The Catch Long Wait For Bites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peterog, Jul 2, 2020.

1. peterog

peterog New Member

Does anybody else feel that it takes alot longer to get a bite compared to fsw?

Me and my mate have played 16 hours on Oxlease. But with only 2 boss fish between us. It seems like it takes forever sometimes to get any fish atall.

2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I have 5 hours on Rotterdam I don't have issue with getting bites, also had two boss. I have almost 6 hours on Oxlease, and I agree about the bite rate. I have moments when I don't get any bites for at least half hour to hour. I think Oxlease is just a hard lake.

3. Cba2KillU

Cba2KillU New Member

hello. ive played 18 hours on Oxlease not had 1 boss fish yet lol

4. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

Peg 35 left hand side, put one short (15-25yards) by the reeds with size 10 hook and bloodworm. put your other 2 bit further out, on left hand side in the weeds (30-40yards) with chod rigs and pop ups. Had 3 boss fish from there quite quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

The bites do take awhile Specially on Oxlease In my opinion

6. Cba2KillU

Cba2KillU New Member

FINALLY after 21 hours on Oxlease[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Master110

Master110 Active Member

i think you.need to.fill the. expertse bar up before you.can catch bosses.

Ox lake is broken. The bites.are.very.low

8. peterog

peterog New Member

Yeah, I'm leaning to think its broken. I understand that catching boss fish should take a little more patience. But when you have rods in for over half hour with no bites, even with changing pegs its a bit of a joke. I honestly hope it was not intentional, as I play the game to catch fish not look at a lake for hours on end. If I wanted that I'd actually go fishing

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

I dont have an issue in catching fish, catching quite regularly. But the boss fish are a bit of a joke I've had 3 and I've fished for 24 hours +

10. b0nk69

b0nk69 New Member

I would have to agree this place is not fun if you are targeting a boss. I need one more to finish the mastery

11. Cba2KillU

Cba2KillU New Member

ive now fished it for 21 hours and only had 1 fish. i also fished on oxlease for a hour n 19 mins without a bite lol

12. joegatt37

joegatt37 New Member

If they were easier to catch it would be pointless and unrewarding surely that's the point of a boss.

13. peterog

peterog New Member

Its not rewarding on oxlease. Its a chore. Id imagine people actually wanting to complete the lake before dovetail drop aload more lakes as dlc. Wich at the moment seems almost impossible.

14. b0nk69

b0nk69 New Member

Even float fishing is very slow on Oxlease. This lake needs some life added to it

15. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

Ox is slow, but my advice would be to use your bait rod. I've finished the Mastery for the lake and that's what helped me a lot. Also, you can fish a spot "dry" if you keep casting at the same spot and you are no longer getting bites, change your casting location. Also, use your baiting rod ( yes, this the second time I've said it.) It attracts fish that are nearby toward your bait. It's even more helpful when you are using the same bait in your rod as you are on the hook. This also works well for catching catfish. Use the chicken liver bait on your hook, then put some in your bait rod. I tend to throw my rods pretty close together then hit the area with the bait rod five or six times.

16. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

Dose the time of day make a difference or is it just for looks?

17. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

Time of day and weather both matter.

18. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

Ok so it's not just for looks that's good to know. So many variables it's in real!

19. YIDS100

YIDS100 New Member

That's fishing for you

20. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Fished there several times, every time i get 3 fish in 30 minuets, then nothing, i have to change peg or time of day just to get another fish.
    The bite rate is to low, which makes me not bother fishing there, so i only get 4 venues to fish, why they did such a low bite rate at 1 venue and the other 4 a good bite rate ill never know, also when i entered the carp event , the ai got 200lb of fish and i got 37lb of fish.
    Which means they got about 10 fish, so i have no chance of being in the top 3. Compleat waste of time fishing there, needs the bite rate to be made higher before i bother going there again.

21. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Time of day does. Weather for now does not. I asked the forum admin and thats what they told me. Further proof of this can be seen in the boss fish Friday thread. Area, bait, hook and time of day are mentioned. Weather never is. Pre being told this I thought it did.

22. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

The point of the topic is to let dtg know , that we think the bite rate is to slow not catching enough fish. We should not have to change peg because the bites " dry up " or fish at sunrise clear sky ,using chod rigs at peg 35 bloodworms the other 2 boiles, that's how i caught my boss fish comments from the players.
    I have tried all suggestions from players, same result no boss fish ,and most fish i get in half an hour is 3 ( occasionally 4.)

All dtg have to do is program it to catch more fish, the same as the other venues, and weather time of day mostly irrelevant,as long as you use the right hook / bait. Then they would not get posts like this one.

23. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

24. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

I am not going for any boss fish, i just want to go to oxlease and catch what to me is a reasonable amount of fish, that would be 6 or 7 in 20 minuets to half an hour,and then continue to catch more fish without having to move peg, or change the weather /time of day.
    The point everybody is making is they are not catching enough fish,let alone a boss fish,Why is oxlease programed compleatly different from the other venues ? Like i said it just needs to be changed so player's can catch more fish

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  25. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Maybe if its by design then an idea is to use a simple difficulty rating for all venues released? So at least the player knows what they are in for?

Also maybe like the Boss Fish Fridays. Have a thread on general hints and tips for each water. Tactics/baits etc that help anglers target better catch rates or species.

