Score Is Unrelated To Xp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pschlik, Oct 16, 2017.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sure why score was added at this point, because the score actually does nothing to the XP you earn. Based on both of the two having that bronze TSW 'coin' next to the number, it seems that the intended effect is for both to be equal, but you typically get around 1/20th of the score as XP when it comes to a service, more around 1/2 for a scenario. However, that's assuming you drive the service properly. If you intentionally skew the score, the XP will stay the same, and you can get XP up to 1/8th of the score as a result.

1W23 done normally, and then done speeding and artificially lowering score:
    Done properly, score is at 11.5K, XP at 637.
    1W23 Properly.jpg
    But done improperly, score is less than half at 4.9K, but XP is only 7 points less. Probably due to my worse stopping accuracy, and not any of my speeding.
    1W23 Improperly.jpg

So though the idea of score is to trade and compare...it doesn't mean anything to the game, it's more of just a social statement, which can't be the only intended purpose...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karl456

Karl456 Member

In my opinion, this system doesn't make any sense. It would have been enough to add score or XP, but not both! That's just confusing. And it becomes even worse due to the fact, that it seems as there is absolutely no correlation between XP and score.
    I'd really like to know with which formula XP and score are calculated - it seems, if there are two formulas being completely independent from each other and using different parameters to calculate their value, what is just senseless.

• Like Like x 1