Euro Fishing So Does The Time, Weather, Wind Direction And Day Length Really Matter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chizzckh, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

After a conversation in another thread, the question came up how important is environmental settings to the chances of catching and then successfully targeting bigger/boss fish?

So really I am just putting it out there - Does it matter? And if it does, then are different venues different, in terms of what environmental settings work best? Or is it just aesthetics and has no real bearing on the game dynamics at all? (That would disappoint me!)

I have always thought late night fishing gave me the greater success in catching those monsters but is it just a psychological thing? Does the wind direction really effect where the fish congregate or is it just random?

Let me know what everyone thinks!

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I have never seen it to have any effect. I have caught bosses in various times and weather. The only thing I noticed at some point , when at St. Johns the bite rate was better if the wind was blowing towards you. None of the other lakes it mattered though. And that was before all the updates this year , I dunno if it's still the same at St. Johns , haven't been there in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I am led to believe by the game dynamics itself that all the aforementioned factors are important to success - I am beginning to think they are not or should I say have little or no effect generally? I don't know if the developers can have their say on this....? I am sure somewhere in the game description that real fish behavior experts have been consulted - Well I am guessing if that is the case then fish behavior patterns to weather etc should matter surely?

4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi Chizz, good question regarding the environmental settings. The wind does play a big role in influencing where the fish will be congregating as it will move the food sources around the lake as well as the fish following or sheltering from the wind as they would do in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thanks Stephen, What about the time of day? Or is it just aesthetics for the game? The few I have spoken too about this seem to think that it doesn't really have much of a bearing as catch rates don't seem to fluctuate much.

6. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Multiple factors affect the fish behaviour and their locations including weather and time of day which means each session in the game should be different.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Does that differ from location to location? i.e some types of weather effect fish behavior differently in some venues, compared to others? Like calm sunny weather in Spain is good for catching but not so much on St Johns?

8. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

Simply put yes. If you need proof look at the regular top players in tournaments, these guys know where to be ,to maximise catching big fish or lots of fish

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So what everyone is saying or at least suggesting is that the wind has a part to play in terms of where fish are at any given time, possibly weather as well but still not sure about the time of day yet?

10. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The wind and weather are the bigger factors in influencing fish behaviour, however the time of day can make a difference and the fish may decide to really start to feed at different points of the day. These are all random factors and can vary from lake to lake and session to session.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thanks all..... Just trying to understand the game dynamics and what I should and shouldn't be concentrating on in terms of tactics and methods...

12. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

Think of yourself in the midday sun, your going to look for shade, oxygen levels drop so if there is a decent ripple on the water this will pump oxygen back into the water. Obviously that is very simplified but you get the gist. Remeber this is a simulation rather than an arcade angling game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FasT

FasT New Member

Seems tench feed better on the bottom with winter settings.
    Would be great to get more views on weather how it effects certain fish etc.
    Please add ur views as would be great to know more on mechanics .
    As already stated the top anglers know where and when to catch fish. So lets start sharing knowledge .
    Tight lines . Happy hunting.