The Catch Can Anyone Give Me Some Tips To Keep Catching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eatyourwordshull, Jul 3, 2020.

1. eatyourwordshull

eatyourwordshull New Member

I'm new to the game and it seems that on every venue I get bites for the first 10 - 20 minutes and then it just seems to go dead and I can't seem to get any further bites, I have tried spodding, tried placing the rods in other spots but i just can't seem to get back on the fish. Can anyone give me some tips to help with this and just some general tips that may help me catch more. Also are there any specific baits that seem to work really well on each venue?

2. Darkside

Darkside New Member

All depends on the location and what you are looking for early on I was using the Haichou Extreme with RidgeMonkey Braid 30lb , size 4 hooks and 20mm pop up tiger nuts and was landing a few 20/30lbs, As you catch more you will earn points to unlock more gear baits ect currently using the setup below as you can see it works miles better for this lake. fish.png setup.jpg

3. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Use a size 10 hook with red maggots toss into the lake where you see a splash I find to catch a lot of fish from this technique, but it depends what lakes and what fish you’re going after. I usually fish a size 10, size 4, and a size 2. Size 2 with either a roach or catfish pellet 30mm this will bring in any catfish and the occasional big carp. Size 4s I will use 15-22mm bollies this will bring in big and small fish and the size 10 will even bring in 20-40 carp I’ve experienced and obviously perch roach all your small fish which you will want to use maggots all the way up to 8mm bollies. I have caught the occasional big carp on a size4-6 hook with a worm also but it depends on how big of a fish your going for what hook to use and which bait may be a killer for fish. It’s not the same for everyone but you just gotta experiment with each baits and hook sizes

• Like Like x 1
  4. eatyourwordshull

eatyourwordshull New Member

Thankyou both for your advice.

Yeah i should have been more clear, I'm usually going for carp but I'm currently on Rotterdam using chicken liver on a size 4 an im after Wels Cats. Now within the first five minutes I had a bite that turned out to be a zander but there is now a big Wels showing on the surface but the rods have been out for a good hour now and nothing since.

How long do you keep the rods out for before bringing them back in and trying something different.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darkside

Darkside New Member

I keep mine out for about 5/10 mins if nothing is interested spod the area with your bait so in your case the chicken livers, if nothing is still interested recast look for air bubbles on the surface, at a lower level you will end up losing a fair few fish but don't fret about it as you get catching more and earning more points for better gear you will be pulling in big ones before you know it :)

6. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

I’m having a nightmare with the catfish on Rotterdam need 1 more to complete the mastery, I’m using the marine pellets but keep getting carp nabbing them, and with roach and livers it’s difficult when the pike and zander are also going for them