Nyc Mta J,m,z Subway Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Loyalty, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

The R179 is currently being stored at the Concourse Yard for Long Term Storage. Since they will be stored for long term storage, I am guessing it could be weeks or months until they return to service. The last issue with the cars detaching is serious in my opinion because the doors between the vestibules on the 60ft cars are not locked, unlike the 75ft cars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I live near the concourse yard I only need to take the bus to get there. Westchester yard also

3. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Not only that. The R46 was specifically built for the B division or the IND. They are wider and longer. The J/Z lines can NOT support 75 foot cars and wider cars on that line. The J/Z/M are part of the BMT or A division. Since the J/Z/M all share trackage the R46 would rip up and tear apart all stations on the route if one were to venture to those tracks. The R46/R68 car bodys are wider not the wheel trucks. Same goes for the R68/A. That's the true reason why the R46 or the R68/A will NEVER run on the J/Z.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Louis-MTA NYCTA

This is also the reason why the MTA has decided to go with the original 60 foot car plan. The R46 and R68/A can only run on the IND lines. All other cars that are 60 foot (Like the R32, R160A/B, R179 etc) can run on both the BMT and IND lines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

But there are a few exceptions. The BMT N, R, W and Q lines can operate R46/R68/A trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The R46 was made after the MTA Took over IND, BMT, IRT. That’s not the reason for the R46’s not being on the J/Z. The reason is because they are 75Ft long. The width of ALL B Division Subway Cars are the same at 10Ft, it’s the length of the train that stops it at that curve. Once before, a Train of R68’s was run on the J and got stuck on the Crescent Street curve. The J/Z can run 75 Ft cars all the way up to Broadway Junction. The J/Z are a part of the B Division. The A Division ONLY consists of the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, and 42 St Shuttle.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ZeenozPlays

The stations can support the width of them, the curves of the tracks make it impossible past Broadway Junction Towards Jamaica. The R46/R68 isn’t wider, they are just longer Rolling Stock.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Joe-c127

Joe-c127 Member

They're at ENY, but they haven't seen revenue service.

9. Joe-c127

Joe-c127 Member

R46 cars have never ran in service on the M line, doesn't mean they've never ran in the eastern division. they did run them up the M line on a fantrip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. malikrthr

The 75ft SMEE's (R46, and R68) and the 60ft SMEE's and NTT's (R32, R42, R143, R160, and R179) have a 10ft width. The length of the R46 and R68 subway cars are the issue though for the BMT Eastern division subway lines.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZeenozPlays

That’s what I’ve been saying, it’s the length not the width. All current B Division Rolling Stock has a 10Ft width, it’s the length of the 75Ft cars that makes it to where those cars can’t get past the curves after Broadway Junction.

12. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

Okay well TS2 has been announced and it has the Bakerloo Line so there is a chance that NYC subway could come. Honestly, I just want an above-ground or open-cut route. I don't care which one it is but at least above ground/open-cut.

• Like Like x 5
  13. ZeenozPlays

I’ll take any NYC Subway Line at this point. As long as it’s done correctly and accurately.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Louis-MTA NYCTA

I can see DTG making a NYC subway DLC. Only time time will tell however. DTG will release their roadmap of future DLC content 1 week before the TSW 2 launch. What do you guys think about TSW 2 so far?
    I think it sounds ok for a new game but TSW 2 should be discounted for people who owned TSW 1 or TSW 2020 for the first 3 months. Having spent over $100 USD on DLC content it's the least they can offer.
    As for a NYC subway DLC we all may see one, If the Bakerloo line come out right we may see a NYC subway line be released in the future.
    The logical line I think to release would be the J/Z lines because it's not the longest line nor the shortest and it is mostly outdoor trackage.
    But I am excited to see the service planner, so we can actually create our own stops and go express or local.
    I think the A/C lines could be released but I think it is too long for DTG to recreate every aspect of the line.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ZeenozPlays

