Intermodal Terminals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thundakid23, Jul 10, 2020.

1. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

would like to see them in tsw 2 loading and unloading containers onto trucks on sandpatch and realistic loading of freight like the coal loading and the ethonal loading more variety of freight cars and more ai traffic on all routes and radio chatter on all locos

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Inntermodal Terminals are no different to Regular Terminals despite what products they work.

3. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

oh right i didnt know that i saw the terminal in trainz a new era on youtube and it looked awsome

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right, a terminal is where goods, usually containerised, are transferred from one mode of transport to another. They would be great to see in TSW because most of the loading and unloading we’ve seen is at end point users or suppliers on a small scale, and not at terminals. It would be great to see containers being loaded or unloaded onto your train, especially at a large intermodal site, but that might be just a dream for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

In the yard areas served by the DB BR 204 on the Main-Spessart route, there are two container loaders and one scrap metal loader, all of which are at least partially activated since they can be seen moving. Unfortunately, none of them are involved in any activities, nor are they likely to be in the future.

6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I hope that that will happen. The only thing what speaks against could be that it cost performance. That was the reason why DTG took out functional leve crossings from the remastered Sand Patch.

7. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

oh right i didnt know that i am new to train sim just thought would be alot more realistic to see i saw i know it migh be performance heavy i saw it in trainz and looked awsome and i hope different varity of freight cars as well being loaded and more ai traffic make it more busier :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It all depends on how well you implement it. The crossing gates were bad for performance because they implemented them badly, as they have said it themselves. They also said they know a much better way to do it, but it's not on the to-do list now.