What Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JohnnyK98, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Kind of quiet in here, but I wanted to ask the TSW community what games you're currently playing?

I'm currently playing Fishing Planet. Currently I'm level 8, it's quite a grind!

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Nice idea for a thread.

The last game I played was State Of Decay 2. I made the decison to move my motley band of zombie killers out of the Bridge Fort, and into the Corner Office. I really liked the Bridge Fort, such was its design, defending it was easy. Bottle neck any attacks at one end, while keeping a carefull eye on the other end. But I thought it was time to move onwards and upwards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator.

Both run really well on an average PC. There's loads of community mods available. There's also multiplayer and every time a new map is released it adds hundreds of miles to the network so you can drive from one side of Europe or America if you so desire.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JohnnyK98

I wish both those games were on consoles, but I'm stuck playing Truck Driver. :(
    The multiplayer looks interesting. I know in OMSI 2 (bus sim) you can share a business together and expand it. I wonder if it works the same way in American/Euro Truck.

5. longo239

I'm not big into the multiplayer side of things at the moment. There's no AI traffic, so if you log on at quiet times, you may not see anyone else. There are also restrictions on what mods can be used including skins and liveries.

There are loads of VTC's (Virtual Trucking Companies) so as far as I understand it, you can in effect work for a trucking company.

6. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Spent some time on Doom 64 when it got rereleased onto modern consoles.

7. JohnnyK98

Oh that's great, I got all the achievements for it. It holds up surprisingly well. As a person who's never played the original game, and doesn't own a PC, I'm very grateful that the developers re-released the game for us to experience. The later level designs in hell look absolutely fantastic.
    I'm still waiting for them to re-release games like Heretic, Blood, Quake, Quake II, etc... They'd make some quick money!

8. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I played Quake 2 when it came with Quake 4 and those games are really fun to play! I haven’t played Heretic or Blood though. I have however played Wolfenstein:the new order and the new colossus and I had quite the ride on those games. I even played Prey (2006) and that game holds up really well in terms of level design and gameplay. Also a re-release of both Star Trek Elite Force games would be great!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Im playing snowrunner on PS4 the best game out there and well worth the money. ive lost interest in TSW now but waiting to see what the new TSW will be like from what ive seen so far its not floating my boat

10. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I have been playing a lot of Just Cause 4 recently and OMG the explosions and physics are the reason why I bought it.

11. TheCadManFan

I haven't played that yet, how does it compare to Mudrunner?

12. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I always have plenty of games on the go. Currently I am putting some miles into the Class 166 on TSW, but also playing:
    - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    - Bus Simulator
    - Game of Thrones (Telltale)
    - Demetrios
    and lots of the POWGI word games on Vita

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

its way much better than mudrunner. in snow runner there are at least 12 maps to go on and 40 vehicles to collect. lots on missions and tasks to do

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. longo239

I remember playing the original version on my first PC or was it my Amiga? :cool:

15. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Bit of Wreckfest to release my anger haha! :D

16. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

TSW, Farming Simulator 19 and The Catch: Carp&course

• Like Like x 1
  17. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

tsw ace7 acc

18. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

World of Warships legends and Elite Dangerous are my go to's at the minute.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Bus sim or fifa.
    If my kids get there way, then roblox...

• Like Like x 1
  20. JohnnyK98

I see a few people in here are playing Bus Simulator! I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

21. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Now I am playing Need For Speed Heat too. Both on PS4.
    Unfortunately my PC graphic card it broke some months ago, and due to covid 19 situation I could not buy a new one.
    There I also used Flight Simulator, and Open Rails as train simulator.
    I love it, due allowed lot of improvements over original Train sim, and for free!
    Furthermore I have several great routes from lot of countries, - with no length limits! ;) - and also made repaints of locomotives and wagons, and modify cabs too.
    I had Truck Simulator too.

22. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I bought it when it was on sale (50% off), so there is a good chance it will be in the sales again. They just patched the console versions to add trophies/achievements to the map expansion. TrueTrophies and TrueAchievements do price tracking on games, so you can get them to alert you the next time they are on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Might have to investigate Snow Runner then. Also waiting for a (bigger) discount on Bus Sim before I give that a try.

I've just got the Platinum trophy on Farming Sim 19 which was the free PSN game in May, so I've had some use out of that! Not even opened last month's Battlefront II yet, so that'll be the next thing I have a crack at.