I think TSW 2 is a little overpriced, to me, it just seems like an incremental update. We will see how much has actually changed when they show us gameplay. Hopefully they do make a NYC Subway DLC. I’d love to see Staten Island Railway, the 6 or 7 Trains in the game. I think the 7 Train would work well because it is an isolated line. (Only Track connection is the N/W at Queensboro Plaza)

• Like Like x 1
  16. malikrthr

I agree, it would be cool to see a subway DLC created by DTG. For now, we have OpenBVE which is also really good at simulating the physics, sounds and graphics of the NYC subway, but to see the subway developed in TSW would add a whole new level of realism. I second that, it would be great if there is a discount that we can get for those who have TSW2020. If a NYC subway line was to be developed for TSW, I can see the 42nd st shuttle, Franklin Avenue Shuttle, L train, or 7 train being released as they are independent lines.

• Like Like x 2
  17. malikrthr

I can understand the R46 not operating in revenue service on the J/Z lines due to the sharp curvature on the Crescent Street Curve, but have wondered why the R46 have not operated on the M line as a shuttle from Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue to Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenue or a full M line run from Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue to Forest Hills-71st Avenue. They should be able to run normally on the M line because the M line splits from the J/Z lines at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenue and the Crescent Street Curve is about 2.5-3 miles east of Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenue station.

18. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Similar to the Crescent st curve. The Myrtle ave viaduct that merges the M line to the J/Z lines is very tight an R46 would break the barriers or even just get stuck. The curve is shaped like an S curve that is very tight. The reason for this curve and connection was due to the Myrtle ave EL being dismantled and discontinued back in 1960s. This is why there is a small spur segment that has been left intact at Myrtle ave Broadway station on the upper level. So M trains were diverged in an S curve fashion to merge with the J/Z lines.
    Fun Fact 1: The same-level track crossing for trains at Myrtle ave Broadway station for the M trains is one of the last in the entire system that still operates.
    Fun Fact 2: The reason the J/Z lines make such a tight curve at Crescent st is because this was originally the Fulton street EL. The segment between Crescent St and Alabama ave is the oldest segment on the J/Z lines. Take a look at the stations they have a striking resemblance to the EL's used on the 3rd ave EL and other 2 track EL's. There was also a proposed express track but it never was fully built.
    That is why in the middle of the Crescent St curve or the middle there is a 3rd track. This very track was the unfinished proposed Express track.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Louis-MTA NYCTA

tr.jpg
    Look at the top of the station to see the proposed express tracks structure which would have created an express track for almost the entire route it would have been like this below.
    Jamaica to Broad Street: Peak direction express
    1 Jamaica Parsons
    2 Sutphin Blvd- Express via middle tracks from 121st Street to Upper level of Crescent Street.
    3 Crescent Street- Express via upper level to Alabama Ave. (Upper Level Track)
    4 Alabama Ave- This is the only built upper level Exp structure at the top of photo (Upper Level Track)
    5 Broadway Junction (Middle Track)
    6 Myrtle Ave Broadway (Middle Track)
    7 Marcy Ave
    8 Essex St
    9 Bowery
    10 Canal St
    11 Chambers St
    12 Fulton St
    13 Broad St
    Reverses and goes back same way
    Just think of how amazing this would be if it was built. It would actually serve a purpose for Z service. J would be local and Z would be super brooklyn/queens express. This would save over 15 min of travel time.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

there is a reason why the express track was not built. It was too heavy for the structure to support.

• Like Like x 1
  21. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Are all of us NYC dwellers that are hoping for something?

• Like Like x 1
  22. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Some nyc trains

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  23. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

Facts that’s why I rather have someone who knows the NYC MTA system in and out rather a person who don’t know nothing gotta be carefully detailed Bc every stations have a unique way style.

