West Somer Set & Rapid Transit Multi Uses Rail Service?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 8, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I have been wanting a tourist line for germany like the british west somer set line but figured at this point we might never get one but when i look at rapid transit and how it's just along rail line with just two types of trains,it seems kind of touristy,so when you look at rapid transit does it look or feel like a modern futurist sort of west somer set?I'm really thinking outside the box on this one

I'm guessing most people who use this line for real would say the only thing touristy about is how annoying the tourist who ride can be sometimes.lol.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s a tourist route in the sense that tourists will inevitably use it, but it’s not a tourist destination in and of itself. WSR is a heritage railway which naturally attracts tourists to come and experience it, particularly those who love trains.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Rapid transit is a rail service to get people from where they are to where they want to be quickly. The exact opposite of West Somerset Railway, which goes very slowly.

4. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

WSR and RT are not related in any case. RT is S-Bahn as in Schnellbahn. That means people in suburbs and rural regions around a big town - Leipzig in this case - need to go there let's say working and they'll take the S-Bahn. Ok closing time, of in the Bahn and then I'm finaly at home again. The same with pupils. So a commuter train à la Germany. The main reason of an S-Bahn > Beeing a fast way in and out of a huge city.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well i don't live in germany or have i ever been there,yet,and i know germany has many great tourist railroads but i don't see why visitors who love train couldn't find any fun riding this rail line it's above and underground station are very well designed and very pleasant to look at,i've seen videos of the real line seen in train sim world and i don't think it be that boring to ride and visit,maybe i'm just weird that way.