Ideas For Different Modes In Tsw As A Whole

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by krustynuggets, Jul 4, 2020.

1. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I've been thinking a fair bit about how TSW as a complete game could expand gameplay wise. i came up with two different modes, firstly signal box mode where you would take control of any signal box on the in game routes and manage the signals and junctions trying to keep the timetable running. Secondly station master mode, which is similar but dealing with the crazy goings on during a rush hour trying to get the trains out of the station again to the timetable. So wondering who else has any gameplay mode ideas that might expand the TSW experience??

2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - unhelpful]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2020
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not a pathetic idea, it’s an idea you just don’t agree with. No need to be so rude when replying.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TrainSim_Fan

If you read, you would see that's what I would normally say. As it happens i didnt.

5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem with this idea, infact it's something I would want to see myself, this feature would be perfect for those who want multiplayer too. Signalling plays a very important part of a Train Simulator and I would certainly have a go at it if it ever got implemented where you have a crack at it yourself.

6. TrainSim_Fan

Please tell me how signalling plays an important role in TS1.

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist - argumentative]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scorpion71

Without signalling, trains would crash into each other, would they not?

9. TrainSim_Fan

Stujoy thanks. ;)
    The reason there is no 'modes' is console I guess. If consoles cant handle moving crossing gates, they wont handle a realistic depiction of signalling. If you have a laptop/PC try signal sim. It's a good laugh. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. krustynuggets

TSW is meant to be a real life simulation of a working railway and signalling plays a major role in that, so it should play a major role in the game too.

Side note the game isn't called train driver simulation so i thought it could cover all parts of the railway world, you just want to drive trains that's super duper, i believe on the other hand that the game has the potential to be so much more than just driving trains.

11. TrainSim_Fan

TSW is meant to be a simulation of driving trains, not all a whole network. Please link where this was said, thanks.

12. krustynuggets

It's in the title of the game dude lol, we get it you just want to drive trains, but other people see more than just driving trains and would love to see the experience expand and cover more aspects of the railway world, surely that's not a bad thing is it??

• Like Like x 2
  13. TrainSim_Fan

14. Scorpion71

I've spent more time riding as a passenger in TSW than actually driving! I find TS1 is more an immersive experience for driving than TSW

15. TrainSim_Fan

Scorpion your not wrong. I do the same.

16. krustynuggets

Now your just being petty, and I've never thought I'm a tough guy, but if the game was just about driving trains and nothing more i don't think it would be called train simulation world, plus i never lied and it was you that first went on the offensive after you replied to my first message in the thread. So please drive trains be happy but don't trample on other people's ideas and dismiss them just because you don't like them, as you said yourself, it's not polite dude.

17. TrainSim_Fan

Ok, I'm a guard in real life. So, I know what I'm talking about, ok? Definition of Train Simulator, 'a game that allows you to emulate real world train driving'. Nothing about signalling, guarding, conductors or managers.

18. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Best start hosing down this flame before it starts a blazing (before Protaganest comes along in here). As everyone has there own ideas and opinions.to see TSW improve and be different than the other Train Sims out there.

As for me, I find this suggestion, not a bad idea to add. While this is Train Sim World, I do want to see some extra features being added to make the experience more unique (Other than a Livery Editor or a Scenario Planner) than being just another "You drive a Train" game. And if you disagree with that, you better have a reason than just saying "I don't like it." Simple as that.

Plus: walking and riding as a passenger are also features that are different than driving.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. TrainSim_Fan

Challenger I'm assuming you mean quick drive.

20. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. It's just building a Train on a route and just drive it (with or without AI traffic). Pretty sure DTG will improve that part in the system later on after TSW2 release. But until then; It's early days man, early days.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. TrainSim_Fan

Your not wrong, I will continue to maintain a sceptical personality until I get my hands on it though.

22. eire007

eire007 Active Member

[removed by Protagonist - flaming]

• Like Like x 1
  23. TrainSim_Fan

24. eire007

eire007 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. eire007

eire007 Active Member

26. TrainSim_Fan

My essay above had plenty of reasoning I suggest you read it, it takes 2 minutes.

27. eire007

eire007 Active Member

28. krustynuggets

• Like Like x 1
  29. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i quite like your idea of signalling work it would be quite fun to do and brings variety to the game maybe for people who love taking screenshots there could be a photo mode where you can spawn on a platform ect and be able to make fully adjustable photos like you see in some modern games like spider man red dead redemption 2 and many others have a photo mode. i feel with this idea it would bring more and more people to take part and be creative with the screenshot competitions. any thoughts on this idea?

• Like Like x 1
  30. krustynuggets

I definitely would love to see a photo mode ive been taking bucket loads of screenshots on my xbox, that my friend is a top class idea for in game, plus you wouldn't need a keyboard to remove the hud for a clean photo.

31. TrainSim_Fan

32. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Sticking my 10p in, i personally wouldnt want a photo mode, i have taken loads of screenshots ( xbox one s, with a keyboard), i have lots of fun editing them myself, they could spend more time and resources doing other things in the game, but for me photo mode, nah..

• Like Like x 1
  33. Knightfire1964

fair enough i agree it would take some resources to do but if they were to do it would be nice but i agree with you that they should focus on other things in the game

34. Knightfire1964

i think many of us though can maybe come up with many ideas and suggestions but i doubt they will ever be achieved in the game which is a shame. thinking about it i guess that's how train sim world separates itself from train simulator as being a way of getting out of the cabin seat and exploring the station going on what was originally was passenger mode for great western mesmerized me when i first saw and played the game. all in all everyone has a different picture of seeing things some may seem fun some may see it boring some may hate it others may like it. The trouble i would feel if i was dtg this is it's a hard balancing act as you try to make a majority of a game fun for everyone to play and try and make it not boring. i guess problem is if they were to add different game modes ie signalling then people would moan that there isn't a mode for being a guard ect.

35. krustynuggets

My thoughts on this are a long term view, ideas put here are for the long term evolution of the franchise, the next xbox is going to be a mini pc in the scope of how it operates and is capable of doing, Microsoft themselves have said in the past how they want to just be able to update the software and not build a new xbox every few years like that of a pc, i maybe thinking/dreaming big but only because i believe how much scope and potential the franchise has for growth so you can have a real working railway in your own home, to explore, run, manage or as some people want just drive trains and nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Knightfire1964

totally agree

• Like Like x 1
  37. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

TrainSim_Fan Watch your attitude toward other people or you will find yourself with yet another suspension. Passive aggressive dismissal of ideas you personally aren't interested in is not welcome here. If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, don't post.

• Like Like x 6
  38. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

I have long wanted to do the conductor role. A bit more involved than being a passenger, but a nice break from the pressure of driving to a schedule. The rolling stock is so well modelled that the guard seats/compartments and functional door controls exist already, so it's not beyond reasonable hope that this would be a possibility.

39. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I like that idea of a guard mode, however i would just like something like TS××××, where the guard gives you aknowledgements, when its safe to go, we we have to repsond

40. krustynuggets

Any little features that more immerse the player to feel like they are a active part of the railway gets a thumbs up from me

• Like Like x 1