Guard Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jeaglesone, Jun 20, 2020.

1. jeaglesone

jeaglesone Member

First and Foremost I know that this has been posted before - I’ve even posted a similar thing myself
    However with the announcement of TSW2, I find that TSW1 never got the features that we wanted. One of the main attractions that made me buy TSW in the first place was the potential for players to undertake roles such as the guard.
    I doubt, now, that we’ll ever see this feature, but as TSW2 seems like it will add so little to TSW, it would be great if we finally got this feature.

N.B. I made a (more in depth) thread about what I’d like to see such as this a while ago so have a look at that for more if you wish)

• Like Like x 6
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see that feature in tsw 2

3. thesuperpuffin

thesuperpuffin Member

If this were to be a combined role with ticket collectors, then there could be dialogue options to talk to the npcs. Action Points could be awarded for dealing with people with no tickets, and returning to the gaurds van in time for the station stop, as well as waving the flag and blowing the whistle.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Being a gaurd isn't about waving a flag and blowing a whistle. These days it's much more sophisticated. Power doors, no gaurd van. Just a rear cab, and 99 times out of 100 we open the doors from the passenger coaches. The doors have a panel that opens with a carrige key.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

This is going to sound unusual to start off with but bear with me. So first a little background my Nephew (who is 9 years old) really likes trains. So I decided to ask him his favourite Train Simulator and he responded "Stepford County Railway" which I eventually found out is a Roblox game, in said game he told me there is announcements, a guard mode, dispatcher mode, signaller mode. And I thought hang on a minute DTG is a large company and they cant fulfill any of the above. It's kinda depressing when you really think about it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mintycal

mintycal Member

It would he great if you could also be a dispatcher aswell as interacting with passenger on the train and being a guard and dealing with passengers with no ticket

• Like Like x 1
  7. LucaW

LucaW New Member

A "Guard Mode" would be really nice. It would add an actual element of usefulness of the ability to actually walk around, outside of it being a gimmick.

• Like Like x 3