Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rail Nation, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Rail Nation

Rail Nation Member

Will train sim world 2 Local multiplayer or cross platform playing

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Multiplayer is on their list but there are things they need to do first before that can happen.

3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

wait 2035 have
    Multiplayer

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

From what I remember - no cross playing on TSW2.

5. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

What would tsw muliplayer even look like,what would someone even do,other then drive a train?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

At a guess each player would drive a service which is in the timetable, with other players driving others? Maybe there could be servers for certain routes and at certain times. Players spawn at a station (could be the start or end of the line) and wait for the next service.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Someone drives a train. Someone else takes a photo and ticks the number off their ‘seen it’ list.

8. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

They'll be standing on the bridges ahaha

• Like Like x 1
  9. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

It's currently a NO when it comes to multiplayer, that's a no not a never. They have plans for it in the future but we don't know how long that is going to be. So for now it's a no when it comes to multiplayer

10. Eirik II

Eirik II New Member

I am looking for a possibillity to create a line in multiplayer not play in multiplayer. Is there a trainsimulator that can manage that?
    I mean that a group of people work together to digitilize a line and adding stuff in the same project, from different computers.

11. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

im hoping multiplayer wont require ps network but a nice multiplayer I see as a couple things
    1. multiple players/drivers for each route in a server
    heres a possible example of how id love to see it sorted: SERVER LIST: SORT BY ROUTE//LIRR ect ect.//ROOM NAME/LIST
    ect ect
    (have the servers be able to be public/private and password lockable and nameable too)
    2. have multiple drivers/timetables being run within each room with players being able to take 3 roles, passenger, driver, conductor
    (dispatch is possible but within timetable mode/ in general i dont think it'll be feasible for tsw in the current state)
    3. the servers should support 3 different modes, casual game play (normal timetable), off the rails casual (same but off the rails), and finally a simulator mode with effectively 0 ui for the people actually trying to do like an full on realistic irl like rp/ simulation with no chaos in a server ect ect ect from casual players and stuff

• Like Like x 1
  12. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Apologies but I really can’t see what a multiplayer would bring to the game except taking up the developers valuable time when they could be sorting out bugs and making new routes.

I’m not opposed to any idea to make the game more fun for people but I am opposed when it will take so much time for very little benefit- especially when they have so much to do already.

I play Train Sim World to have an hour to myself to relax away from people.

I’d hate to be a passenger on a game and as for a guard or conductor, their roles are customer service based and have little to do with the operation of the train in normal circumstances so it would be very boring.

13. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

some would like those roles tho, you arent the only consumer bruv

14. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I get that, it’s just they only have a limited workforce so it’s a question of what you want them to spend their limited time on.
    Other things will have to be sacrificed.