Tsw2 Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Jun 10, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Let the TSW2 baseless speculation begin!
    4K support and a dynamic skybox will make for an improved experience. I speculate will cab sway be improved?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Improved how?

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

While I do very much enjoy the cab sway feature, the M3 for example at high speed the shaking of the cab can be to much. I understand that’s how it may be in real life but I feel like it could use a minor tweaking and hopefully with the game engine upgrade it will add a little more ambiance.

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Do you actually anticipate such a split between the TSW2020 & TSW2 users on this forum to warrant the need for a 2nd baseless speculation thread ? :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I highly doubt, but I would like to see that anyway. It's a nice touch already, but sometimes not realistic enough. I especially hate how the trains don't seem to react to the rail joints and gaps over junctions. Look at a cab ride of LIRR trains for example and you will see the train move and tilt over junctions even through camera, in-game however they go through them perfectly smooth.

Anyway it's not that bit of a problem, what I'm hoping to see however is some graphical/physical improvements with the new Unreal Engine version. Hopefully the short shador render distance can be extended. Also the part in the announcement saying "enter another vehicle in your consist, all while full physics and simulation are still running", I don't really know what they mean by this, but I hope it means physics improvements in any way? I found it especially bad that train sway physics are not calculated for AI trains currently, so if you sit in a train as a passenger then the ride is completely smooth.

6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

My speculation is that if you just wait two months, that DTG will launch a new version of TSW, and they will call it "TSW 2".

• Like Like x 1
  7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Apart from some possible bug fixes nothing new is coming for TSW 2020 plus TSW2 will have some features not present and never coming to TSW 2020 so it seems appropriate.

8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

That's my point.....the original thread would just naturally evolve to become the baseless speculation thread for TSW2. This thread is redundant...

9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

baseless speculation it is .

• DTG Moved to make use of plugins within UE4 rather than core engine changes to enable more manageable upgrade paths in future
      Turns out to be the main reason for the move to TSW2 as the current TSW engine code is simply spaghetti at this point :P
    • Steam wont arrive until UE5
    • Ray tracing will be a thing
    • PIS systems come online within 12 months
    • TSW 2 turns out to be good move
    • Multiplayer allows up to 4 players to control individual locos but AI traffic will be disabled in online mode... so hope that does not come true btw :D
    Ok honestly I am just mucking about here because frankly the tone around here is so hum drum that baseless speculation seemed like fun.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

TSW2: Electric Boogaloo

• Like Like x 2
  11. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Didn't know where to post this but I think here's a good spot. Mhhhh interesting ... Look for yourselves.

Attached Files:

12. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

Cool! Fresh perspective is always a good thing. Almost always... ;-)

13. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I'm pretty sure this will turn up...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I speculate that subscribers to baseless speculations will continue to speculate as to the speculations of other speculators.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ll read all about what we would have speculated about regarding routes and locos in the official roadmap. I am going to speculate that the developers have come up with a system where trains can recognise which way they are travelling and have AI drivers sat in the correct loco in multiple loco trains, at the correct end of twin cab locos, and facing the correct way in single cab locos and switchers, and that the drivers change ends or locos when required. I’m also going to speculate that the above won’t happen. I like to cover all bases. But I do hope that happens.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

I speculate that next year TSW2 will become TSW3 for the next gen console market as ray tracing will be introduced and a newer engine will be needed

• Like Like x 1
  17. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

engine 5?

• Like Like x 1
  18. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

A slider for cab sway intensity would be welcome.

Sometimes it's off the Richter scale.

=Edit darn phone keyboards=

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

It has to do with the track roughness setting.

20. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I think TSW 2 will move further towards consoles as they already account for about two thirds of players, so it's common sense, that's where the real money is.

Not sure if TSW 3 will be next year, but I do see the current cycle repeating itself every couple of years when they decide to update the UE engine again.

There will never be a true world editor equivalent to that in TS1. That's been filed in the too difficult drawer already, if you want to look for it, it's labelled "B1N". (The trash or garbage for non UK members)

The new openess policy will slowly revert back to "No news on the...." policy of old.

