Train Sim World 2 Sand Patch Grade Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

If you already have a copy of TSW on PC (as I have), and you then buy TSW2 on PC.... and then you delete the original TSW on PC... and then download "Preserved Routes" into TSW2..... do you:

- end up with two PC versions of Sand Patch Grade on PC....?
    - get to keep any TSW loco DLC for the TSW version of Sand Patch Grade......?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

HI, I have only had the game for two or three weeks, TSW 2020 on PS4. I have purchased most of the routes and a couple of loco packs. As it says in the introduction for TSW 2, (Your collection comes with you. You can play your Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons in Train Sim World 2.) And reading some of the comments above I am wondering just how much of what I have purchased will I be able to use in TSW 2 please? As it seems that some things may not be coming over.

Thanks

Len

• Like Like x 1
  3. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

This has been answered on the last QA, on the initial news release as well. You can play all current TSW content as is in TSW2. That means locos and routes, however the key here is AS IS meaning you wont be able to use TSW content with new routes or features of TSW2.

4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

When can I bookTsw2

5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I see from pictures that enviroment on SPG was updated, are there also some new real-based environental models like bridges etc.?

6. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

(Not OP) You’re right, but they also said they weren’t sure what routes would be included in the Preserved Collection at launch, suggesting that not all DLCs will be available to play at launch. A good question would be what routes will be available in the Preserved Collection at launch, but that’s a question for another stream.

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They have mentioned multiple times that it is a huge amount of work to bring stuff over to TSW2. Even they have limited resources. That being said I do think similar treatment should be later applied to the rest of the DLCs. Maybe make it a drip-feed content, make community vote on what to rework next. It would definitely help the longevity of the game.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Sam has mentioned that they will provide a list closer to release as they don't know what exactly they'll manage to get ready before launch.

9. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Looking forward to see the proposed road map (should be train tracks?!) which was promised so we can see what will be coming in the coming weeks and presumably after launch.
    After seeing some gamers having the p*** taken for getting to level 100 bit ashamed to admit I'm past level 400. The therapy is going well as long as you let off some steam every day my therapist said...if only I could....

10. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's been covered above, but just so you have it from the horse's mouth - it's due to the amount of work involved. There is nothing trivial about bringing any route or loco from TSW to TSW2. To bring it fully in-line to work with TSW2 features isn't much less work than building something from the ground up.

Given unlimited time and resources it's entirely possible to do this for every route in TSW. We just don't have unlimited time or resources.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  11. cabnz

cabnz Member

Will Matt resign for telling us so many lies?

12. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Whilst a tad off topic for a thread on SPG...

I'm not convinced Matt ever set out to mislead anyone. I think it was simply down to enthusiasm, and perhaps misplaced optimism that they'd be able to set out everything he wanted to. I think calls to resign are more than a touch harsh.

• Like Like x 14
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Did he lie? Or was he maybe just guilty of getting a bit over excited with the plans? Most game developers never discuss their plans.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cabnz

cabnz Member

Enthusiasm, Optimism or Excitement? It's not very professional to say such things which are not confirmed and therefore mislead people. Just like a politician!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Why SPG was reworked to TSW2 and not just left as "Preserved Collection".
    Was it unpreservedable, or you don't have resources to create brand new USA (freight) route?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Protagonist

Keep this on topic please.

17. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I've seen on the TSW2 reveal article that the term "long trains" was used when asked WHY TSW. Does that mean we will see longer consists on Sandpatch or will they be largely the same lengths as the TSW version of the route?

Also are there any details on PC legacy discounts, or further discount of some sort?

18. cosmoreedoconnor

cosmoreedoconnor Member

How many scenarios are there

19. eurocityboy

eurocityboy Active Member

1) Will substitution still work in TSW2? Will I still see freight cars from Oakville Sub and Peninsula Corridor on CSX HH manifest trains?

2) How long will the longest train be (on CSX HH in TSW2)?

3) How heavy will be heaviest train be (on CSX HH in TSW2)? How many engines/helper engines will it have?

