Brakes Cut In When Exceeding Speed Limit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nwp1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if someone could give me some advice please. I love this wonderful game but it does leave you frustrated at times.

My Question is concerning speeding.

When driving an engine at whatever speed limit if you go over, say 50 to 51, the brakes are applied and the vehicle stops. I don’t want to exceed the speed limit, but sometimes you get distracted and before you know it, the brakes are applied.

I believe that there is a way to set up your engine so that this doesn’t happen. I mentioned the point recently on a DTG live stream, when I noticed the presenter break the speed limit and with no cutout and the reply was. “It is the way you set up the engine.” I have looked through the manual and cannot find an answer. I am hoping that someone can give me some advice and hope there is a simple way to do this. Thank you.

2. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Can you give specific details... What train? What route?

3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It happens with most engines on all routes. Only the small engines don’t cut out but steam and non steam do.

Driving a BR 37/4 on the West Highland South route at present.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Might be - Open TS - Settings - Game Play - Autobraking untick if ticked.
    Some scenario creators using certain locos (??) will add the option that if the loco exceeds the speed limit it will brake temporarily until you are below the limit and you can then continue driving again. I can't remember the scenarios but they were published on the workshop and they are few and far between.

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There are RL systems which will do that at specific "safety"points linked to the signaling system (German PzB is notorious for this), but not shut you down any time anywhere you happen to go a kph over the limit!

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Peter. You have taken away my frustration, I will get a lot more pleasure playing the game, thanks to your advice.