• Like Like x 2
  24. ZeenozPlays

Exactly, and knowing Dovetail, they would just Half-Ass it and have most stations look the same.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Loyalty

Yeah that would be a disaster waiting happen. underground station would be a challenge lol but outside would be easy lol almost all the stations look the same if they get that wrong then I don’t know what to say Lmaooo

• Like Like x 1
  26. Loyalty

Yesss I’m From NYC my whole life born and raised it be nice if they make MTA subway lines I mean they got the MTA license the rights to make one

27. Loyalty

Hmm why they couldn’t make straight line or less tight curve If that’s only situations the R46, R68/A couldn’t run it. it would’ve been amazing seeing them running on the Jamaica line tbh

28. Louis-MTA NYCTA

It would indeed increase the amount of people on each car, being that each R46/R68 car is longer, wider and has more seats. But even if the cars were able to run on the lines major station renovations/overhauls would need to be made to accommodate the wider longer cars. If the trains were to run currently, the trains would literally tear and break parts of the station causing a lot of damage and would cost a lot too. There are other minor reasons as well. Overall the R46/R68 are great fleets but they are very limited due to their size and length to where they may operate.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Loyalty

Oh I see that makes sense they are amazing trains tho it seems a lot of reconstruction of whole line or those trains understandable. I’m Just Wondering what going happen to R179s since they been out for over a month now. What if they won’t be able to be back in service that be insane. Hopefully R211 test trains come this month Bc mta needs more trains desperately

30. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

We need more votes for this proposal start sharing this thread.

• Like Like x 4
  31. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

This looks interesting. I'd like a above-ground subway route in an urban environment. I mean, LIRR is nice, but it's still pretty green. This suggestion looks way more urban, I like it. :)

• Like Like x 4
  32. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

We reached over 50 likes on this proposal. Now we need over 60 by the future.

• Like Like x 5
  33. ZeenozPlays

This is one of the most liked Route Suggestions, dovetail HAS to see it.

• Like Like x 7
  34. Loyalty

Thanks yeah I’m glad u find this route interesting it’s many more routes like this that goes around the city of NYC

• Like Like x 2
  35. Loyalty

I know right they have to see it tbh hopefully they choose this route or another nyc subway route I’ll be happy with that

• Like Like x 3
  36. ZeenozPlays

I’d be happy with any line, preferably the A Division though. It’s still NYC Subway either way, it’s up to DTG or the third party devs and if they actually WANT to do it.

• Like Like x 4
  37. Loyalty

true especially the 1,3,4,6 lines 2 and 5 be nice but they are Long especially 2 plus they are express trains we gotta include local if a third party do it don’t mine the length of any route with amount of stations.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

We need more votes

• Like Like x 5
  39. isaiahslateter

isaiahslateter Member

This is amazing i been making posts about NYC train lines but i can't lie this is amazing and put in alot of effort into this

• Like Like x 5
  40. Loyalty

Thanks I choose this line Bc it’s short and mostly outside on its elevated tracks. But any route in the nyc subway is a possibility to become a route.

• Like Like x 5
  41. isaiahslateter

isaiahslateter Member

I agree

• Like Like x 2
  42. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

Hopefully this will be a reality soon.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Loyalty

Same here we all do that loves this suggestion & other nyc Subway Routes suggestions. I hope this gets made if does I definitely want the R42 to be the first train to drive in the game

• Like Like x 1
  44. ZeenozPlays

R42 ain’t in service no more. If they make the route they gonna end up just having the R143, R160A, and the R179. (Possibly the R32 as well)

• Like Like x 2
  45. Loyalty

Well that sucks I really looking for that train tbh the R160A is not up for debate lol it’s the main train that runs on the line anyways especially the (M) uses it only since J & Z use have of it with R143 & R179

• Like Like x 2
  46. kiyoko91

Here's a photo from R143 today.

IMG_20201010_071231_962.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  47. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, they put the J/Z strip maps on the R143 since they run on both the L & J/Z frequently.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Loyalty

Oh okay cool that’s good I always why the L never uses all of its train fleet that Bc it only uses 176 cars that is assigned to it outta 212 cars

• Like Like x 1
  49. ZeenozPlays

Yup, about 4 sets of R143's are also used on the J/Z (Benefits of having a joint yard)

• Like Like x 2
  50. kiyoko91

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.