4) Could you give us a rough overview of changes to the timetable and of new services added? How many switching services will there be at Cumberland Yard?

5) Will services use the fuel stand?

6) Will we be able to use the GP40 in TSW2?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Thankyou Sam for the official response, I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  21. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

Sand Patch Grade will come with the base game of TSW2 which costs £24.99. In Euros, that is approximately 27.71€.

22. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions pertaining to adhesion:

- How complex is the adhesion system? What factors are in effect when simulating this?
    If we compare track adhesion on a rainy autumn day and in a winter blizzard (in this case the former being less slippery than the latter), are we going to experience more severe wheel slippage in winter than in autumn, or is there no quantitative difference between different seasonal and weather conditions?

- Is wheel slip specific for different locomotives?
    Some rail vehicles are more prone to wheel slip than others, so I'm wondering if this is considered when designing locos and trains?

- Are there sections of tracks that are more slippery than other sections of the same route, regardles of weather and season?
    This could be the case if the section goes through heavily forested area for example.

- Will wheel slide protection (WSP) system be functional on passenger trains?

• Like Like x 5
  23. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Collectables?

1) Will there be Collectable's and if so will they be the same ones as in TSW 2020?
    2) will they be hidden in the same place as the original route or different places?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

And will collecting them cause the trophy to pop reliably on PS4 if there is one.

• Like Like x 1
  25. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

24,99 GBP is indeed 27 EUR and some change, but don't expect to pay that. It'll be 29.99 EUR

26. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

There may be a pre-order discount.

27. DTG Protagonist

Unsticking this post as we've a good number of questions now. Thanks to those who've contributed.

• Like Like x 1
  28. fanta1682002

There may be a pre-order discount.?TSW2

29. WKSnacks

WKSnacks New Member

Will the console version natively support the enhanced consoles (XB1X and PS4 Pro)?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Really...? It might not be absolutely trivial, but it should be possible to create an effectively managed workflow to convert the content. What does this really involve....? Maybe....

- getting a copy of the base models (whether it is route or train), minus the scripts;
    -
    revising the scripts used in TSW to be compatible with TSW2;
    - placing those scripts in the base model (whether it is route or train); and
    - testing to see if it all works - say some minimal level of testing.

For a route, this would require a lot of re-scripting (even from a working TSW2 template) for the signalling system and track components. This would take time. A lot of time. But you would not have to redesign any physical part of any of the models... it would not be a ground-up redesign, starting from absolutely nothing.

But locos are completely different. As soon as you have a working TSW2 scripting template for a locomotive, you can largely copy that script into each of the legacy locos and tweak it to suit that vehicle's original parameters (all of which are known). This would take a non-zero amount of time, but it would be close to zero. Testing the results properly could take some time, but let's be honest... it's not as if a great deal of time goes into testing anyway.... as we have seen with the Class 20/Class 31 issues on TVL......

Can you estimate how long it would take to convert a TSW loco to work in TSW2, on new TSW2 routes...? is it.... maybe an hour or two, for each loco? Maybe it would take one person two or three weeks to convert all of them? And yes - those two or three weeks of work has a dollar/pound/euro sign associated with it, and it would be more than the price of a cup of coffee.

It would not be a completely trivial cost to convert the locos. But it would a very low cost. It certainly would not be a ground-up exercise requiring rather hyperbolic unlimited time and unlimited resources.......

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

If you've got room for one more question, I have one Sam.

In regards to the livery editor, will that be something we can use on the rolling stock as well as the locomotives or is just for the locomotives? I wouldn't mind repainting some of the SPG freight cars.

32. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

They mentioned in the last Q&A stream that the livery editor can be used on any stock. So any locomotive or rolling stock that comes with TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Thank you. I missed that.

34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Same, I do believe routes could become really tricky to convert, there's a lot there that could go wrong. But with locos it is basically putting together 3D models of parts, assigning tasks to controls and giving it some physics to work with. This would probably need some tweaks with the new adhesion, but it basically seems like having an old model train and trying to put in a new engine and electronics, so it runs well among new trains. You still have the original body, frame, bogeys etc. And truth is - if only the trains were converted, it would still be better than nothing.

