Stream Bots On Dtg Streams

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by djhawtin1, Jul 3, 2020.

?
  1. Agree

9.1%
  2. Disagree

9.1%
  3. Strongly Agree

18.2%
  4. Strongly Disagree

63.6%
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, Please Can You Chill the Stream Bots Down On The DTG Streams Because There Very Annoying And Questions Or Statements Don't Get Read Or Answered Because All You See Is
    Restream Bot
    [Youtube: \/\/\/\/\/\/]
    Question Or Statement

And It Gets Spammed All The Time
    So Please Get The YouTube Mods To Just Chill The Chat Or To Get Reastream Bot Goes Directly To The Streamer Instead Of Spamming The Chat

Many Thanks
    DJ Hawtin1

• Like Like x 1
  2. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

Restreambot is a chat relay that merges chat from all 3 platforms into 1 so the streamer can see all the chat. There were over 500 people on Youtube and just over 200 on Twitch.

What doesn't help is morons spamming irrelevant comments like the ton relating to Paul Jackson and then complaining when they are timed out as per the standing instructions on disrupting the chat.

Sam was most clear several times that the questions they were taking came from these forums and other sources ahead of the stream and stream chat questions would not likely be answered since there is so much chat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

So why bother having chat if they're not taking questions from it. Disabling it will stop any issues.

4. Easilyconfused

Well the moderators have a crib list of answers we have been provided like the release date, price and other questions that have been covered in other streams. We do our best to provide those answers but the speed the chat moves at means some can't be covered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. djhawtin1

TBH People Spamming Paul Jackson Is Disrupting chat as well as restream bot because say you said Hey, Dovetail There is A Glitch That Ruins the DLC. And Then it doesn't Get Read because restream Bot
    Spams irrelevant Questions like Paul Jackson and then the DLC Gets Wrecked By That Glitch You Mentioned Prior For Worse and then that DLC Is Broken And Dovetail Loses Revenue By Refunds And loses Customer Trust By Just That Glitch That Could Of Been Very Minor Then But Turned into Major Issue that results into a complete Redesign of that DLC Or A Waste Of Time Of The DLC Being Created

*Edit* Plus Just Seeing The Moving Chat Box Is Just Showing Restream Bot [Youtube: /\/\/\/] Paul Jackson. Etc. Just Gets Very Annoying And no one's Actual Twitch Message Not Read

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  6. sreevesfrancois

sreevesfrancois New Member

As a moderator I strongly disagree; I like to be able to see what has been posted on all platforms so that I am able to see what the streamer is referring to when answering a chat member. That way its easier to follow the stream, to answer future questions and to help my fellow mods out with their decisions. But that is just my personal opinion!

• Like Like x 2
  7. djhawtin1

Yes But Wouldn't It Be Easier If Mods/ Content Creator Went Onto YouTube Chat Aswell As Twitch So Restream Bot Becomes Irrelevant

8. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

Here's the thing, we are not going to tell chatters to "chill" just because you want all the attention on you. They have just as much right to be chatting during the stream as everyone else does. Ranting in chat about the bot is not going to solve anything as explained to you in chat during the stream.

There are mods on Youtube, and restream is really there more for Sam and Matt to be able to read three lots of chat at the same time. Unless you are a live streamer is hard to explain just hard it is to follow one chat and focus on your game play, let alone following chat on three separate platforms. with at one point having 900+viewers, they simply are not going to be able to follow the chat and answer every single question that gets asked, this is why it's asked questions can be posed here on the forums, they are not lost and can be collated far more easier than three separate stream chats spanning many hours between Q&A.

When we instruct you to do something it's really for your benefit more than ours or anyone else. Spamming chat complaining about the bot is just as disruptive to others as the other people you complain about spamming chat

• Like Like x 2
  9. djhawtin1

Jp, Listen I Don't Want All The Attention And It You Read My Post You Would Know To, Twitch Chat Has A Right

10. djhawtin1

Yes Nothing Gets Anwered Because All Everyone Sees Restream Bot, Restream Bot, Restream Bot, Restream Bot

11. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

People do get answered, and it was made quite clear that answers in a Q&A stream will get missed and that they are to be posted on here. With 900+ viewers, even without restream bot questions will still get missed. What does not help is people spamming their questions and throwing a strop because they either can not be answered on a live stream or they do accidently get missed. Your spamming complaints about something that can not and probably will not fixed while the stream is live does not help, as was explained to in chat at the time.

