Running Ts2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by georgedayy7, Jul 1, 2020.

1. georgedayy7

georgedayy7 Member

I am just wondering if anyone would know if a fierce EXILE gaming pc would be able to run ts2020. If anyone could help would be much appreciated.
    The specs are
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6GHz (4GHz Turbo), 4 cores
    Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Integrated Graphics
    Memory: 8GB of DDR4 Memory running at 3000MHz
    Storage: 1TB Hard Drive
    Power Supply: 450W
    Available Rear Ports: 4x USB3.1, 2x USB2.0
    Windows 10 Compatible

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The weakest link here is the integrated graphics while the minimum recommended spec' for TS lists a discrete GPU. Having said that I got started in TS on a system with integrated graphics and, although hardly ideal, enjoyed it with some caveats. Many of the graphics settings had to be turned down or off and even then locations with extensive detailed surroundings or busy moments would slow things down. At the time my options were this or nothing and it was better than nothing. It was eminently playable in fact especially since my favourite route was mostly low speed with simple rural scenery.

It's worth noting that my system was an i3 based laptop from a few years ago- the Vega integrated GPU in a Ryzen should knock spots off it. It's also worth noting though that the routes included with TS2020 are all quite new and likely to demand more of your hardware than anything I was running in days of yore.

Of course you can try it yourself for an hour and a bit and get your money back from Steam if you're not happy

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

As the above post says, the integrated graphics will let you down most likely. Vega 8 is rubbish. I'd be thinking of putting a GPU in that machine, and while you're there, more RAM may be a good idea. The Ryzen 3, while low end has fairly reasonable single core performance, which is important, as TS isn't really multi threaded. Fit a GPU - Vega 8 will give you a miserable TS experience, unless you turn everything off and run it at some stupidly low resolution. What res is your monitor? If it's 1080p then even a fairly low end GPU will kick Vega 8s ass.