Edit to add: Every single FS19 trophy popped right at the moment I achieved its requirements. #justsaying

24. TheCadManFan

Really? Ok, I need to get around to it soon then.

A Plague Tale: Innocence
    Have had this on my shelf for months, decided today to give it a try. Though I wish that I had been warned about the dog in the opening chapter. Poor, poor dog. :( I have allready encountered the rats. The screeching from 100's off rats.... *shudders*. Burn you filthy vermin.

25. JohnnyK98

What'd you do to earn your rep?

26. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Johnny,
    I use to drive it off-line, despite I did it sometimes online.
    Usually have limited time, so just I make races just for fun, and learn better driving techniques.

27. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Im not with my pc where im living now, so not playing tsw:(
    But i do recomend for android a game called airlines manager.

28. SaddingtonPlush

SaddingtonPlush Member

Aside from TSW: American Truck Simulator and ETS2.
    Sometimes Project Cars, sometimes No Man's Sky, sometimes Eve Online.
    I play a game called Arkham Horror living card game with my wife. Yes, bits of cardboard, not digital :)

If you haven't seen them yet (where have you been?) ATS and ETS2 are well worth a look. For great youtube content check out either our own Sam, or Squirrel.

• Like Like x 1
  29. fanta1682002

ACE7

• Like Like x 2
  30. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I also have this lying on the shelf. Is it worth the time? I thought of maybe getting to it when I have my summer break, but it looks unlikely with TSW2 coming out :)

31. JohnnyK98

Ace Combat 7 is a great game. The MP is alright too, I just wish there was a coop mode.

• Like Like x 1
  32. TheCadManFan

It's an interesting game. It's also very bleak, as a game about a plague would be. There is a bit early on involving a dog, that was upsetting to watch, it basically set the tone for the game. It's very stealth orientated as well, lots of sneaking around.

33. fanta1682002

ace7 is ue4 game

34. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Ace Combat 7 (one of my favorites too) uses the UE4, that's right. The developers also achieved to run the game in 60 fps on PS4. It would be nice to see the same in TSW on console. A smooth gameplay considerably encourages the immersion. With the latest Nvidia graphic card drivers it also feels very smooth on PC.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  35. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Beside TSW I play sometimes Air Missions hind. Okay the environment grafics are not on TSW level. But the helis and their cockpits are good recreated. The engine sounds impressive. The flight characteristics and so on are relatively realistic.

I love to fly the Hind or the crocodile how the russians call it. On PS4 you can use Mi 24 A (the first Hind version with classic cockpit not with the known tandem cockpit), Mi 24 D, Mi 28 N, Ka 50 (the predessor of the know Ka 52 Alligator), the Mi 35 (a modern Hind version) and the Mi 8 (classic soviet/russian midsize cargo heli).

You need no manual, because there are good tutorials.

My resume:

It's not so realistic like TSW and environment looks not so good. But it makes a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  36. JohnnyK98

I'm waiting for it to go on sale. I played the demo version and really enjoyed it, it just lacks polish overall. I'm a huge fan of helicopter type games/sims. We had Apache Air Assault on PS3/360 which was really amazing, there was also Thunder Wolves which is an arcade game.

• Like Like x 1
  37. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

AAA was really good. It was a bit more realistic than Air Missions Hind. Only missions were a bit over driven (some missions with around 100 hard aims). I also played Il2 sturmovik - birds of prey and Birds of steel. Really good games. Sadly the developer changed after that in the free to p(l)ay area.

• Like Like x 1
  38. JohnnyK98

I was a big fan of IL2 and Birds of Prey, and I tried playing War Thunder, but I couldn't get over the confusing menus and free to play model. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward for a 'next-gen' WW2 flight sim. I have a lot of good memories playing online multiplayer.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I’ve spent literally all of my playing time over the last few months on TSW 2020 (for the PS4)... other recent console games I’ve played (prior to TSW 2020) include: CoD Modern Warfare, Ace Combat 7, Obduction (by Cyan), and The Witness.

40. TheCadManFan

A Plague Tale: Innocence
    Finished the story, just need to mop up the handful of trophies which I missed.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  41. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

When I'm not thundering down the line at some inappropriate speed (because I wasn't paying attention), I've been wrapping my head around Hearts of Iron IV and hitting the road in ETS2 and ATS.

• Like Like x 3