to learn from past mistakes and it sounds like they really want to rebuild trust with their fans. This can only be a positive step and they deserve the opportunity to do so.

• Like Like x 4
  31. carmadman

carmadman New Member

Hi I'm James, will there be a pre-order and deluxe edition on xbox one. And if there is, what is included.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  32. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

I agree 100%. Actions do speak louder than words and I find it very reassuring that DTG are looking at it that way and want to win back trust through actions. If DTG can keep to that mentality, then that makes me optimistic with what the future holds.

I just feel it would beneficial to the community for DTG to discuss how it got to where we are now. What was the decision to stop work on A, why was it chosen to give B a priority over C etc... (And this doesn’t have to necessarily be on a stream. Put it in the Roadmap that you mentioned in the TSW2 announcement). I’d like to see why the decisions that were made in the past were made, as well as how those decisions will help you get to what your overall end goal is for TSW.

The editor was a big, big part of what the community was waiting for with TSW. It’s the key TSW has needed to make a big step up and put it on par with TS Classic, with 3rd party locos and routes complimenting the DTG releases and having a real thriving community. But when you wait 4 years for an editor and then you’re just told “We’re not working on an editor.” is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I agree words don’t fix mistakes. But words that explain why actions were taken will help. The amount of money people have invested in TSW, building a collection, so we could use it in the upcoming editor, has just all went out the window with the announcement of no editor and that no DLC can be used on any future releases. On top of that we still don’t have the multiplayer or steam that were promised 4 years ago. I just feel the community deserves an answer, an apology, whatever it may be, because at the moment it just feel like all the money people have invested in TSW may as well have just been flushed down the toilet.

Anyway, this could be the topic of a whole other thread. I respect your opinions Sam, but I really hope you see where I am coming from. Words won’t fix past mistakes, but it gives people an idea of the difficulties and limitation that DTG have had to work around.

I look forward to seeing tomorrow’s Q&A.

Mark.

Edit: Spelling

• Like Like x 2
  33. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Matt said in the last stream that they rebuilt the route to be “compatible” with the previous routes, so the gates now stay down 24/7.

• Like Like x 1
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I have a question: I really wanted to buy the gp40-2 dlc as I do not have it at the present moment, especially for the new SPG route coming to consoles for the first time. Matt said in the stream that TSW 2020 dlc will not be compatible with the new TSW 2. Is there any way that dlc can be used for the new CSX route? If not, can u guys make a rebuild of it to be compatible with TSW 2, as a new dlc? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  35. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

Can you publish a list of controls with any details of direct input - which controls can be assigned an analogue axis, etc?

• Like Like x 2
  36. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

wait grain loading? U876 is the shaw mine run withe the SD40-2

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Have the over powered brakes on the US trains been adjusted?

• Like Like x 4
  38. deano954

deano954 Member

Will we see longer routes in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  39. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

I am inteterested in the new driving scorecard and stats - what will change compared to the various medals? Will there be community leaderboards? Will there be mastery/community challenges?

• Like Like x 2
  40. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

(This is not supposed to serve as a set of questions or a topic for tomorrow's stream, it's just my answer to what you've said.)

I think one seriously good step forward/"the right action" would be to try and work together with the community and maybe "change the painting" at least a bit to make happier customers. Talking openly is great, don't get me wrong, but it should have some other outcome other then "we know sooner what we won't get". Maybe the firmly set plans for TSW2 could change a bit based on the feedback.

(E.g. the Preserved Collection has been talked a lot since last Q/A, mostly in connection to not being able to throw our "old" trains on new routes and vice versa. What would it take to make this possible? How difficult would it be? Can it be done? Will the investment return? etc.)

Some of the most adored developers nowadays are those who work together with the community, react to what's being said. So far as open as it is it still seems like we as customers can't influence the painting even though we're basically the ones paying for it. :D

• Like Like x 7
  41. Marcelo Reis

Marcelo Reis New Member

Will the AC4400CW have new sounds or will it be the same as before?

• Like Like x 2
  42. matthewhedley

matthewhedley New Member

Question 1: Since I own the Disc version of TSW on the Xbox will my Rapid Transit and Northeast Corridor be included in the preserved collection?

Question 2: On TSW2s Bakerloo Line Will there be realistic passenger numbers on Xbox since currently many routes feel slightly deserted and I really want the Bakerloo line to be different!

Final Question: I currently own the GP40-2 on Northeast Corridor and will this DLC become available on Sand Patch Grade for TSW2 a lot like it is on PC currently?

• Like Like x 1
  43. matthewhedley

matthewhedley New Member

Hi I have a few questions to ask:

1.I own the Original disc version of the Xbox Game so will my Rapid Transit and Northeast Corridor be included in the preserved collection?

2. I already own the GP40-2 on my Xbox Account so in TSW2 will it be available on Sand Patch grade like it currently is on PC?

3. This is a bit of subject but I really want an answer: On the Bakerloo line will the route have realistic passenger numbers since currently on Xbox most Routes feel dead and essentially deserted so can you please do something about it if it is not :)

• Like Like x 1
  44. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Will there still be rollingstock from CN and the contract hoppers from Peninsula Corridor still appear on the new sandpatch, and visea-versa? Mixing the pool of freight cars was one of the best features added with the CN route...

• Like Like x 3
  45. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

> Why specifically has SPG been updated?
    - the argument consoles does NOT count as PC players get zero to minimal benefits
    > Why are no dynamic railroad crosses implemented in SPG?
    - in track, when train X passes track part Y close crossing and when train X passes other track part Z open crossing, Matt has already talked about this, but why is it so hard implementing it, why did DTG make the desicion not to do it?

I'm looking forward for the Q&A and that most of the questions in this thread get answered.

• Like Like x 1
  46. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Q: Are the locos going to be upgraded?... like beeing at the quality (especially in terms of sounds) of the ones post-peninsula corridor? Or they are the same ones with only the adhesion factor?

Q: what aspects of the scenary have been re-worked or re-done? (Like distant scenary trees or grass or textures, etc)

Q:
    what are the posibilities regarding the scenario editor? Switching? Helper loco?

• Like Like x 1
  47. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

My main question is in relation to SPG but in a different sense:

You guys are able to bring over SPG from TSW into TSW2, and do some ‘upgrades’ and add ‘additional’ things into that route.

Why then hasn’t this been done to previous routes, such as GWE or NTP? - considering it seems to be possible as a result of what we see here.

• Like Like x 8
  48. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

- Will the YN3 livery be available for the GP38 as it currently is in TSW1's SPG ?
    - Already asked, but needs emphasizing...will the GP40 be available in TSW2 ?

• Like Like x 1
  49. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Benbroomfield... Because sand patch grande was never on consoles and it was pretty much requested from console people. Plus the fact they can now add long trains on consoles

• Like Like x 1
  50. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

I understand that, but that’s not what I’m asking sadly :)

I’m saying that it seems that it’s possible to bring SPG into TSW2, so why ain’t GWE (etc) got the same treatment? Instead, leaving it ‘preserved’ and ‘abandoned’ - if SPG can be brought into TSW2 then why can’t it be done for the rest of the Routes?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 11