Class 20 Released

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Steve 31, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Steve 31

Steve 31 Member

Thought I would treat myself to this on release day and I'm not disappointed.
    There seem to be issues on console looking at the threads but not found anything wrong with PC version.
    It looks and sounds good. Controls work well and seem accurate. No silly amount of time to wait for brakes to release like on 31. Very nice to drive and not found any issues yet!
    3 scenarios added including a freight run beyond Redcar for the first time although unfortunately in the downhill direction. Just 4 services added but it can be used on some existing ones.
    Also in timetable mode on WSR in both nose first and cab first directions. No pairs that I could see.
    On WSR the brakes are vacuum as they should be.
    The only panic I had was the nose first cab view when you first get in the seat had no visibility out the window, luckily the right arrow gives a much better view so you can enjoy a drive without leaning out! Would have thought that would have been the better default view but no big deal.
    A nice touch is the ability to put the headcode discs in any position you want by climbing down and clicking on them with the mouse.
    So overall I would recommend it, can't fault it at the moment although only done a couple of services.
    It may be the last release on TSW1 and it is a good one. Shame it won't have features like proper wheelslip but I think it is about as good as it could be.
    With TSW2 being a let down as far as the UK is concerned, it is nice to have another model to use on TSW1 while we wait for a proper British route to be released in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Just got it... I'll be giving it a go shortly!
    I'm the same as you, I have no interest in what routes are coming with TSW2. (not interested in the underground either) I doubt I will buy it until something decent on the UK front turns up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ps4 no issue as far as Im concerned. Nice loco.

4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - posts must be in English only]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2020
  5. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Just finished my first two scenarios in the class 20 and thoroughly enjoyed them.
    Well worth buying.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah I usually don't really care about UK stuff, but I watched the stream and it looks like a lively loco. Also the route seems nice, I like this industrial feel and the scenery is really pretty. So even though I'm not into Uk stuff, I consider buying the route and this now.

7. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Just gave the tutorial a run through with the class 20 and to have a look at the inside of the cab and see what she looks like.
    Very happy I must say.
    Had my head out of the window to get a view of anything past that long nose when going forward... I'll have to sort out a better way of controlling the view system. You can't click and drag the controls and keep a good look out at the stop points, and typical me, I forgot what the keyboard controls were, lol!... managed to dig out my keyboard card for a quick reference.
    I'll have a proper play on it tomorrow though.
    The scenery of course is great on the Tees Valley route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I watched the stream it certainly looked good. Was going to hold off for a few weeks but £12 seems good value.

9. fanta1682002

CLASS 20 £12 good value.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Even with the TSW2 saga going on, I could not resist another UK train to put in the stable!

11. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Can the 20 be used on the East Coastway Railtour?

12. Connor Eaton

Connor Eaton New Member

No.

13. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Oh ok well I won't hurry to buy it then, when I can buy a medium dominos pizza, garlic bread and 1.5L lunch meal for £11.99
    Cheers for letting me know, may buy it next month

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Yes, but unfortunately you won't be able to run that on the East Coastway either... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. LoCo BoCo

LoCo BoCo New Member

Scenario 3 "Chop and Change" gives me a stuck at Red Signal on automatic points 3/4 way through the scenario. I've made a seperate post. Other than that I agree the Class 20 is mint, much better Horn Sound and Volume, Awesome clag output when fully yoked! Great to see the Limestone Hoppers too I grew up beside the Redmire to Northallerton branch line and that's where the Lime came from for Teeside's huge steel industry. We often had Class 47 on this route too, and occasional Class 50 (Car Transporters) and 56 (Haa Haa merry go round). I'd like to see TSW2 allow us to run any train on any route in a specific country and have more of a free play, make your own scenario option too. Oil leaks on the centre track ballast, more variable and longer lasting Clag and emissions would really add to TSW2...maybe the occaisonal stone on the track would add something to make you jump. Happy days.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fanta1682002

class 20 that on the East Coastway not work

17. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Best humorous response I've ever seen in these forums!

18. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Probably got fewer bugs as well :cool:

19. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Also if I'm not a particular fan of 80's British locos, I found TVL and all the add-ons for this route like one of the best and solid product on the top of all TSW routes (something like the Ruhr-Sieg Nord of the UK side). Class 31 looks fantastic and Class 20 is very well built too.

20. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Depends on if the teenager who made the pizza washed their hands first ;-)

• Like Like x 1