Pre-order

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by myorke00192, Jul 3, 2020.

1. myorke00192

myorke00192 New Member

Does anyone know when you will be able to pre-order the game?

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

well its until its confirmed when we can no one knows

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody knows if you can preorder it. I’ve got a question though... what’s the point of preordering it? It’s a digital product so they’re not going to run out of stock. I get it if there is a preorder discount but other than that I’m struggling to think of a reason why, when a game comes out on 6 August, anyone would want to buy it on 28 July. Surely you just buy it when it’s out. Am I missing something?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

You have a fair point there only reason I would pre order I guess is so it can be pre loaded and also if u got a discount

• Like Like x 2
  5. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very many game have pre-order

6. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Yeah, not sure what the reasoning is behind Dovetails release & PR game plan lately? They did the same thing with their just released version of FSW, 'The Catch'. No pre-order, 2 little promo trailers on YouTube, and Zero info from the company about the new game. Looks like they are almost 100% relying on repeat buisiness from current players. They do a better job it seems putting info out for TSW but, nothing to pat themselves on the back for. Dovetail needs to step it up. You're dedicated player base deserves better.

7. Trainspeeder

Trainspeeder Active Member

Near August

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

A pre-order is useful for digital content in order to download the game and play it as soon as it unlocks. Plus there's sometimes a bonus/exclusive piece of content. Sometimes by pre-ordering a certain edition, you can play it a few days before the main standard edition release date. Not sure if they'll do any of this given how we're approaching August but my first point is valid if you live in an area with slow broadband and want to play it straight away.

• Like Like x 3