The Catch Game Is Broken Especially Oxlease

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gooner4ever, Jul 9, 2020.

1. gooner4ever

gooner4ever New Member

I had my first boss fish on Oxlease within a few hours of playing, had my 2nd on Rotterdam after nearly 500 fish caught. Been on Oxlease for the last 2 hours and haven’t had a single bite. Other venues seem to be fine for bite rate although not like they were in FSW but Boss fish are nearly non existent and Oxlease is not at all an enjoyable experience.

2. Spruyzie

Spruyzie Member

I have put in 22hours finally had my 2nd boss fish and none of both are even carp which I mainly like fishing for, the question is if it's a terrible hard lake or that is just some in-game issue with the lake either way I'm not to giving up on the lake just yet!

3. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Personally I think the oxlease lake is well and truly broken I’ve tried it a few times and seem to catch nothing I’ll wait until the update if and when that will be??

4. HaZeFitx89

HaZeFitx89 Member

The bite rate in this game is horrible...i caught 17 bosses and no carp...

5. gooner4ever

gooner4ever New Member

Neither of my Boss fish are Carp which is what I fish for predominantly also, one a tench, the other a bream.

• Like Like x 1
  6. trianglewaves

trianglewaves New Member

Oxlease is very slow catching fish compared to the other venues.

7. Wintersmith81

Wintersmith81 Member

Thats funny because on Oxlease I get one to two sometime three if I'm lucky every 5 minutes. Is that bad then as it's the only lake Ive been on.

8. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

When it first came out I was hauling! But now lucky to get 1 or 2 every 10 mins. Boss fish are non existent in oxlease, to the point I gave up in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hawkwind

Hawkwind New Member

The boss carp are in there, I've had just the one carp boss from there but specimen carp come along with some regularity.

I quite like that its a hard venue, makes a nice change to the fish every cast maps. In fact the pace of carp fishing at Oxlease spookily emulates those big tough low carp density gravel pits I fished decades ago, where every double figure fish landed was a rewarding victory.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

I agree to a certain extent mate. Although it's a simulator and should be realistic, I cant think of anyone that wants to sit in front of a screen waiting for a bite time to be realistic (I.e waiting hours). When I first started the game catch rate was pretty normal, but last few days catch rate is shocking! I dont no if it's anything to do with unlocking more tackle and baits, or completing mastery challenges. Me personally I've fished oxlease for over 30 hours now and caught just 3 boss fish. Got to the point now where I'm just giving up, I'm just going to wait till a patch comes out. As with FSW and EF these were, and still are littered with glitches and bugs but instead of making them playable they decide to bring a new game out, which is incomplete and still will be when they decide to bring out a new game. It's got the foundations for a great game as the others did but they dont listen to consumer feedback, and until they do the games will keep rolling out unfinished and consumers left unhappy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. alexsalter3d

alexsalter3d New Member

[removed by Protagonist - watch the language]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2020
  12. gooner4ever

gooner4ever New Member

Why would you expect it to take a month for your first Boss fish and how many hours playtime is that? This is a game, by its very definition it’s supposed to provide entertainment. Nowhere in the games title or promotion material does it mention the word simulator. In real life I’ve spent a whole day or even a weekend just fishing for Carp with no success, however what I do get is fresh air, the feel of the sun on my face, to enjoy the nature around me and feel part of the natural environment. No game can replicate that experience so the core purpose is to catch fish which isn’t happening so there’s nothing else to get from the experience.

I’m glad they’ve toned down the catch rate, in FSW it wasn’t unusual to have all three rods on the go and constantly be playing a fish and IRL some lakes are much harder to fish than others however, I doubt that was their intention with Oxlease and the catch rate had been more than just toned down.

Edit: even if it was supposed to be more of a simulator, if it simulates real world nobody would buy it, especially people who don’t understand how hard it can be to catch IRL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. alexsalter3d

alexsalter3d New Member

Catching fish is happening mate. A fish is a fish. Simple as that. Your backbone is the problem.

[edit by Protagonist - watch the language]

Back bone mate.

Never did i mention a simulator. And Many hours a day.

[edit by Protagonist - watch the language]

14. alexsalter3d

alexsalter3d New Member

[removed by Protagonist - suspended for use of language]

15. gooner4ever

gooner4ever New Member

Wow you have issues way and above fishing

• Like Like x 1