Although I do agree that Boss fish seem overly elusive across most venues. I'm somewhere around 50hrs plus of game play and have about 5 or 6 across the venues released. Especially the Ebro where even using the tips (baits and spot) for catching the boss Catfish, the Bull especially and I have yet to come up with anything. Once a spot has been found then you shouldn't then have to then fish several more hours with everything right tactically to still catch. That just makes it pure luck because you could still be fishing in the right spot, bait, setup and time but never get the Boss fish, as it would be natural for a player to either move or change something with no luck in a reasonable time frame.

Saying all that I am a fan of its being more difficult to a degree and no one wants to catch the same boss fish 3 or 4 times in one 1hr-2hr session either. Like it was on Euro Fishing on some of the venues

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Chizzckh I'll pass on the suggestion of a difficulty rating. Once I am back from the holiday break I'll also pass on all the feedback regarding Oxlease to the team.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Cheers. Might be an added dimension to have venues that reflect catch rates for the species in them. Tough Carp venue, have to work to catch them but maybe on the flip side you can have a second rod that you can look at other species that are easier to catch. And flip the species in any other venue. River venue, Barbel and Chub being the target fish but if you come across a Carp, thats a big catch considering the stock of the venue.

28. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Not a good idea to have different catch rates, tougher venues than others, evidence for that is this thread. All negative comments, " me and my mate fished for 16 hours hardly caught anything " lake needs some life breathed into it " and so on. All species in oxlease i can catch at lake mikle, ( except tench ) and at a lot quicker rate,so why would i bother going to oxlease ,except to catch the boss fish.

Simple fix to make everybody happy is to up the bite rate, catch more fish, and by that i mean we choose any peg, use size 4 hooks and boiles, and would expect to catch 7 or 8 carp in 20 minuets, then another 7 0r 8 carp in the next 20 minuets.( could also catch tench or chub).

If it goes quiet after an hour then change to size 12 hooks and worms or maggots,and catch roach and perch and chub, that's what i do at other venues when it goes a bit quiet.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  29. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

This is a question. Is the game a simulator or an arcade game. I wouldn't have an issue with a varied range of venues that have different difficulties. Carp anglers sit for days on venues that are known to only a produce a bite of two a day but when they do catch, the reward is worth it.

The halfway house here is change the bite rate and stock levels of certain species in a venue.

For a long time I've thought the high bite rate in the game means having 3 rods is a bit pointless. Often you can barely cast a rod in without the other two already having fish on. So why not say have a venue where for example carp are harder to catch and if you use a setup specifically to target them, you can have that out as a rod with an expected low bite(ish) bite rate but then you can then use the other Rods to either up the chance/bite rate for that species or target other species that have a higher stock/catch rate?

Of course there still needs to be a balance to make the game enjoyable and have enough action to play. Probably comes down to also having baits that can be used to target specific species that won't be or very rarely picked up by other species in the venue. At the moment that really isn't the case or certainly not to a high enough level right now.

30. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

Well we obviously have different opinions ,and like's and dislikes in a fishing game. For me it is 100% arcade with how everything in the game works, a more realistic sim would be fishing planet.
    yes real world carp anglers will sit for days and only catch 1 0r 2 fish, that's because it is a hard venue, but they enjoy doing it.

I play fishing games to catch fish, at a fast bite rate, like i said why would i go to oxlease with the lowest bite rate when i can catch way more at the other venues, to me oxlease is a waste of a venue.

3 rods out all going off at the same time, great for me exactly how i like it, if you don't like that for whatever reason, then you have the choice of using only 1 rod. At oxlease you don't get that choice, you have to put out 3 rods, otherwise you will get even less fish than we are currently getting.

You can not please everybody, what dovetail could do is put a bite rate option on the screen before you spawn into the venue, with fast, normal,and slow options. Which work the same across all venues. then the player could choose how many fish they want to catch.
    Of course this would require a lot of programing, and i doubt they have enough time to implement this feature.

Targeting specific species, works a little bit, but not great, i have never had roach, rudd, perch, on a 2 hook with halibut pellets, but on a 10 hook with a maggot, i have caught 20 - 30lb carp on it. Fishing planet does this a lot better than the catch does.

So for now i will enjoy fishing 5 venuse, ( along with game bugs ) and wait and see if they change the bite rate at oxlease.

31. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I have been saying back from Euro Fishing that the game is too Carp orientated. And they are always the primary catch at most, if not all venues. Bar using predator baits there is no way to avoid them really. And this is where part of my opinion comes on catch rates. Using pretty much any hook bait catches them and regularly.

Then you have the situation on the Ebro where you're infested with Channel Cats. Its like there are 50 of them to every one of another species.

I find catching infinite amounts of 10-20lb carp on venues as frustrating as low bite rates. I guess I'm just looking for either a more balanced or a better way to avoid certain species. Maybe even certain sizes within a species. Big baits should generally reduce catch rates but on the flip side should give a better chance of bigger fish when you do get bites. So putting a 30mm pellet on is the long game on rod 1 and 15mm boiles give you a chance of a more wider range of size and more bites quickly on rod 2 for example.

The difficulty rating I suggested was really off the back of sorting the issue with players wondering if the bite rates at a specific venue are a bug rather than design. Through playing Euro Fishing to now, fair to say there is still quite some mistrust built up about what is meant to happen and what just happens by error.

Just how I see it personally.