Train Sim World 2 Players Wishes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Thats Right!
    This Thread is for Players to Share their ideas Forward a Better Train Sim World 2.

Every Player idea is Welcome!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes very good

3. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I know everyone is going to say kettles, editor, multiplayer, longer routes etc so I'll try something different.

• Better and more diverse people and ideally more of them. Maybe even a group ai for families with kids (much like Planet Coaster/RCT3)
    • Cross Route AI (so for example on NEC and LIRR have some Amtrak or LIRR paths for AI which activates if both DLCs are installed)
    • More countries to add variety, for example Switzerland, India, China, Japan, South America, Thailand etc - All would offer a different experience to the big 3.
    • Multiple Timetables, so you can select a day where all is running well or a day with disruption so lots of chasing yellows, TSRs etc

• Like Like x 11
  4. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

A proper career mode where you have to start as a trainee and attain a certain level of competence before you can move up to other locos and services. Making the levels more appropriate to how good you are rather than just how long you play for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. fabdiva

Maybe something like a Career mode for those that want to start at the bottom and learn how to do things, get cheevos etc, and a sandbox for those that just want to drive trains without score etc

• Like Like x 2
  6. fabdiva

Actually I'm going to take this a step further, have services from both routes available, so for example if you'd just arrived at Penn driving an LIRR train and see an Amtrak AI service parked a few platforms over then if the player tries to take over that Amtrak they'll be given the option of loading the NEC route and after a loading screen they take over that service. It would be a new instance so things like the LIRR stock would load in AI positions but time of day and weather would be carried over.

• Like Like x 6
  7. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

We need more AI for TSW2 timetables for example the ICE route with the ICE3 & talent 2 running close to each other

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Concur with everything written thus far. All ideas that will broaden the appeal of TSW2 without diminishing immersion and realism. The idea of a career mode strikes me as particularly fun.

9. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Passenger info system where you have the station time display Animated
    In train announcements
    Animated railroad crossings
    Add road traffic to the preserve train sim world 2020 dlc that need them like the North East Corridor DLC

• Like Like x 2
  10. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I agree. The northern section of the Bakerloo Line will look very empty on the WCML with no AI services.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

I think it's the little things that are great. There should be a variety of passengers (men, women kids, elderly people, people in wheelchairs, groups of people, families etc.) Passengers that dress appropriately for the weather, passengers with bags and backpacks and such. Adding people eating, queueing, and buying in buffet/restaurant cars plus snacks on the counter will really make TSW2 a gem. For British trains with headcode boxes you should be able to change it and with disc headcodes you should be able to move them all the way up, open and closed.

• Like Like x 6
  12. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

More refueling and turntable jobs

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Train Sim World is such an amazing game but why not create an official dovetail games t-shirt to sell to players remember dovetail games has a lot of games.

14. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

More locomotives for Sandpatch Grade...ST70AH ES44AH SD70MAC ES44/40DC ET44AH SD70ACe and rebuilt locomotives.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BAZ

BAZ Member

They should improve the AI trains overall. They behaive the same in every route. Full power until they reach the speed limit and slam on the brakes when they get really close to the station. That's the AI for you in this game. But they could at least have it where the AI sounds the bell and horn on American routes with the right horn patterns of course!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

This would be so awesome. The big 3 are nice, but it's starting to look all the same pretty quickly. Would be awesome to have a change of scenery, signalling systems, and trains.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

and so one of the countrys which would bring in a completely different scenery would be switzerland.
    Just imagine the Gotthard or Lötschberg route from Spiez to Brig in TSW!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Switzerland with the view on the Alps would be so nice. And SBB does really a great job.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really want them to do Merseyrail and NYC Subway ‘7 train’ and ‘J train’ routes.

20. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Preserved collection to work with all features in TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  21. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Very good proposal. That would bring so much variety with 17 routes and around 40 locos.

• Like Like x 1
  22. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

There should be some kind of labelling on the 2D map. Even if it can't be to the extent of TS1 where every siding is individually labelled, at least the main stations should have labels.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Totally agree. I don’t see why this isn’t possible or why it hasn’t been done. The whole point of a map is to provide information. The more information the better.

24. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

I would love them to add GO Transit to TSW2. They pretty much already have the assets but would need to add MP40PH, MP54AC, and the newer Bombardier cab cars. They could add the F59 engines too but currently GO only operates a handful of the these and they will soon be completely phased out. I would rather they keep with the newer engines and vary between consists (12 coach) with single engine and double engines. Double heading MP54ACs is quite the experience (according to actual GO engineers). Dovetail even have a good chunk of the Lakeshore line already made (Oakville subdivision). My suggestion would be to make the Lakeshore East/West lines since they are the busiest by far. It would be cool to include the branch lines but that might be asking too much. I want more Canadian rail experiences. I hope you are listening Dovetail!

25. George1862

George1862 Active Member

I have asked for this route since tsw first come out so in train sim world 2 please add the great eastern mainline class 90 mk3 set please

26. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

SD70ACET4.SD80MAC.CLass59