Train Sim World 2 - New Screens!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jun 26, 2020.

1. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I don't know why they chose to give us a screenshot of the Dreigurtbrücke from that angle, I had to google it to figure out what was so special about it... it's a triangle!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...that’s awesome- you took the time to search and got something for your trouble! I never would’ve guessed it was a triangular bridge- never even heard of that before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I wonder what time period this takes place in the only train we have is th 72 stock so that's why I really didn't understand why that matter's

• Like Like x 1
  4. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

The „Hamsterbscke“ (Br442) and the ICE 3 are looking so great!
    Really nice!!
    But I have got one question:
    How long will it take to ride the regional service from Cologne to Aachen?
    Also: I think there is no direct regional connection between Cologne and Aachen...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

It looks like there are regional service between cologne to aachen.
    800px-12-06-029_Köln_Hbf_DB_442_263.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. raildan

I don't know what you mean by "don't understand why that matters," but all the details of route appear to be modern day so we can assume that is the era. The Bakerloo line is entirely operated by 1972 stock, so they couldn't really model a newer train.

From what I've researched, there are actually 2 RegioExpress services covering the distance (the RE1 NRW-Express and the RE9 Rhein-Sieg-Express), combining to form a half hourly service between Cologne and Aachen. They are operated partially by Talent 2 trainsets, but they also use BR 146 + Doppelstock, so it's kind of a shame we can't use those from TSW1 on this route.

Furthermore, the RE trains make 9 to 10 stops along the route, and take about 56 minites. The ICE trains cover the distance in 33 minutes.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

oh, ok then; thanks!
    But I thought that we would be able to use the trains from TSW 2020 in TSW 2, but not the new trains from TSW 2 in TSW 2020?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Not to worry...! The 146 and Dosto combo will be made available as special TSW2 DLC for just $15.....! So it should be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Don't put words in people's mouth. We don't all hate DTG.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Now you are being....... Oh well..... I don't hate DTG at all. Crikey... you know... "hate".... it is such an incredibly strong word......?

*sigh*
    *shrug*
    *non-plussed gaze into the wilderness*

......and people like me... huh...? You have a box with a label on it... and you think that I fit in that box... because you really know how to accurately categorise people... and put them into defined groups of your choosing.... no indvidual differences in your schema, huh...?

You know... if you build a talent for that.... maybe you could design a society filled with just the right kind of people, of your choosing... and maybe the others..... the ones that don't match your specification...... well..... maybe they could be.... well.... removed.....? You could then make everything perfect. A perfect world - designed by you, and only you...... for you.

Please don't place me in your world of hate. You might hate DTG, as you have said... but I don't...........

As it happens, I actually like DTG - quite a lot.

Thank you Anthony, for this sensible observation. I think this is the best post that you have ever made. Maybe you are right..... about toxicity.... if people are actively hating DTG and openly admitting it, like raildan has done here... maybe this really isn't such a happy place after all.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  11. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Any routes you own from TSW 2020, you can use in TSW 2, but they are not compatible with the new content.

• Like Like x 1
  12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Ok my 4 cents worth. Personally I like the screens. Yes certain bits of the screens are wrong ie the guy saying about the two tracks no longer being there. Well maybe they were there if and when they got the info to model the station Possibly via Google maps (which isnt always upto date with images - such is life) or a visit they were there, you don't know. As per the clipping well a glitch perhaps.
    I like the look of the German route and looking forward to running on it, but I fear it will turn out to be the GWE version for TSW 2. The amount of different TOC's and Trains there that will not be included in the game (for licensing reasons) will make the station look desolate including the runs. In the video below you do see BR 442 in various liveries as well as a 425 in DB livery. Will we actually see them as as DLC with the afore mentioned DOSDo's as DLC which these current units could easily be converted to run with in TSW 2?

The Sand Patch grade looks good and Have been wanting a good size US route of running long freight trains for a while. But then alas to the UK route London Underground with one piece of rolling stock..... :| Whilst the ingame screenshots look good (on all routes) I feel with out adequate DLC or addition of other trains the routes (mainly Germany and especially the London Underground) will get bored quickly. Thats just my personal opinion to be fair. I hope they dont but hey. As per station PIS well I would rather hear "Stand Clear of the doors" or the classic "Mind The Gap" on arrival to the station underground. One thing that I really hope to see would be for the PS4 Pro only. A Slider that users can either have a performance or graphical increase dependent on which way you would like it. But I don't personally see that happening.

As per multiplayer I sincerely hope they ditch the idea. I would prefer the resources, time and money spent on further developing routes, rolling stock, locomotives and a better UI then multiplayer.

Just my thoughts.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 5
  13. a.hardtdegen

a.hardtdegen New Member

I am from Aachen. You are completely right, there are regional services twice per hour. The RE1 goes from Aachen to Hamm with the BR146 + Doppelstock, the RE 9 from Aachen to Siegen with the "Hamsterbacke"-Trains. Each is operated hourly, so in sum there is a connection between Aachen and Cologne roughly about every 30 minutes.

There is also an additional S-Train-Service between Düren and Cologne going every 20 Minutes on a sidetrack going parallel to the maintrack just with some more smaller train stations, having roughly about 10 stops between Düren and Cologne. I am not quite sure which trains are used there, but as far as I am confirmed these are the BR 423. I wonder if they implemented those also, maybe they come as additional content.

And, not to forget, they are also freight services coming from Belgium (Antwerpen) going via Aachen and Cologne to several destinations in Germany.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  14. raildan

Alright, you're right, that did come off a bit agressive, and I apologize. Hate is a strong word, after all... perhaps it would be better to say that "most of us are highly critical of DTG" instead.

Personally, I DON'T "hate" DTG and I never said that- by "all" I didn't mean literally all, I just meant it seemed like most of us did.

15. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

We could at least get BR146+dostos and maybe BR425 as non-driveable AI trains, just to put some life in the route. The models are already there, so it shouldn't take much work.

• Like Like x 1
  16. marko.kleinschmidt14393

marko.kleinschmidt14393 Member

I think the 185 and some freight is much more needed then a third passenger option. But all the other german routes have a lot of options available, I think it'll be the same there.

• Like Like x 4
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

That CSX AC4400CW, oh that CSX AC4400CW, can’t wait to drive that beast of a loco. The first heavy haul diesel freight loco for consoles, I can’t wait for the release of TSW 2!

• Like Like x 5
  18. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will be available on Microsoft game pass for PC as is TSW 2020, be nice if it is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

not