The Catch Twitching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frailkrazykev, Jul 7, 2020.

1. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Has anyone else noticed that some lures you can twitch perfectly everytime but others you cant, even lures in the same group.

I can twitch the 3inch honeycomb popper fine but not the 4inch or the smaller ones and cranks, swimbaits and plastic shads/worms are hit and miss with twitching i usually end up jigging them.

Any help would be appreciated also like to know if you have noticed this to

• Like Like x 2
  2. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

The weight of the line, the weight of the lure, the action of the rod, and gears of the reel all play a part. If you change lure sizes you have to adjust your other gear as well in order to get the same effects.

3. frailkrazykev

Thanks i'll give it a go and let you know i've nailed every other retreive, i seem to get most bite on the drop at loch mickle or using the stop and go retreive also the spoons work really well there for all the predatory species in the lake

• Like Like x 1
  4. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

I cleared the Mickle Mastery in just under an hour fishing from the north boat dock and aiming as close to the bank on the right as I could get. Near the water lily's. Sunrise, cloudy, chrome-silver spoon. Constant retrieve.

5. frailkrazykev

Nice they're the conditions i fish for there same lure to but a little farther out in about 12 ft of depth had loads off trout and artic salmon and char with some decent pike too still no boss fish yet though :(

• Like Like x 1