The Catch Enjoying The Catch A Lot! However...

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Sim UK, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Sim UK

Sim UK Member

Few issues;
    Player movement is very buggy.
    Slow lengthy uninterruptible Animations cause input delay (2secs) before we can do anything with the rod/line.
    We need to be able to cast anywhere.
    Picking up rods can be frustrating.
    Let us sit down!!! A tent perhaps?
    Not being able to look around whilst holding a rod is a problem.
    Not being able to move whilst holding a rod is a shame too.
    The throwing action on the thrower is terrible!
    The SPOD is OK/not great, but why can't we put that rod down without it resetting?
    Why do I see fish doing nose stands out of the water??
    Why is everything so clearly visible when close to the surface? (looks like they are above the water)
    We need night and day cycles, not pick a time of day.
    The skybox is static and looks really poor especially when clouds pop in and out like they do.
    The UI has so many issues....and lots of bugs everywhere! (too many to list here - watch my review)

There are more, BUT underneath these issues you have a great game!

So DEVS please come and fix it up (for free), give it the polish it deserves and let us be proud of a Dovetail Game for once! This game is a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wes_villa

Wes_villa Member

If you've played Euro Fishing or FSW in the past then you will no by now that dovetail dont like to bring out finished or "polished" games. Instead choose to bring out games that aren't complete bring out 1 or 2 patches to fix a few bugs, then flood us with DLC. Before abandoning the game altogether to start on the next title.

3. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

Yeah, I agree with a lot of the above, I had high hopes that third time out the issues with the previous 2 games would have been dealt with but no it's been a bit of a copy and paste job really.

4. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Yes, All of This! The Game is a beauty in fish modeling, venues, it really beats anything else; on console anyway. The biggest of these that completely break the realism for me is reel action & retrieve rates. This has been present since Euro Fishing & really is inexcusable! It would be nice to be able to move while fighting but, isn't as much of an issue. I mean realistically, I've been many places Irl where you can't move or are extremely limited. Fishing from a boat, fishing anywhere in Alaska during peak Salmon season! It would be a really nice addition to see in game regardless.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. chrisjones4260

chrisjones4260 New Member

They could of easy of saved us all money and just of done a big update on fsw. This game has been made with fsw modelling with absolutely no improvement bar the reel setup on the side of the screen and a few different rigs. The lakes they have put in like loch mickle they have done no research on how they actually fish for salmon and trout up there plus another thing I noticed is don’t they no that salmon run up rivers to get to lochs. And then you can wind in a massive wels catfish in 10 minutes you can wind in a huge aarapima in 10 minutes but you can’t get in a 20lb pike in 15 minutes. The whole game is just a update to fsw with no research.

6. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

The only thing I have to half disagree on is the 'saving money' part. The game is equal in price to a 4 map dlc for FSW. That being said, many players would've much rather seen this game released as an update to FSW!
    There are obviously some very bad shot callers working within Dovetails fishing franchise. They need to get it together!

7. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

Think there would have been licensing conflicts to merge into FSW. I like the new game but as per the first two there are some anoying bugs. When you are on rotterdam you cant move when the fish get caught up in the boats, even if you could move left or right couuld possibly retrieve the situation! Also have found a bottomless section on Rotterdam. Needs tidying up. I do get what you are saying though as the gameplay is not so different from FSW!