South Western Mainline (london Waterloo - Weymouth)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by nwesthead20, Jun 27, 2020.

1. nwesthead20

nwesthead20 New Member

I think that as we already have the Portsmouth Direct Line (PDL (Waterloo - Portsmouth)), it would be a great idea to create the branch that splits from the PDL at Woking and heads off to Weymouth. Yes we already have the Southampton-Bournemouth section of the SWML but I don't think that it is enough track. Maybe later in the future, they could be combined into one DLC but for now I think it's best to have them separate.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

The 2d map on the original PDL Woking-Portsmouth route has bare bones track and landscape. Routes radiate from Woking and Guildford towards Southampton, Reading and Redhill. I understand that the original PDL was used as a base for the Waterloo-Portsmouth route so there might be further extensions in the future.

3. coolrobert21

coolrobert21 New Member

I would love to see Weymouth in Train Simulator. Also I would like to see an extension from Southampton to London via Basingstoke

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

5. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

The southwestern Mainline from Borunemouth to Weymouth

6. yuklop

yuklop New Member

Would love to see this expansion, especially the completion of the triangle around St Denys - Fareham - Eastleigh expanding on and linking the Southampton - Bournemouth route (currently ends at St Denys) and the Portsmouth Direct Route (currently ends at Cosham).
    Having this would result in a fairly complete SWML route set and includes the historic railway town of Eastleigh, which has the Eastleigh works and Railfreight depot for great scenarios. It would also be a component for the suggested Portsmouth Hrbr to Salisbury and westwards route. I'd pay more to complete this network.