Rain Inside Stations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Does anyone else who has the AP Sky & Weather Enhancement pack got a problem where it rains inside stations, and have you managed to resolve it?

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

It rains in some stations without the AP enhancement.

3. Pookeyhead

It now rains everywhere with it installed. Does it rain in Preston, Glasgow Central or Manchester Piccadilly without it installed? I can't be bothered trying to remove it to check, but I'm pretty damned certain it didn't.

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity I checked Glasgow Central in the rain and there is no rain inside the station. I don't have the AP weather pack so cannot compare but I know it rains inside Victoria station on the Chatham line.

5. Pookeyhead

Interesting. I rains inside Glasgow for me with the AP weather pack. It doesn't inside Piccadilly on the Leeds Manchester route, but does in Piccadilly on the Woodhead route. The difference is transparency in the roof. It appears that a transparent roof allows it to rain inside with the AP pack installed.

6. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Is there a correlation between tunnel occlusion missing and raining inside stations? It could be the older routes at fault.

7. Pookeyhead

It rains inside Piccadilly on Woodhead in BR Blue... that's quite a recent route. It doesn't rain inside Piccadilly on the Manchester Liverpool route, so whatever the difference between those two are, is the culprit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pookeyhead

I reckon it's transparency. The roof of Man Pic in Manchester to Liverpool is not transparent. It has some reflective texture to make it look like glass, whereas the one in Woodhead blue is transparent.

9. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Was just wondering about this. I have the AP weather pack installed, and notice it rains inside Glasgow Central.

10. Pookeyhead

Same here. 20210119075115_1.jpg

11. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

12. andy.malcolm

Actually ignore that, I have downloaded it now and the readme mentions it just sorts a couple of things with tunnels and nothing else. I'll leave the link up as some people might be interested regardless.

13. Pookeyhead

Did that ages ago... it made no difference.

14. andy.malcolm

Just trying to help my man.

15. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m 99.9% certain that will be down to DTG, and their patchy approach to the application of occlusions. It’s the same in TSW2, even on the latest TSW2 DLC you get midway through the first tunnel leaving Marseille and suddenly the cab lights up like you’re outside. This sort of sloppiness is one of the things that infuriates me most about DTG and what’s worse is that they never fix the problems. You have thought no rain inside stations etc and dark tunnels were basic things for a train simulator, wouldn’t you?!

There are tonnes of DTG routes that have virtually no occlusion anywhere - stations, bridges and tunnels alike. Have a look on DPSimulations site, he has a whole host of patches that fixes what should never have been broken in the first place over a number of routes.

ps He’s re-jigged the website and it’s well hidden. Here’s the link, bottom of the page -

https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/scenery.html

To the very best of my knowledge the AP weather pack has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2021
  16. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Hightower, perhaps it would be easier for DTG to compile a list of issues, so all is in one place, eg over in Suggestions/Technical?

• Like Like x 1
  17. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s a nice thought but these are very long standing issues (close to a decade in some instances) and DTG have long since stopped caring about them. They have been reported countless times as bugs by many different people.

The unfortunate truth is that they’ve pretty much washed their hands of TS2021 and barring very very sporadic DLC releases (and some 3rd party stuff appearing on Steam), seem to be putting everything behind TSW2. The only hope for improvement going forward is that a 3rd party buys the rights to TS2021 and takes it forward. You never know.

That said, one thing you can be certain of is that occlusions on The Woodline Line are about as low on the priority list as it’s physically possible to go.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pookeyhead

I know... I'm just saying it doesn't help for the benefit of others. The tunnel occlusion patches are still worth downloading though.

19. andy.malcolm

Yeah, I did clarify that in the post directly below it :)

20. hightower

hightower Guest

My bad too, I didn’t read the whole thread so missed that you’d already posted the link to DPS. Sorry.

21. andy.malcolm

s'all good!

• Like Like x 1