Why Preserve Csx Heavy Haul,

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kim1087, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

while I'm hyped about Sand Patch grade being upgraded for the new TSW2 because it looks like a busy route with lots of challenges, I don't see why I would want to have the same route twice in my game,
    in my opinion it is going to be a complete waste of time for DTG to preserve the original.
    The original route only has 35 services all doing the same thing I found it long and boring and always fell asleep whenever I drove it.

Is there a way that I can permanently remove it for my preserved collection as I don't need two copy's of the same route in the game?

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not going to be in the preserved collection as far as I can tell. The original will stay in TSW2020 and only the new version is included in TSW2. You also get to decide what routes from the preserved collection you want to download into TSW2. If there’s any route you don’t want just don’t download the preserved version.

3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

SPG will be the only route from TSW that will not be preserved but remastered. So no, you will not get it twice in TSW2. tbh they were pretty clear about this in the latest Q&A.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope they address the bugs in the existing DLCs before preserving them. Hopefully that’s why they won’t all be available from
    Day One.

I mean, why preserve bugs that ruin the experience.

5. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I'd wait out on that one mate... :|

• Like Like x 3
  6. Trenomarcus

They clearly said that no changes/bugfixes/improvements will be made to preserved content. Will be exactly the same as they are right now, just updated to make them working on the TSW2 engine.

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Has this been confirmed ? This is one of the main questions I had about TSW2 as I am intending to leave TSW2020 installed alongside TSW2. I did not hear this answered in a Q&A

Of course I want this to be the case...but I am aslo worried about an 'all or nothing' approach to the preserved content after it scans your old version or does an account check.

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Shoddy :(:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trenomarcus

You can decide via steam which DLCs should be installed and which should not, to save disk space. It is a feature from steam itself, unrelated to TSW or TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yep, I know that...but technically the preserved content is not TWS2 DLC, so it may not get listed in TSW2's DLC tab.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Preserved content ARE TSW2 DLC, and will be separate from TSW1 content. Matt has confirmed in the last stream that you will have to download them separately, so presumably you can turn their download on and off separately in Steam

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well they've confirmed that they are not planning on doing any changes/upgrades/fixes to TSW2020 content after the release of TSW2. However I'm still hoping they will release a bugfix pack before the 6th of August, as technically they didn't rule that one out. I don't see much chance of it actually happening, but I'm hopeful anyway.

13. Trenomarcus

We have no exact info at the moment but I would expect that preserved content will be additional TSW2 DLCs packs automatically added to your steam account if you own the TSW counterpart. They did something similar during Railworks era.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  14. Trenomarcus

Good for you :) But this is not going to happen.

15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is an interesting discussion. It can be very confusing. What I understand now:

There will be a "new" TSW2 Sandpatch route which resembles the TSW route but it is technically different and has a number of additional timetable services. So, this is NOT preserved collection and the rolling stock is fully TSW2 compliant.

There also is the old TSW Sandpatch route, which you cannot use combined with TSW2. Practically, this is OK, because if you buy TSW2, the new Sandpatch route is included.

The open question is, what will happen with the GP40-2? For this there is not yet an answer.

Maybe, it will be fully upgraded as well, so you still can use the scenarios and wagons for the new Sandpatch route. Then you can no longer use it at NEC.
    Alternatively it will be preserved collection. The it is usable only at the NEC route, which is preserved collection.
    Third option is that we get both of them,
    Fourth possibility, the GP40-2 has one instance that can be used both as preserved collection and TSW2 native.

I think the BR422 will cause similar issues, looking forward on what we will get and how this is going to be solved.

16. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Regarding "fixes" to TSW content before the arrival of TSW2, I certainly hope that DTG will send out the patch RIVET already provided for the DB BR 204, which includes a new 90-minute scenario along with some model fixes. Jasper Rivet's latest message regarding this reads, "
    we're aware that the update on the 204 is eagerly awaited - we can't wait to see you finally playing the polished loco. But, we're still waiting for the 204 to pass Dovetails QA process, which we don't have a date for yet, but we're hoping it'll be just another week or two.
    But we can say for sure, that we didn't forgot about the update and we're still chasing Dovetail on this. The patch is definitely coming, it's on the internal beta build already.

