PlayStation Dovetail Live Problems?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doyden, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I was just half way through a 166 service using a secondary profile as it's the only way I can get Mastery to register when I started encountering a few in game problems.

It started when I noticed a passenger moonwalking against a fence so as I had a few seconds to kill whilst loading passengers I thought I'd go and see if I could give him a shove. This turned out to be a mistake as I only managed to get myself stuck on the fence instead. I decided to save the game and then reload it. On the first attempt the game save failed but succeeded the second time. I quit and attempted to load the game which failed.

I thought oh well, I'll just load my main profile up and do something else except every time I pressed square to change profile, instead it just showed an empty "Configure Overlays" screen.

So, completely close the game and launch again. Oh let's just have a look to see if any of that last service registered for mastery as I'm very close to finally unlocking the second tier on GWE. Hang on - everything is reset!

Went into the Dovetail Live area within the game and whilst I've had one article refusing to load for the last few days, now the first three articles just have repeating flashing white dots.

Just to reassure myself that my progress is still safe on the Dovetail servers I tried to login to Dovetail Live with a browser only to be told my account details are incorrect. They aren't. They are the same details I have to use to login to the game when it forgets every few days.

The actual in-game profile is okay as my completed journeys and services are all present.

So two or three game breaking bugs and a mastery/loss of account later and I'm feeling somewhat disgruntled. Anyone else having problems logging into Dovetail Live?

2. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Naturally after typing all of the above I try again and now Live seems to be working and my Mastery progress is back in game. I had to login yet again so perhaps they were doing something to the backend.

I do still have three stories in Dovetail Live in game failing to load though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

So do I. And for the first time for quite a while, a drive failed to register in Mastery (not that I'm that bothered about Mastery).

• Like Like x 1
  4. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

And, I went to check my Mastery stats (after saying I wasn't that bothered about them) and I can't log in to Dovetail Live, and I can't reset my password either.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

Same.. The same email & pass that I (very annoyingly) have to put in on start-up almost everytime I start the game would not work on the website. Furthermore, those fields are auto-filled on the website & have worked for me flawlessly in the past.
    When I hit the link to change my password, I never get the email. Puzzling..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt lose too much sleep over mastery. It dosent work properly despite what anyone says to the contrary. Try not to think about it, and if something registers see it as a bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Mastery is broken, Dovetail live seems to have more up and downs then the stock market. Why the hell do I have to keep logging into DTL? Its a pain in the arse.
    And people want multiplayer......

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Wrong forum. Please put this in the Technical Reports forums. Thanks.

9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

That's right, and I would really like to see topics placed in the right sub-forums. But there will always be "enough" people who can't say where to post or who don't care. Either way, it would be difficult to teach them all individually ...^^
    Also, I don't think it would help if the threads were simply duplicated.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Forum moderators should be moving the occasional misplaced thread to the correct forums, assuming there are any forum moderators of course. This would remove the opportunity for ‘helpful’ members to dig up old threads just to say ‘wrong forum’ which is worse than having misplaced threads.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

The only mod I've ever seen is DTG Charles

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

You mean, move it to a place where less people will see it? Its been reported as a technical issue countless times. Its become a permanent feature of mastery, so is part of the game and should be discussed.

• Like Like x 1