We'd really need an extensive answer for this one because we see the sort of easy way to go about it. Maybe there's a super complicated hidden problem in it, but we've not been told about that.

• Like Like x 2
  35. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

So we know that we can bring our TSW 2020 add ons on TSW 2 with preserved collection. Is preserved collection a separate edition or it come with the standard edition???

36. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

There hasn’t been any mention of any “deluxe” version of TSW2. But it would be safe to assume that the preserved collection is something that would be included with all versions of TSW2 since it’s such a critical park of their marketing campaign.

• Like Like x 1
  37. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks much -- no, make that very much for the 2nd TSW2 questions stream. Before watching it, I was already eager to purchase; having learned about what Matt referred to as the "day in the life" switching activities on Sand Patch, I'm almost at the point of joining the "can't wait" crowd. Fortunately, I do know that I'll just have to wait, but I will surely be among the earliest purchasers.
    Bring it on, DTG!

• Like Like x 3
  38. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

You can learn this by reading information that has already been released.

39. fanta1682002

new hud?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How did you get this?

• Like Like x 1
  41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist you have mentioned you'd try to help us with additional SPG questions here, so I'd start off with one that hasn't been read, but got a bit more weight with the stream.
    Considering this...
    ICE SPG.PNG
    ...will these...
    dual speed limit.PNG
    ...now work?

It would add another "dimension" to SPG being able to traverse it faster with a passenger train as they are allowed higher speed pretty much all across the map (even 79 mph before Hyndham - not a big challenge for ICE, but better than 50 mph). It would help quite a lot considering there might be some US diesel passenger trains in the future released for TSW2.

Bonus question: Can the Cumberland station now handle passengers?

Have a great weekend!

42. DTG Protagonist

I noted your question Monder but it got cut for time (sorry). I'll get an answer for you.

• Like Like x 1
  43. DTG Protagonist

Just as a general FYI - I'll purge that screengrab over the weekend as it's misleading. Yes, it's legit, but it's from a work in progress build so isn't representative of what will be there at launch. We're planning to cover the new HUD in more detail, so soak it in for now, speculate as much as you wish, but you won't get any more information until we show it off properly.

• Like Like x 4
  44. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No need to apologise, I know you can't get to every question. As I said, I think it got more important considering passenger trains will be able to run there basically from launch day based on that lovely screenshot. Originally I thought it would be more in the lines of "some future DLC with fitting train".

45. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

So the hump yard isn't used because it's not in real life but ICE and LU locos will run on SPG without electric. Make your minds up!

• Like Like x 4
  46. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

How about splitting ICEs and LU stock using the hump? I'd say it's win win!

47. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Kind of makes a mockery of "simulator" really. doesn't it.

OK so the hump yard isn't used in real life but at least it would be more realistic having wagons on there than seeing an ICE or LU stock roaming around the route!

*Arcade Game Alert*

• Like Like x 4
  48. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Yeah that's sad. 100% realism is not possible and not desirable. See Matts comment that there is far more traffic than in real world, which is fine. Using the hump yard as hump yard would be a very interesting and exciting addition, though I am not sure how this should work. Setting all switches and uncoupling in time keeps you very busy ...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  49. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

*sigh* you know they made a point of saying that that would be TURNED OFF by default, right? The game WILL NOT LET YOU put trains in unrealistic places unless you click a box somewhere in the settings, and then it's up to you.

Given all the stuff people do with Quick Drive in TS, I don't see the problem here. Just... don't change that setting?

• Like Like x 11
  50. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Just rather they put more effort in the 'simulator' rather than a gimmick 'arcadey' feature.

Oh well, at least people will still have their quick drive feature from TS1, so they can run an ICE/LU on irrelevant routes whilst those who wanted a scenario creator cannot place AI consists or do switching, you just go from A-B

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6