We can understand your frustration, but again we ask for a little more patience. Thanks a lot for your understanding!"

DTG sent out a lot of ballyhoo about this being the first 3rd party DLC for TSW. Are they now going to abandon it? I dislike going negative, but this strikes me as ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vasiliskilion

vasiliskilion New Member

So what will happen with the DLCs we already have for TSW2020? Like for example will we eventually get another West Somerset Railway DLC for TSW2? Even though we will already have the non-remastered one from TSW2020? Or will we just not see any of those DLC routes in TSW2 mechanics and they will keep on making different routes for TSW2? Just some random thoughts I have for the game.

18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You'll keep them in TSW, but you'll also get them in TSW2 and whether they get updated, amended or fixed will only happen in TSW2 if at all

Other than that, you keep them in TSW1 as you have now and if you do want to play them in TSW2 you have to start over again because the save files are incompatible

19. vasiliskilion

vasiliskilion New Member

I know that yes, what I'm wondering is if we will ever see those routes remastered for TSW2 and if at all, weather that will be DLC or not. Like for example will they release the West Somerset Railway route, again, as a new DLC for TSW2 but remastered?

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Very unlikely that will happen. Those routes are done now. There may be a small chance in the distant future of all the German routes that are close together being upgraded and linked into a network, but that’s me talking not anyone who can make that happen. But safe to say for now that there will not be any remastered versions of TSW routes other than Sand Patch Grade.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I was referring to whether the ability to selectively download preserved routes in TSW2 was confirmed....not anything to do with bugfixes :)

22. whenden

whenden New Member

Why would you download your preserved collection to TSW 2,when there doesn't seem to be any advantage in doing so,or am i missing the point?

23. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

My guess so you won't need to have both TSW2020 & TSW2 installed at the same time. The only reason I am leaving them both installed as I prefer the TSW2020 routes to stay in the client they were designed for, I am just a little sceptical that they will all work 100% on the new UE version (at least at first)

24. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I has been confirmed by Mat P in the last Q&A that PC uses will get both

25. Trenomarcus

Old content will still benefit from the updated UE engine and updated UI.

26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

He actually gave a bit of a woolly answer to the question of whether PC users would have both but what he was saying is that PC users would still have the original Sand Patch route in TSW2020, as in that version remains unchanged. Only the new version will be in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

That strikes me as both probable and sensible, but in what ways?

28. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Maybe a tiny bit better lighting, but that's about it. Even despite the engine upgrade, the old routes don't even get the new dynamic skies™, and they said there are not any other, real changes to graphics, such as extended shadow draw distance or anything.

However I am really looking forward to see how the flying sparks will look like when you're wheel slipping.

29. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

At this moment pure speculation if it will be useful to use the preserved routes at TSW2. It may be you like the user interface better, or the reward system. I still hope we can use the scenario planner on the preserved routes, but that is not sure. I hope it has some advantages, why would they bother otherwise? For some reason, in the long term I cannot imagine that the preserved stuff will not be upgraded. See now the Sandpatch engines, what does this mean for NEC and Peninsula corridor? I have no idea. The reason not to upgrade all engines is of course the amount of work. I would like to know where the real limitations come from.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  30. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Again it's pure speculation and until some actual gameplay is available, we won't know what differences there will be between the TSW version and the TSW2 "Preserved Collection".

The cynical side of me, sees it purely as a marketing tool to further sales of TSW2 as not everyone would want SPG again or the other two routes on offer, so probably wouldn't bother with TSW2.

This way , if people think they are getting some slight improvement to their TSW content in some form, they may buy TSW2 because the price point is possibly the only thing DTG have presently got most people agreeing on.

• Like Like x 1