Did Tsw2 Secretly Hurt The Potential For Db Br 204(shunter)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Far as i can tell all the german routes have many sections of track without electrification openning the door for the db br 204 desiel to be added to those routes,all the routes have many large yards and industrial spurs but whether or not it has overhead lines above the track(it still be useable on any german areas of track),to get this kind of locomotive it took a 2nd party to do it, just to get it for tsw2020 and months of pleading to get it's updated fix,it's truly wastefull after all the effort,it never had a chance to find it's way to any other german route mainly due to tsw2 comning so soon.(Even matts mentioned this topic in some of his past streams while driving german routes,that there are lines that would need different power to make use of them)So maybe even he was hoping to extend this locomotive into other german routes but tsw2 derailed that effort.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are many possibilities of what was originally envisaged for this loco. It may have supposed to have been useable on more than the one route but time ran out due to TSW2 releasing. It may have taken a lot longer to make than envisaged. There may still be plans to develop it further either in TSW or TSW2, we just don’t know. Time will tell.

3. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Yep the DB 204 would have had a terrific future, but ehm TSW2 came around the corner. Surprise! :) Ok, now ehm well a few clouds have come into the future of the 204 with some rain. It's main advantage beeing diesel is not a benefit anymore. Unless they may have got a plan because in the time the 204 was developed TSW2 was under way so we'll have to wait and see but I guess they will have thought this out correctly whatever they want or wanted to achieve. Btw nice loco.
    And this was my last post so far, going on holidays, everyone needs a break some time :cool: So I'll see you in September then.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

There might still be one last chance for the db br 204 to make it to other tsw2020 routes,since rivets game developed this locomotive for tsw2020 and it's extras and issuse fixes,maybe dtg could allow rivets to add the db br 204 to atleast some of the other tsw2020 german routes,only needing to contribute a little surpport when it's time arrange for the db br 204 and extras to get added to another routes,i'm sure rivet want to see there hard work used on other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Who's to say the loco wasn't purely a test bed for Rivet games to see how well their work was received and if a success lead to more 3rd party Support from Rivet and others, maybe whole routes could come from 3rd party devs in the future.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Those were the lines I was thinking along too. Although Dovetail have said that they won’t be developing TSW2020 further, the 204 could be seen as a special case for the testing of anything Rivet can do with it. There will have to be a modified version made for it to be included in the preserved collection for MSB, so the two versions will exist for inclusion in both the TSW2020 and preserved versions of other TSW2020 routes. If it’s going to be featured in any TSW2 routes then they will have to make a fully updated version as well. It starts to look like an awful lot of work to be done for one little loco.

7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I think they've been pretty clear there won't be any additional work done on TSW2020- look how long it took them to even push Rivet's 204 patch through. I'd love to be wrong about this, of course.

I have a feeling we'll see the 204 again in a future TSW2 DLC, though. I sure hope so, as it's quite fun to drive!

• Like Like x 2