The Catch Dropshotting And Jigging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bstfguy, Jul 6, 2020.

1. bstfguy

bstfguy New Member

Hello.
    I’m absolutely enjoying this game. I’ve been playing non-stop since my purchase.

With that said, I enjoy all facets of catching but do have a few questions.

In regards to Dropshotting, I can’t figure out how to perform that retrieval. I’m combining the correct gear but can’t seem to perform it correctly.

Also, I’m having a similar issue with jigging/twitching as well when using a jig lure.

Can someone please explain the procedure to preform these correctly.

Thank you.

2. stevenrichards29

stevenrichards29 New Member

Im also having the same issues, im using PC with Xbox controller. Been trying to twitch for 3 hours but it just isn't happening. I changed the sensitivity down and up on the controller but with no joy, I even changed the sensitivity on my mouse but that also did nothing.

3. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

To get drop shots to work, the line has to almost be straight down from the top of your rod. Then you can kinda pulse the button ( I play on Xbox so for me it's R3) find the right rhythm and it pops up. Still working on nailing that down. Twitch relies on reel retrieval speed and a constant, rhythmic motion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Jigging is just reeling And continuously flicking your rod in the same direction try either a 1-2 speed and just keep flicking either continuously left or Right
    Also make sure your using the Right trigger while doing this makes it a lot easier for me

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

Twitching,jigging,dropshot is bullsh*t...it doesnt work...i try everything its never green...

6. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

I don’t even know how to drop shot, someone in my stream told me how to do it but I don’t understand the aspect I had a few drop shots pop up green but after that nothing. There’s no tutorial on it I believe but it’s fairly difficult

7. bstfguy

bstfguy New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I appreciate the advice and will try further. I guess I’m not the only fisherman in this boat, so to speak.

8. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

I've caught fish using each method over the last couple of days. To Drop shot you have have the fishing line dropping almost straight down from the top of the rod. Hold down the focus key and hit the button ( for me it's R3 on an Xbox controller) you going to hit it until it goes all the way up and then let it go. Once it hits the top, let it drop, don't hold it. Once it hits the bottom, lift it again. It seems that the distance it travels up and down trigger the green. For jigging. Cast out, set your reel speed to 2 then reel in. Hold the focus button and start taping your right stick ( again, Xbox controller) all the way in one direction then release it. Keep doing that to a one one thousand two one thousand rhythm. Like the ticking of a clock. Don't hold the stick, just keep tapping. Presto, green.

9. bstfguy

bstfguy New Member

Thank you for your detailed response. If I may, I have a question pertaining to what you stated in regards to Dropshotting. Do I need to do a very short cast or is there a way to drop the lure, for instance, right over the side of my boat? Basically, at what point do I begin what you explained.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  10. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

Very short cast then reel in until the line is just under. If there is a way to just release the line and let it drop, I haven't found it.

11. bstfguy

bstfguy New Member

I will give it a shot. TYVM

• Like Like x 1
  12. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Any specific line heights or set ups in particular to use ? Which is the best drop weight to use for certain lures. So what your saying is pull the line up out of the water after you’ve just clicked the analog in and hold it then drop let it sink and rinse repeat ?

13. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

The weight of the shot has more effect on it's drift. So, in still waters, use light weight. In heavy current, like parts of Ebro, use a heavy weight. It also works better in deep water then shallow. Again, like those 30ft drop offs in Ebro. Also, your not pulling the line out of the water. Only up from the bottom and then back down. As for lures, it depends. Time of day, weather, target fish, local bait fish and creatures all play a part. If you are using a controller, place the tip of the pole close to the water, hold RT, then click and hold R3 until the pole doesn't go up any further, then let go of R3 while still holding the trigger. Repeat rhythmically.

• Like Like x 1
  14. macauleymayes15

macauleymayes15 Member

Right noted I was told by someone else how to do it and my thumb got a bit sore holding the bloody thing, basically have to hold a rhythm, up holding down release up hold down release but you can do it without holding the R3 right ? Because when I was doing it in a nice chime it was hitting but wasn’t consistent

• Like Like x 1
  15. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

I'm using a pro controller with right click mapped to one of the back buttons. I hate clicking my sticks

• Like Like x 1