Just because you ask a question or make a comment does not mean you will always get a reply, getting angry and snapping back at people, especially us mods will only get you removed from the chat, either temporary or permanent. We don't want to have silence anyone on any platform, having someone like say that we should calm youtube down really does not help, all three current platforms have just as much right to chat as any of the others. We actually don't like having to hit that ban button and only do so as a last resort.

At the end of the day, if chat or the bot annoys you, hide the chat, watch the stream, listen to what is being said. Then if you still have questions, raise a support ticket, post a thread on here, wait for a quieter stream where you might get a better chance of getting an answer.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. djhawtin1

Not On The Q&A On Other Streams I Thought I Made That Clear?

13. djhawtin1

Also Don't Ban Or Time Out People After 3 Times Because cause Maybe They Want Their Question Answered After 4 Yes Do A Time out but please Just Either put chat on screen or just yt chat

14. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

We have a set of guidelines from DTG themselves when it comes to moderating the chats, if you have an issue with how that's carried out then you are best taking that directly to Sam or whoever the next full time community manager is,

You are clearly not a live streamer and don't understand how hard it can be to follow chat and read every single message and reply to every single message AND focus on the game play. If they started doing that you'd soon start complaining about lack of game play in the streams because they are just answering questions and not showing anything.

Yes is was better when there was two on stream at the same time, one driving, one following chat. Right now with the social distancing in force that's not practical and you saw the issues that was being had doing like they did for the Q&A streams, technical glitches happen that wouldn't if they was sat side by side.

15. djhawtin1

Actually I Am A Streamer And What I Do Put The Chat (in a combined System) on the screen making bots not needed

16. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

and of course I bet you are god and have never EVER missed a single message and replied to every single one too.

17. djhawtin1

Yea Just Missed A Couple but I Re Read The Chat And Answer Them In My Next Stream

18. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

That's fine as you are the only one doing the stream, when there is more than one like in this case. I doubt Matt is reading Sam's chat and Sam is not reading Matt's chat. Stream chat doesn't get stored unless it's stored by the restream. If it does then it looks like this whole thread is now kinda invalid and pointless, it only shows that you just like to complain and that is the latest things for you to have a moan about, you've not moaned about it before and it's been in chat now how long ??? Like it or not restream bot serves a purpose and is probably going nowhere anytime soon, I've learnt my ways to deal with it, you should too. So now on to the next thing for you to have a moan about...........

19. djhawtin1

I Made It Clear About Normal GamePlay Streams

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

To be fair to the moderators replying here, you never mentioned this was in relation to the usual daily streams and you did post it immediately after the Q&A stream. The mods do a thankless task and if you want fewer restream bot messages watch the streams on youtube. You get the spam first hand then.

21. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Not nearly as annoying as people who capitalise every word...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Easilyconfused

Thanks for the reply stujoy and the recognition of the difficulty of our task of moderating the streams. Sometimes it really is like trying to make water flow uphill.

Yes, it does get frustrating when people ask questions, a moderator replies from our canned list of responses that are regularly updated and then the person continues to post the same question over and over again because they want the streamer to verbally answer them. On a stream with 900+ viewers that is not going to happen very often.

To be fair there is an equal amount of "spam" from Twitch as well that flows the other way through restream to YouTube.

Dovetail have made the decision to stream on 3 platforms and the moderators are in place to facilitate that. When the daily streams started we didn't have coverage on YouTube but that has been rectified so now all 3 platforms (shortly to become 2 when Mixer closes down I suspect) have adequate moderator coverage. Collectively the moderators have 40+ years of experience across various platforms and different forum software so we rely on our experience to spot the problem areas and deploy our resources accordingly.

Dovetail never had to go to daily streams during the lockdown period - that is a decision they made and the moderators have adapted to that with excellent support from Dovetail.

If restreambot is such an issue for the original poster or anyone else then simply mute it.

The moderators don't have that luxury and have a live voice channel so we can talk to each other, as well as the stream audio feeding through our headsets and chat scrolling up the screen at a frantic pace. A 2 hour stream leaves me feeling mentally drained and then we have to go through the post-stream review of the actions spreadsheet so Sam has details of timeouts, bans etc. for when tickets come in via support about why people were timed out etc.

• Like Like x 1
  23. djhawtin1

I Have Muted Him But A Even Bigger Problem I Cannot See Where my message went

24. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Excellent examples of inflammatory personal attacks. Could this just be zapped? At least shut down? You're right -- why didn't I hop off the hate train after the first couple of posts?