Some people will continue to never be happy or satisfied regardless.

Others will continue to hang on every word with joy, buying up everything offered, regardless.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I don't expect that. DTG exactly knows that current gen console owners will not change to next gen consoles immediately. So DTG would not have enough console owners as customers.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. Plastic Pal

And it would be better to push it out (as TSW3...?) much much further down the road, to include UE5 as the base engine (when it gets released... and especially since UE5 is being optimised for PS5).... so 2023 at the earliest.....?

• Like Like x 2
  23. docsnyder1911

If you look in the past, most people changed to next gen consoles about 2 years after release. At this time the new consoles are much cheaper and the collection of available games is much bigger. For the most gamedevelopers than it is economic the right time to change.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

S
    H
    I
    N
    K
    A
    N
    S
    E
    N

• Like Like x 3
  25. Plastic Pal

O
    V
    E
    R

M
    I
    L
    E
    S

L
    O
    N
    G

• Like Like x 7
  26. Anthony Pecoraro

I've been thinking. I think the first DLC route for TSW2 will be an American one. It's initially coming with a new German and a new UK route, but an upgraded version of an existing US one.

• Like Like x 3
  27. docsnyder1911

I hope so too. I would like to see Sherman Hill or another mainline freight route. Because mainline freight action is prototypical for american railroading.

• Like Like x 2
  28. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Which American route will be the first Dlc for train sim world 2 you say it’s an existing us one?

29. Anthony Pecoraro

Sandpatch is currently coming with TSW2, but it has been upgraded from TSW 2020.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  30. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Many will continue to be somewhere in the middle as well. Happy enough but could always be happier.

• Like Like x 3
  31. longo239

Worryingly I find myself in agreement. :)

However, in my experience those people will tend to be in the minority, or much quieter in somewhere like a forum. The majority will be either complaining or praising making it a very polarised environment.

• Like Like x 1
  32. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The loudest people are those who are dissatisfied. This is true in every game in existence - usually because those who are happy are too busy playing the game to talk about it. More likely than the scenario you describe is that positive people tend to disappear and just head back to the game as they're likely to be yelled at by those who are disappointed.

• Like Like x 12
  33. theorganist

Haha even I agree with myself on occasions!

I think there is probably a silent majority of satisfied people but they probably don't inhabit the forums that often.

I think there is much truth in this, it is something I have felt in the past when there seemed to be a high level of dissatisfaction on the forums, you do tend to feel like you are a lone voice. I am sure it could potentially go the other way where someone with a grievance might feel they can't express it as they will be shouted down by, well I won't use the pejorative phrase which gets banded around, but I do feel that these forums have largely been balanced more towards the angry crowd rather than the positive crowd, but that might be just my perception.

Personally I feel we are all train enthusiasts, where ever we come from and whether we like to drive a 19th century steam engine or a modern state of the art electric train, we are also enthusiasts of the hobby, so to use the well coined phrase of recent times we should celebrate what unites us!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s like all those people who have voted “no” in the “will you buy TSW2” poll on another thread. Most of them will buy it but the ‘no’ vote is a way of complaining. All of the people who voted “possibly” will definitely buy it but the vote is a half protest and those who voted “yes” are seen as gullible fools by all those who voted “no” despite being the only honest people. It makes me laugh. We all like TSW, that’s why we’re here. I do like a good complain every now and then though, when it is deserved, but for now I’m off to write a letter to the council because all of the streetlights in my street are working perfectly. I think they deserve some praise for that :D ...

• Like Like x 3
  35. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Quite a weird way of thinking there. If people state a different opinion then they must be lying for sure?

Like yeah, I like TSW too, since I am here, but currently TSW2 will not offer me too much. The new features look promising, but alone by themselves are probably not enough to make me want to get TSW2. Sure the Sand Patch upgrade is nice, and I'm interested in the Londod Underground as well, but at the end my favorite routes are still the LIRR and the Peninsula Corridor, and considering they don't benedif anything from TSW2, currently I don't see much point in getting it, if I'm just going to continue driving these two anyway.

