Swedish Route?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bertil Persson, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Hi!
    I would like a route from Sweden (Scandinavia). Trondheim - Östersund - Sundsvall? Boden - Kiruna - Narvik? X2000, X3000? Many of the EMU:s are very similar to the German ones. And I see many locos in Sweden are almost the same att in Germany. (Example Main Spessart BR 146, I think.) Converted to left hand drive of course. We have left traffic on swedish rails.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Scandinavian route. I'd love the chance of scenery and signalling systems. Would be nice to have a new train too, although I guess one of those German locomotives refit for Sweden would do too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I would love to see Kiruna-Narvik, having done the journey myself on the sleeper trains; it is spectacular and I think it would be a fun and challenging drive due to the gradients involved and the heavy trains.

4. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

Pewdiepie

5. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I agree. Kiruna-Narvik with ore trains and passenger trains and the express freight with fresh fish... goes down the main line via Boden and south through Sweden to Gothenburg or Oslo, don’t remember.