But I voted "possibly" on the poll, as I will likely buy TSW2 later after I saw what people say about it and when more routes for it are released, ones I'm more interested in (maybe another passenger+freight US, or a Japanese one, or another subway, etc). So I know I will probably buy it later on, but most likely not at launch.

• Like Like x 3
  36. longo239

So the only people telling the truth at the point in time in which they voted are the ones who said yes?
    What a load of rubbish!

• Like Like x 2
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, that’s about the size of it. They will all buy TSW2 like they said they would, as will all of those who voted possibly and the vast majority of those who voted no, who were all telling porkies.

38. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

I partially agree on this.
    There are too many toxic screamers on the forums.

I am a very happy customer who tries to put out positive vibes, because TSW is just the best thing on the market.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game and have almost 700hrs in and an almost complete DLC collection.

Thing is, TSW doesn't necessarily have to be 'better'. It has to be 'finished'.

The biggest complaint I see around these forum is that new routes always come with broken signals, speed limits and safety systems.
    Whoever is in charge of QA on that needs to do a better job.

Besides that, no complaints. Only requests.
    Some longer routes, High Speed trains and routes (ICE is a long cherished wish of me!) and a little more fleshed out scenarios, especially regarding shunting action, would be welcome.

For the rest: keep it up, the models and routes are very well done within the financial and time constraints that come with these sort of niche games.

Oh and please, just be honest about promised features. If you don't know if you can financially or technically deliver a feature, just say so. I'm not going to get mad. Just don't say it will be made and then go silent. That isn't very nice.

• Like Like x 2
  39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They weren’t stating an opinion though. They were replying to a question of if they would buy TSW2. If they voted no and then go on to buy it, which is what I’m saying will be the case, then they were just voting to complain. It’s more a continuation of the debate about how people complain about stuff more than they praise it and one way of doing that is to vote negatively in a poll. And above all I stand by my statement that most of those people who voted “no” will buy it. If they had voted “yes” they may have been accused of having a positive attitude, and nobody wants that, here in the house of the dissatisfied.

40. longo239

If no one ever questioned anything, accepted everything, nothing would ever change.

• Like Like x 4
  41. theorganist

I suspect many who voted no will purchase it, I wouldn't go so far as to say all the maybe's will purchase it but I suspect the vast majority will unless it turns out to be a total disaster. So I would agree those figures may not be accurate.

• Like Like x 4
  42. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So these have just popped up in the steamdb:
    What makes this more interesting is that these are linked to DLC's from TSW2020 (East Coastway, Caltrain MP36PH-3C 'Baby Bullet', Caltrain MP15DC Diesel Switcher & Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr). I have feeling that this is something to do with the preserved collection.

EDIT 22:11 - another one has been added, this one is linked to Peninsula Corridor:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  43. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Good news for the few always skeptical users of the Discord... we reported that DTG was updating those DLC for months now.

• Like Like x 1
  44. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

So are these going to be these first set of preserved routes ported over to TSW 2 then?

45. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

As we cant speculate future plans of TSW1/2. Nor can we then be pointing out steam db info to put out a positive spin on the preserved collection. Wait and see.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  46. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Hope DTG gives a final answer to this, but they are updating only MSB, SFJ, ECW, OSD, HRR, MP36, MP15 on steam for months now and the new DLCs reports above seems just a confirmation.

• Like Like x 1
  47. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It was my guess that they would be working backwards through the TSW routes for the preservation work and those steam updates seem to confirm that. I assume loco DLC would follow what was used on each route so each route is released as a full set to TSW2 with all the loco DLC available for it, so some routes with no associated loco DLC might be completed and released sooner. It’ll all come out in the wash.

• Like Like x 2
  48. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're selecting routes for initial preservation off several criteria - how many people have the route, whether the experience offered is different to what is already available and so on. The aim is to ensure that as many tastes as possible are fulfilled first.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  49. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

New TSW2 HUD (and the TSW2020 HUD added for comparison)
    Thoughts ?

[​IMG]

* Note - Ths may not reflect the final version of the HUD...but its 'pretty close'

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  50. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good new tsw2 hud

• Like Like x 2